Miami Houston trade Tunsil & Stills for at least 2-1sts, 1-2nd & more

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ok. I think the numbers and results speak for themselves. Eichel doesn't even play the same sport as McDavid.

Had I seen this second post before I responded to the first, I wouldn’t have responded in such a fashion. 

I have a better understanding now. I get it. 

It’s time for you to feed the rabbits. 

Apologies.

This trade was a complete cover to get rid of Stills, no doubt because he told the truth a couple of weeks ago. Stephen Ross is a big racist fraud who should be exposed like Sterling of Clippers ownership fame.

After the CBA expires, this won't go unnoticed. It may get very ugly...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This trade was a complete cover to get rid of Stills, no doubt because he told the truth a couple of weeks ago. Stephen Ross is a big racist fraud who should be exposed like Sterling of Clippers ownership fame.

That still doesn't explain the stupidity of the trade from the Texans' standpoint.  Clowney for just a 3rd but Tunsil and Still for 2-1sts and a 2nd, plus 2 players?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Please tell me you’re basing this assertion off more than the Trump fundraiser....  

12 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Right. 

Lol, Fitzpatrick is going to get injured and lose his job to the backup.  How ironic.  

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

O'Brien is an idiot.  The owner will wish he got rid of him and kept Gaine in a couple more years.

O'Brien is the anti-Beane.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Was this Plan B?  If they got Clowney, were they not tanking from that point on.  But, since they didn't get him, burn it all down?

Seems like a weird person to make that decision based off of.

More importantly, it proves that Clowney was the one who stopped the trade and make the Texans take the crap Seahawks deal.  Now that we now Tunsil was on the table, that's the only remaining thought to be had

This is a great deal for Miami.

I am glad to see a big deal like this go through in the NFL.  For many years these guys were deathly afraid of doing deals like this.  Maybe that is changing again.  I hope so.

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I wonder where Rosen will be next year? ?

Patriots??? Oakland? Top 2 I'd guess. If not NYG backup when Eli is gone? Denver? Tampa Bay? 49ers if Jimmy G goes down again?

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Please don't say Stills, it rhymes with Sills:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is exactly what I said upthread.  And Gaine loses his job too.

The failure to land Dillard cost Gaine his job and I said that the moment he was fired. What the Texans have done since gives them a better shot in 2019 (though they will miss Clowney) but long term it leaves them in a hole. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The failure to land Dillard cost Gaine his job and I said that the moment he was fired. What the Texans have done since gives them a better shot in 2019 (though they will miss Clowney) but long term it leaves them in a hole. 

Plus their coach/acting GM is a moron.

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is a great deal for Miami.

I am glad to see a big deal like this go through in the NFL.  For many years these guys were deathly afraid of doing deals like this.  Maybe that is changing again.  I hope so.

There is a reason why deals like this rarely happen: because they're stupid (for the Texans).

• Like (+1) 1

Kind of glad Miami has all this draft capital for 2020 as taking Tua I think is a gamble.  I think the solid choice is 2021 with Lawrence.  If I were Miami, I'd try and trade one of the extra 2020 1st rounders to another team for their 2021 1st.  That would give them 3 1st rounders in 2021??   

That is a risk though as that means their coaching staff would be playing into their 3rd season before Lawrence ever takes the field.   Assuming it takes him at least one season to become very good, would this staff ever be their to see it happen?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234601137.html

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, I did not see it. But if so, mods feel free to merge. Miami is stocking up on 2021 draft picks - is Lawrence in their cross-hairs?

Either way, it is going to be a rough ride for anyone behind center down there this year.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234601137.html

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, I did not see it. But if so, mods feel free to merge. Miami is stocking up on 2021 draft picks - is Lawrence in their cross-hairs?

Either way, it is going to be a rough ride for anyone behind center down there this year.

If I were them, I'd trade one of their 2020 1st rounders for a 3rd 2021 to make sure they could move up all the way to #1 if needed.  Think Lawrence is a much more sure thing that Tua.  Assuming Allen improves could bring back memories of the Kelly Marino days

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If I were them, I'd trade one of their 2020 1st rounders for a 3rd 2021 to make sure they could move up all the way to #1 if needed.  Think Lawrence is a much more sure thing that Tua.  Assuming Allen improves could bring back memories of the Kelly Marino days

That would make you the worst GM in NFL history.  They can simply wait until the 2020 draft is near and they could trade those picks for 2021 1sts +.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he is a control freak and not a good enough coach to deserve that control. Isn't he mates with St Doug? 

I have always thought they are virtual twins when it comes to their coaching and management style.  Neither will ever consistently rise above mediocre.  

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think that EVERY season. 

And then? 

Reality sets in.

I’d settle for a split.  ?

29 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Miami raped the Texans. I don't know who's running the personnel show in Houston, but whoever he or she is just made Christmas this year for the Dolphins on August 31st.

Yep.  If the use their picks wisely, they could set themselves up for a bright future.  No sure bet, of course.

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Good picks this year can probably be converted to better picks next year.

It is the Bills job to help make those picks better. Wish it was a trade to NFC.

20 hours ago, Foxx said:

O'Brien is nuts. he also traded with the Chiefs to acquire Carlos Hyde. do they have any draft picks left for 2020?

He is trying to ensure no GM or Head Coach wants to go to Texans next year.

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

well for starters, they way overpaid for rosen. He was getting cut. A 3rd should have been the absolute highest anyone paid, but acquiring him was not bad and it still isn't. They can still use this year to judge if he's any good. If he takes over for fitz at some point, they can see what they've got or they can do that next year with a rookie.

Rosen will not be very good behind a patchwork line. FItz will be better but there are games where he will need to be pulled and someone inserted.