John Brown showing he can be a #1 WR

Big Turk

He was showing it last year in Baltimore before Flacco got benched but this year he is taking it to a whole new level....then the offense became run Lamar Jackson and throw only when needed and he kind of faded.

Currently sitting at 56 catches for 818 and the longest active streak in the NFL of 50+ yard receiving games.

On pace for 90 catches and 1309 yards...by any measures those are #1 WR numbers...

This honestly might be the first time Brown has been viewed by a team as the first receiving option and he has been more than up to the task.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, colin said:

He was awesome, but at times, especially late, Josh was straight forcing the ball to him.  He's all we got it seems

Position group ain't there but John Brown is a huge step in the right direction. I liked the signing at the time since he seems the exact speedster WR Josh Allen should have all over the field.

Was hoping Robert Foster would get more action.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think this guy is probably our best WR in about 15 years. As long as the Qb gets the ball to him, he’s very good. Beasley is very good too. WRs are not the issue for a change.

We just need a big physical freak in the RZ. I was hoping Duke was gonna be that guy. It can wait till next draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NC Book said:

A fantasy football gem, he has been. Had him and Allen going. Combined 70 points! A great pickup for Buffalo! ...(and me ?)

The crazy part is as good as he has been I don't even know if I could start him in my lineups...

We play 3 WRs and I somehow ended up with Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill and Amari Cooper...

Cooper I got lucky and grabbed as soon as he was traded last year because he was a Free Agent after having almost no production with Oakland...

That trio has won me quite a few games by themselves...Goff has been sucking for the most part this year

7 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

Smoke has been a great signing. Now need a true wr for the other side. Allen will destroy with another weapon opposite of smoke

Michael Pittman/USC

Almost 6-4/225.      

40 time range: 4.42-4.52

Can stretch the field on contested balls. Great YAC.

He'll be there late 1st round.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The crazy part is as good as he has been I don't even know if I could start him in my lineups...

We play 3 WRs and I somehow ended up with Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill and Amari Cooper...

Cooper I got lucky and grabbed as soon as he was traded last year because he was a Free Agent after having almost no production with Oakland...

That trio has won me quite a few games by themselves...Goff has been sucking for the most part this year

You are stacked at wr. Browns been working out for me because I went a little RB heavy early in my draft. Ended up with Chubb, Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs and was able score Damien Williams off waivers. Mike Evans as my #1 so it's been Either Brown or DJ Moore as my #2. Mark Andrews at TE, I'm sitting nice in 2nd place right now.

People have different definitions of what is a #1 WR. He's putting up numbers you would want a #1 guy to have. But he's also getting all of the throws you would expect a #1 guy to have without the defense really tailoring their D to stop him because he is not one. To me, and my definition of a #1 WR, to which there are maybe a dozen at most in the league, he is not a #1. He would be an awesome #2 and Beasley would make an excellent #3. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He’s a big time player when he’s on.

My concern was whether he’d be that guy for 16 games. So far, so good! Getting him 3 years on a reasonable deal is great. If we can add another piece to the passing game it should go a long way to being a consistent threat on offense.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

People have different definitions of what is a #1 WR. He's putting up numbers you would want a #1 guy to have. But he's also getting all of the throws you would expect a #1 guy to have without the defense really tailoring their D to stop him because he is not one. To me, and my definition of a #1 WR, to which there are maybe a dozen at most in the league, he is not a #1. He would be an awesome #2 and Beasley would make an excellent #3. 

They can't stop him.  He's got 9-straight 50+ yard games. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They can't stop him.  He's got 9-straight 50+ yard games. 

He's good. He's very good. I was high on him before they got him and thrilled when they did. But it's dependent on what your definition is of a #1. It's like "Franchise quarterback." Some fans think there is ten of them. Some fans think there is twenty of them. 

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

My sentiment exactly. He would be an outstanding #2. Need that big, physical #1. I frankly can't believe the stats he gets pretty consistently. His route-running must be great.

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He was showing it last year in Baltimore before Flacco got benched but this year he is taking it to a whole new level....then the offense became run Lamar Jackson and throw only when needed and he kind of faded.

Currently sitting at 56 catches for 818 and the longest active streak in the NFL of 50+ yard receiving games.

On pace for 90 catches and 1309 yards...by any measures those are #1 WR numbers...

This honestly might be the first time Brown has been viewed by a team as the first receiving option and he has been more than up to the task.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the definition of a "#1 receiver" is. I mean this seriously. In baseball, we talk about a "#1 starter," and it's been defined as something beyond being the guy who starts opening day for every team. For example: one dominating pitch + at least two other "plus" pitches, etc., etc. In football, I think it's as simple as "the guy who gets open and makes the catch when everyone knows you've got to throw the ball." And that's been Brown this year. So yes, in my book, he's a true #1.

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah he doesn't meet my definition. To me a true #1 can make game changing plays that no one else can make. Brown isn't that. But he's a fantastic #2 because he makes all the normal plays on a very consistent basis. Doesn't make a lot of mistakes and can beat NFL corners consistently.

• Like (+1) 1