Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

The only way he does this is if they win the SB this year.  That way he smashes our 4 in a row record (but with wins) and feels he cements himself as best all time.  Then, and only then, does he move on.  

It would have to be a team that is good now (not the phins) and ready to win. wants to win another SB before he retires.  Kinda feel he is chasing the ghost of Montana who took the chiefs to the playoffs both years there, and lost the AFC championship game to us in 93.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

My vote None of the above 

the hypothetical ... whered does Tom goes next! 

NE isn't next.  

The question is, "where does he play next year".

He's going to play in New England. He's not leaving his Daddy, Robert Kraft.

Edit: I guess the actual question at the top of the poll is different from the title of the thread.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:48 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Kick the tires? 

I just want us to BEAT his A _ S just once before he leaves New England , and I don’t give a £¥#& where he goes he can go to hell for all I care , 

GO BILLS!!!

6 hours ago, MJS said:

That's not true. Brady gets the ball out super fast or he throws it away. He doesn't take hits.

And the Patriots have not always had a to defense. There have been years where they have been quite porous.

that's not true. sure the years they had the crazy offense with moss the defense got neglected and guess what...they didnt win. outside of that look it up. great defenses.  he's the greatest game manager the game has seen. belichick is the greatest football mind to ever live.  he would do it with anyone. 

I think he either sticks w/ Patriots or retires.  However to play the game on this thread if there was a team on the list that he could put over the top my pick would be the Bears.  They have a monster D and really are just missing a QB.  If he could win a SB with a team like that then the nameplate in Canton would just say GOAT rather than Brady

10 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does he have a contract after this season ends?  From what I'm reading that'd rather debatable,  likely would become a FA unless he agrees to extend in NE.

Or Elway offers the most money.

One thing is stopping Tom Brady by many from being considered the GOAT. B B

One thing is stopping B B from being considered the GOAT. Tom Brady

I'm just saying...

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

My vote None of the above 

the hypothetical ... whered does Tom goes next! 

NE isn't next.  

Considering the thread asks where will he play next year, then a switch is made to where does he "goes", golfing should have been an option.

It's either NE or retirement.

Misleading.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw a similar headline on ESPN  

Brady taking uncertain future one day at a time

I don't know what the future holds, and the great part is, for me, football at this point is all borrowed time.

whats the saying when players look ahead to retirement?  

please please please let him retire 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Piggy backing off of YOLO's thread about Tom playing else where . Where do you think he will go if he leaves the Patriots??

Im going with Jacksonville because they have a good defense and some offense weapons and dont think Coughlin is sold on Minshew as a permanent starter and would love a proven winner.

Their defense is average, old and just traded away their best player.  I think Jax is the least likely of all the teams.

I'm going to guess Denver.  What if Elway pulls off Brady and Manning?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Figster said:

I'm just saying...

I agree no one knows, fans, coaches, players, everyone, has all been BB or Brady.  Leaving would end that speculation, but can't see him going to a place that doesn't give him a high shot at winning right away.  Actually one article I read suggested Buffalo as a landing spot for that reason, could win right away and best chance to stick it to BB.  Really doubt that would ever happen though.

The one thing I'd be very surprised to see him do is go someplace because they offered the most money, I think he more cares about winning. 

If he needs more money he can always just ask Giesle to increase his allowance.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Figster said:

I'm just saying...

Who is their right mind is not calling both of those guys the GOAT?

THEY'VE WON 6 SUPER BOWLS! In 20 years. That's one every ~3 years. They have won the division all but twice since Brady was a starter. One year he was hurt and they won 11 games with Matt Cassel. Their level of dominance is incredible. Not just over the Bills, but the league.

23 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Who is their right mind is not calling both of those guys the GOAT?

THEY'VE WON 6 SUPER BOWLS! In 20 years. That's one every ~3 years. They have won the division all but twice since Brady was a starter. One year he was hurt and they won 11 games with Matt Cassel. Their level of dominance is incredible. Not just over the Bills, but the league.

Myself personally, I already consider Brady the GOAT.

B B on the other hand I want to see without Brady...

On 10/22/2019 at 10:00 AM, Nester said:

This is BS, not a chance he wants to retire as a loser.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:03 AM, wagon127 said:

When will he retire for good?

I don't think Brady will play for another team.

He dominates all the QB Playoff/Super Bowl records along with most Career Wins by a QB.

His ego would want him to own Career TDs and Career Passing Yards before he retires too.

The only QB who stands in his way for those 2 is Drew Brees.

I think as long as Brees keeps playing TB keeps playing.

13 minutes ago, Figster said:

BB Pats went 10-6 with Matt Castle. 

His defense shut down the Bills in XXV. 

He's the best coach ever bar none. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Tom Brady admits he's unsure of future as theory arises about his possible Patriots departure

Brady, 42, acknowledged in a radio interview Wednesday that he doesn’t know what the future holds. He said there will be a time when he will come to a point where he has had “enough,” but those decisions will be coming at the “appropriate times.”

“That is the great part for me, I don’t know,” Brady told WEEI's "The Greg Hill Show." “I think that has been a unique situation that I have been in because I think when you commit to a team for a certain amount of years you kind of feel like [there is] the responsibility to always fulfill the contract."

He added: “For me, it’s been good because I am just taking it day-by-day and I am enjoying what I have. I don’t know what the future holds and the great part is for me, football at this point is all borrowed time.”

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-unsure-future-patriots-departure

4 hours ago, Figster said:

tom is a great qb on a good team.  

there are others who can achieve more on the field with less. 

because they have had less they are pushed to the side and overlooked. 

winning 1 2 or 6 SB isn’t the only criteria of greatness 

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

tom is a great qb on a good team.  

there are others who can achieve more on the field with less. 

because they have had less they are pushed to the side and overlooked. 

winning 1 2 or 6 SB isn’t the only criteria of greatness 

There's great and then there's GOAT. 

My criteria for GOAT at signal caller requires a QB that is an intrical part of winning championships. 

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

They must be stopped this season

They probably will be.  For starters, that’s an old team.  Oldest in the league.  Old men get tired as seasons wear on.

And the QB is really old.  And taking hits with a weaker line.

The easy part of their schedule is over.  They have a real gauntlet coming up.  Let’s see how they look after that.

It wouldn’t surprise me if our teams had the same record when we meet again at Gillette, or if the Bills win that game.  

Brady won’t retire until he wins his 7th super bowl. He and Belicheat are arrogant. They want or be able to say that they single handedly left the game winning more super bowls than any other total franchise had even won in any entire franchise history. That requires 7.  So if the Pats won it this year, I believe he will retire. I fully believe that is why they went for Brown and why there is still talk about Gronk.  

17 hours ago, Figster said:

I'm just saying...

the problem with the Broncos is they are a bad team and only see him going to a good team that needs a QB

• Like (+1) 1