Gase upset Darnold’s “seeing ghosts” being aired.

Beast

I read a thing on reddit from a Vikings fan who said that Zimmer, is the type of coach who will blame himself or his players depending on who he believes is at fault. I will take a coach like that over a "everyone's fault but my own" coach any day of the week.

25 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think Gase knows that, but he's also got to try to rebuild his QB's slaughtered confidence and the ghost thing doesn't help.

I took his comment more along the lines of he wasn't happy they aired the comments SD made reviewing photos on the bench (that's when SD made the comment essentially) and if they're going to air comments made during such activities he's no longer going to participate in the mic'd up program.  Looked at as such, he does have a point.

But airing it out in front of reporters like that just fans the fires

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How does one post gif here I have a bunch of god ones for this

Copy the full Gif link, click on "Insert other media" in lower right hand corner, click on "Insert image from URL," and paste link

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Gase knows that, but he's also got to try to rebuild his QB's slaughtered confidence and the ghost thing doesn't help.

I took his comment more along the lines of he wasn't happy they aired the comments SD made reviewing photos on the bench (that's when SD made the comment essentially) and if they're going to air comments made during such activities he's no longer going to participate in the mic'd up program.  Looked at as such, he does have a point.

Yep, he was pissed that the comments were aired with out first running it by the Jets. Gase is an ass; however, I think he's right on this one.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think Gase is trying to get let go for mental health so he can go to another team.  

Oh and each one of these will give him mono again.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right.

He has drawn more attention to it because he is a moron. 

Frankly, I'm glad Gase was hired by the Jets. I hope BB quits after this season and Gase continues, and ends, his AFC East tour in New England.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

seeing ghosts is a standard term that QBs and Coaches use when talking to QBs. 

meaning “seeing something that isn’t there”. All the Jets crying about it is doing is fueling the Memes and Gif. Hell even Farve out talking about it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

this was a national TV broadcast, not social media. If Gase had so much of a problem with it, he never should agreed to it in the first place.

Yes, but social media is going to make it a problem.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Good piece, Thanks!

"Favre knows a thing or two about “seeing ghosts” on a football field.

“That’s a term that Mike Holmgren would say to me quite often, my first one, two, three years with the Packers,” Favre said Tuesday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “It’s not a new term. Quite frankly, I’m not surprised. A young player — the quarterback, especially — will have a tendency to see ghosts. You know, you hear the term a lot, ‘It’s slowing down for him,’ and that is kind of the opposite of seeing ghosts. ........  when you get to the pros, that pool of really good players becomes bigger, and so you’re facing more exotic defenses or better talent and the speed of the game is fast.” So Favre thinks it’s just a matter of time before Darnold stops seeing ghosts.

“It’s really nothing other than being a young player . . . Over time, the thought is that you see less and less, and you become very familiar with your offense, and I think that’s something that’s often overlooked. I mean, this is a new offense to him, and it’s not to Tom Brady and Josh McDaniels.”

PS That Pick Six Podcast is funny, but they seem to be using this guy's Youtube video in it and I don't see anything about permission or credit - ---

Not Cool, Guys, even if it's "just a joke"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Darnold will be OK once he gets a real HC.  Why in earth would you let your young QB be miked against the Pats?

Darnold played well in the game before playing the Pats.  He was bad against the Pats.  Sounds like a young QB having ups and downs, with the downs against a really good D.  

I have to say that Darnold on his good days is better than I've ever seen Allen on his good days. Both of them have really good talent and I can't predict which of them has a higher eventual ceiling.  Allen is on a much better team and will probably do better than Darnold right now because of that.  

Seems like a fair complaint. I'm sure a lot of scheiss gets said on the sideline that never makes it to the public . From what I read the NFL is supposed to  approve what gets aired. Not sure if that's true or what happened.

But if it's gonna happen to anyone, why not the Jets?