The fake kneel down before the half

YoloinOhio

Bush league all the way.  There is a far greater probability a player is going to get hurt on a meaningless play than that play will actually results in points.   That is some high school crap right there. 

Edited by FLFan

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did not like that move by Harbaugh. By faking the kneel down you invite defenses to do start doing things like schiano’s buccaneers back in the day. 

it was a nice fumble rooskie well executed 

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, but he at least tried to do something the opposing coach didn't expect.  McD should take notes.

The Bills never do things the opposing coach doesn’t expect? Ok

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did not like that move by Harbaugh. By faking the kneel down you invite defenses to do start doing things like schiano’s buccaneers back in the day. 

I don't know... It seemed a little cheap-shot to me at the time, but on the other hand... anything that makes the game a little less predictable (other than officiating consistency) may not be a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't know... It seemed a little cheap-shot to me at the time, but on the other hand... anything that makes the game a little less predictable (other than officiating consistency) may not be a bad thing.

Coaches not supposed to put guys at risk of injury on dumbass plays like that...that’s why it’s a bad thing

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If the Bills did that I would be livid. 

• Like (+1) 1

It may not have been the smartest play as there could have been a botched snap or something that the Bills grab and take back.  But ethically speaking, I don't see the issue.  Maybe if they had been up by 30 or something then it would have seemed like they were rubbing it in but in a close game, they were just trying to catch the D off guard for a trick TD.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

It may not have been the smartest play as there could have been a botched snap or something that the Bills grab and take back.  But ethically speaking, I don't see the issue.  Maybe if they had been up by 30 or something then it would have seemed like they were rubbing it in but in a close game, they were just trying to catch the D off guard for a trick TD.  Nothing wrong with that.

I’m not saying it’s “ethically” wrong. I just think it’s stupid.

51 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

it wasnt like they did this in v formation.  come on

Say What? It absolutely was the same V formation that teams use at the end of the game. It was bush league, IMO.

But like Yolo said, if I'm a coach of a team playing the Ravens for the rest of the year, I absolutely tell my guys to go full tilt on these a**wipes when they're in that same situation.

10 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

on those occasions you go and hit the QB, no matter what.

I was curious about this.  At what point are you allowed to just drill Jackson on these RPO's and fakes?  If he's pretending to carry the ball isn't he fair game or do they still "protect the QB" because we were tricked into thinking he had it?

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not saying it’s “ethically” wrong. I just think it’s stupid.

Okay, yeah, fair enough.  Like I mentioned, snap could have gone wrong leading to a defensive TD just before half so it probably wasn't the smartest move.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't have a problem with it.  It is why coaches like John Harbaugh won a SB and are looking toward another this year.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Didn’t have a problem with it.

58 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, but he at least tried to do something the opposing coach didn't expect.  McD should take notes.

I agree with these posts.   

• Like (+1) 1