Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I understand your logic, just don’t agree. We’re going to need superior players at Edge & WR. Neither of which likely come from the Draft in their 1st year -especially with how McDermott treats them. IF we can land a stud player from either position today, it significantly helps us this year and the future.

I am hoping we go hard after Ngakoue in FA. He's going to cost, but he is likely the premier pass rusher set to be on the market in 2020. Sign him then draft Yetur Gross-Matos and DE is set. YGM reminds me of a young Michael Strahan. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Listening to GR right now. Goofy Sabres talk, but one of the guys just said he’s looking at his phone and ‘something appears to be brewing @OBD’. I don’t mean to be a gossip spreader, but we’re ALL thinking about it..

Coffee?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Frez said:

I don't see the Bills making any trades today. 

If we do, I think DT, WR, TE are the priorities. 

I agree with this, my only fear is that Beane surprises us all and becomes a seller this year. I hope not. I would like to see us add a WR, but we don’t need another WR 2 or 3, only worth it in my opinion if we add a #1.

i haven’t heard any Vic Beasley talk lately, but that is the one I could see happening.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Listening to GR right now. Goofy Sabres talk, but one of the guys just said he’s looking at his phone and ‘something appears to be brewing @OBD’. I don’t mean to be a gossip spreader, but we’re ALL thinking about it..

It’s on like a mofo 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

That’s why the thread is here, gossip is welcomed!

I can’t understand the desire for an RB, that doesn’t move the needle IMO. 

AJ Green would be nice, but he’s a rental with questionable health. Depending on his availability and cost, worth the risk IMO. 

A run stuffing DT would also be nice, but secondary in my opinion. I think you can scheme against the run, not ideal but it’s possible. Also maybe some PS guys around the league that can eat up space?  Not sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

AJ Green would be nice, but he’s a rental with questionable health. Depending on his availability and cost, worth the risk IMO. 

A run stuffing DT would also be nice, but secondary in my opinion. I think you can scheme against the run, not ideal but it’s possible. Also maybe some PS guys around the league that can eat up space?  Not sure. 

I'd be very surprised if the Bills traded for a player on an expiring contract they didnt plan to extend.   It doesnt fit with the get better now and tomorrow standard Beane has.

If they trade for Green, an extension will be put in place.   They wont give up a pick for a player they only intend to keep for 9 games.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The silence is deafening. I’m on the Derek Wolfe train as he fills a need on the field and brings leadership as well. That and I can’t see him costing as much as bigger names like Miller that are being thrown about.

Under the radar...

7 minutes ago, dubs said:

I think the issue is price.  

We could use  a DT, WR, RB and DE.  

Those are all positions we will likely address in FA or the Draft anyway.  

A game changer at WR might be going for an asking rate of a 2nd for an oft-injured AJ Green or multiple 1sts for anyone “low-key” on the trading block (Mike Evans type).   Same for Von Miller, if available.  

We could potentially grab Gordon and Wolfe/Billings for less than it takes to get AJ Green.     

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, dje85 said:

Why te/ We have like 8 of them. I think it is DT, WR OR DT. Dark horse is running back as for some reason Daboll doesn't seem to trust Singletary. Maybe he wants a vet running back this year and slowly work singletary in for next year. 

We have 8 of them but none are good. 

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'd be very surprised if the Bills traded for a player on an expiring contract they didnt plan to extend.   It doesnt fit with the get better now and tomorrow standard Beane has.

If they trade for Green, an extension will be put in place.   They wont give up a pick for a player they only intend to keep for 9 games.

I could see it if it was a 5th or later pick for a former top player on a bloated contract. Im sure there’s a point where Beane would gamble a bit if the possible return outweighs the risk. It’s highly unlikely, but there is sometimes a voodoo trade that works out (randy moss).