Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

Boy is there going to be a lot of belly-aching today when the Bills do not make a single trade.

Beane, McDermott, Daboll, and Frazier have all stated that they believe they already have what they need in house to turn things around. 

In the offense's case, I agree. We ALREADY have a big, fast WR in house who was regularly collecting 100-yard games last year. His name's Robert Foster, and we don't use him. We ALREADY have a shifty, playmaking running back in house. His name's Devin Singletary and we don't use him.

My crystal ball foresees no Bills trades and a lot of Bills fans' tears.

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

High and mighty?  Give it up already.  People are upset because I see the Bills for what they are.  Mediocre.  And nobody was hyping the Bills more than me before the Eagles.  Now I agree with those who were calling the Bills a Paper Tiger.  Let's face it, the Offense is not good and the run Defense is troubling.  

Please give it a rest.  There are scores of people on this board saying that the Bills are mediocre or worse.  It's OK to have that opinion, but others think it is an over-reaction to one bad game.  If all this gets you so upset, just do something else or follow another team.  No one is upset that you have your opinion, it's just your inability to recognize you are unduly negative and contributing nothing to the discussion that bothers people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

After watching the eagles run the ball down our throats like that, you don’t think DT is our biggest need?  

Adding another WR is important, but not the biggest need imo.  

John Brown is an absolute stud.  Beasley is an above average slot WR.  We could upgrade Duke.  Foster and mckenzie as 4ths aren’t terrible, both have proven to be able to make big plays.  

I don't know, is he? Since 2014 he reached the 1,000 yard plateau all of once (with 1,003). His other totals were 696, 517, 299, and 715. These totals don't meet my definition of an "absolute stud." I like him, don't get me wrong but I don't think of him as a true #1.

After what seems like a million years, the Bills used their best resources on a quarterback. We need to give him better tools to work with. If you think Brown is great, imagine him as a #2. ;)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Please give it a rest.  There are scores of people on this board saying that the Bills are mediocre or worse.  It's OK to have that opinion, but others think it is an over-reaction to one bad game.  If all this gets you so upset, just do something else or follow another team.  No one is upset that you have your opinion, it's just your inability to recognize you are unduly negative and contributing nothing to the discussion that bothers people.

Well Done!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Man you are one emotional person.

It takes one game and you go off your rocker.

It isn't one game. The Dolphins game exposed the Bills. Everyone is going to run the Ball down their throats now.  Teams like Cleveland, Baltimore, and Dallas are going to run all over the Bills. 

Just now, Logic said:

Boy is there going to be a lot of belly-aching today when the Bills do not make a single trade.

Beane, McDermott, Daboll, and Frazier have all stated that they believe they already have what they need in house to turn things around. 

In the offense's case, I agree. We ALREADY have a big, fast WR in house who was regularly collecting 100-yard games last year. His name's Robert Foster, and we don't use him. We ALREADY have a shifty, playmaking running back in house. His name's Devin Singletary and we don't use him.

My crystal ball foresees no Bills trades and a lot of Bills fans' tears.

Then why have they been linked to going after AB initially, and both Sanu and Sanders recently, if they didn’t feel like they had a need to fill?

Foster had a hot little streak last year, who knows what the issue is this season? This team has virtually all the same coaches that saw him go off last season, so I highly doubt they would basically eliminate his snap share if their wasn’t just cause.

Although, perhaps it is Daboll’s gameplan and ignorance thinking Foster is basically a poor man’s John Brown, but that is some highly speculative thinking right there.  Daboll is terrible so I can’t be 100%...

Either way, I believe Beane wants to make some moves, but he won’t overpay like the Rams did when they rented Sammy for a 2nd rounder...

I'm probably in the minority and I've changed my mind recently on this. I don't think there is an answer out there offensively with just one player. The offense is gonna be what it is. They need to improve playcalling and execution. The only difference maker to me is getting a leader for the defense.  I'm not sure that's out there available either. Von Miller would be my choice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

For years?  He’s almost 32 dude...geez

Well to be fair, even if it’s just three, that is yearS...

I could see AJ having a similar career to Larry Fitz, he definitely doesn’t have the durability like Larry, but most don’t.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

3 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Andrew Billings and Von Miller would make a lot of sense.  A true one tech needed to stop the run and an elite pass rusher for a couple of seasons going forward.  Not holding my breath this gets done, but I would love it if it did.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I'm probably in the minority and I've changed my mind recently on this. I don't think there is an answer out there offensively with just one player. The offense is gonna be what it is. They need to improve playcalling and execution. The only difference maker to me is getting a leader for the defense.  I'm not sure that's out there available either. Von Miller would be my choice. 

Not a bad take. Even if you get a receiver in here, with there be immediate chemistry? Likely not. Top of my list would be Von Miller or a run stuffing DT (not even sure any of these are available). This defense has had a big problem getting pressure on QB’s and getting gashed by runs. It is also looking like the defense will have to carry this Bills team on their backs. Improve the side of the ball you have an actual chance of improving.

Edited by PetermansRedemption

16 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

He is the only guy worth trading for because if you lock him up they have an excellent receiver for years.  

Years?  It'll take him 5 years to play 16 games.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

If Ignorant = realist, call me ignorant.  The Bills are a mediocre football team.  Their offense is NOT good and their run defense is not good.  You can't win in a league where you can't score points and can't stop the run. 

Unfortunately -  mostly true.

FWIW - The Special Teams are also garbage again...

THe Dallas game should be interesting.

11 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

It isn't one game. The Dolphins game exposed the Bills. Everyone is going to run the Ball down their throats now.  Teams like Cleveland, Baltimore, and Dallas are going to run all over the Bills. 

Well, your handle is "FUTURIST" so I suppose that means you can see exactly what the future holds, huh? 

So in the future... teams just rack up 9000 yards a play on the Bills, ya? And nowhere in the future do the Bills make adjustments and fix the things that led to exactly ONE team giving them trouble with the run game. The same one team that gives just about everyone trouble with their run game because they execute extremely well. It happens. 

After Week One there were tons of people on here saying, "They can't play close games like that, no way, no how! They will LOSE, I tell youse, LOSE LOSE LOSE!" And then they proceeded to win four out of the next five. 

Last season the defense had an awful outing against Baltimore and it followed for the first half against the Chargers. But then... *gasp* things were fixed! Adjustments made and things got better.

But hey, you got the line on da future so I guess you'd know. 

Edited by blacklabel

18 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

How does this conversation contribute to a thread about the trade deadline. Start another thread if you want this discussion. 

He would, but he can’t. Knowitall noobs tend to have a short shelf life..

10 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’m almost 32. Why is that so old all of the sudden ?

I said the same thing at 32. And 33. And 34. Up till my late 30s, actually. I was in great shape and couldn't understand why that was considered "old" in the sporting world. I kept wondering, "Why can't these guys play though their 40s???"

Then I hit 40, and...

tenor.gif

Edited by Golden Goat

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Before this last game....you said you were hyping the Bills more than anyone.  One game later....

image.thumb.png.60a3e6898e7812cafcb1fc9bd790abd0.png

I guess you're going to completely discount the other bad stretches in which we corrected it.  Doesn't mean it's going to happen again but it also doesn't mean they will continue to be gashed on the ground.  

But you've already made up your mind and you're sticking to it.  

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Man you are one emotional person.

It takes one game and you go off your rocker.

I agree the offense is bad, I've said it all year.  The defense under McDermott has had bad, very bad stretches.  Nothing was worse that the 3 game stretch after the starting 5-2 in 2017 and the beginning of last year.  It gets corrected.  I'm not concerned right now.

So I do share some of your concerns but I can keep my emotions in check....

Yeah, he says nobody was hyping the Bills more than him, then one game later they are a paper tiger. ONE GAME. Don’t get too high, or too low. Important life lesson. I was not hyping them without reservation before the Eagles, and now I’m not going to panic. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. 

I’ll be happy with the Big Picture, but it’s not until next year that I have hopes of maybe taking the division. Let’s just keep showing progress on offense (with 9 of 11 new starters), and lets figure out the run D. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Yeah, he says nobody was hyping the Bills more than him, then one game later they are a paper tiger. ONE GAME. Don’t get too high, or too low. Important life lesson. I was not hyping them without reservation before the Eagles, and now I’m not going to panic. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. 

I’ll be happy with the Big Picture, but it’s not until next year that I have hopes of maybe taking the division. Let’s just keep showing progress on offense (with 9 of 11 new starters), and lets figure out the run D. 

Here's a crazy idea.....let the games play out?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's a crazy idea.....let the games play out?  

Can we do that? Don’t we have to be sure right now and scream it from the rooftops? 

We still have a lot of ways to improve. Who didn’t know that? But it’s been good enough in 5 of 7 games, so it’s not ALL terrible. I like our trajectory. I keep saying that, but I think it’s important to look at the big picture. 

13 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Well, your handle is "FUTURIST" so I suppose that means you can see exactly what the future holds, huh? 

So in the future... teams just rack up 9000 yards a play on the Bills, ya? And nowhere in the future do the Bills make adjustments and fix the things that led to exactly ONE team giving them trouble with the run game. The same one team that gives just about everyone trouble with their run game because they execute extremely well. It happens. 

After Week One there were tons of people on here saying, "They can't play close games like that, no way, no how! They will LOSE, I tell youse, LOSE LOSE LOSE!" And then they proceeded to win four out of the next five. 

Last season the defense had an awful outing against Baltimore and it followed for the first half against the Chargers. But then... *gasp* things were fixed! Adjustments made and things got better.

But hey, you got the line on da future so I guess you'd know. 

Should not a guy going under the handle of Futurist know what tonight's Mega Million numbers and tomorrow's Power Ball numbers are?

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Somewhat off topic, but Cowboys are inquiring with Jets about Jamal Adams.

Somewhat off topic? Compared to the crybaby middle school fight you just had a hand in? I think this is one of the more on topic posts in the thread. Keep it up Mr. Moderator!! 

22 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Unfortunately -  mostly true.

FWIW - The Special Teams are also garbage again...

THe Dallas game should be interesting.

By interesting I'm guessing you mean getting worked on national TV again by another national media favorite only to look like paper tigers, again...?

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Listening to GR right now. Goofy Sabres talk, but one of the guys just said he’s looking at his phone and ‘something appears to be brewing @OBD’. I don’t mean to be a gossip spreader, but we’re ALL thinking about it..

They were probably just ordering food.

• Haha (+1) 2