Bills Training Camp Day 1 - 7/25

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Warcodered said:

Because they're both on the newsfeed today.

Ah I see that now, you’re right.  The player I was in didn’t show it that way, just had them all together.  I didn’t see the news feed, just used the link posted here that went straight to player. 

Whoever is running the videos for the Bills sucks.  This player is trash and they have no dates either yet have all the old stuff still on there.  An intern from a JC could do a better job at this.  

Someone tell them to hit me up, I’ll get their stuff straight in a jiffy lol  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

THE 1 real benefit from the YouTube channel is that I can easily watch the videos w/o firewall issues and buffering 

and I can directly imbed that video here w/o having to go to a different web page to do so  

Most of the videos they put on their site end up on YouTube eventually so every time I see one I end up wondering whether I really need to see it now or can I just wait and watch it there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Heard Murphy raving for a couple min about Nick Easley back of EZ catch where he jumped high to snag it from Barkley(?)--another under the radar WR with a potential shot to make some noise this year. 

Yes sir..expected to see lots of action in the exhibition games..I wasn't expecting to hear that.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So that was a bobble by Brown?

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sorry if already poster.Morse said Spain and Feliciano were next to him..Dawkins-Spain-Morse-Feliciano-Ford. He feels comfortable with the group...

I thought Long would be the RG. 

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yes sir..expected to see lots of action in the exhibition games..I wasn't expecting to hear that.

Tasker's comment that a lot of the 3rd string WR's will suddenly get starting roles in preseason games where they are expected to flawlessly run plays they've possibly never run in practice (just watching the 1st string run them, for example) was somewhat sobering to consider, on their behalf. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Those are LAST year camp highlights, second clip is of Corey Coleman and next is Andre Holmes 

You're right on the 2nd clip, but Man!  Buffalobills had that as the lead on their web sight, so if Allen to Jones is last year that Ain't Right of 'em!

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah I see that now, you’re right.  The player I was in didn’t show it that way, just had them all together.  I didn’t see the news feed, just used the link posted here that went straight to player. 

Whoever is running the videos for the Bills sucks.  This player is trash and they have no dates either yet have all the old stuff still on there.  An intern from a JC could do a better job at this.  

If you've got a better link, hit me in PM and I'll edit

...of training camp. The point is to limit future pass interference calls by taking away players' ability to grab opponents. White said it was "difficult to do, but something that will help us in the long run."

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7-on-7 also allows for more specified coaching. You can stop the whole group and talk about a coverage failure without wasting OL time. 

Also, less bodies on the field reducing chance of injury. The idea, I think, is that any given football play is a combination of parts- if you perfect the parts separately then put them together and round off the rough edges, it’s more effecient. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

...of training camp. The point is to limit future pass interference calls by taking away players' ability to grab opponents. White said it was "difficult to do, but something that will help us in the long run."

Chris Brown said Brown separated from White the entire time they went one on one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Chris Brown said Brown separated from White the entire time they went one on one.

I wanted Brown last year. Super excited to have him this year. I really like him and I think he can be a decent #1 receiver.

He was doing awesome last season until Flacco went down. Then their whole offense changed and he got no more opportunities.

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bunch of camp highlight videos up on BuffaloBills.com

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/camp-highlight-allen-to-jones

I like the camera angle in those 2 highlight videos posted so far (Allen to Jones, poyer breakup). It made it easy to see Allen going through his reads. Looked like he got to (at least) his 2nd read on both plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seriously with as ***** as their player is they should use their YouTube channel for this.

Why would the team use YouTube, when it probably gets more revenue from hits to its own website than views on YouTube. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting idea. Especially with how flag happy some refs are with the holding calls. 

And also, I have to say that I already like this Marcel guy better than Rodak! lol 

• Like (+1) 1

The Allen to Jones clip is definitely this year. You see John Brown #15 out there. 

“Everything feels right so far,” Dawkins said. “It feels scary with how right everything feels. It’s only day one, but it feels like week three of camp. Guys are flying around. Guys are talking. Guys know exactly what they’re doing. It feels like everybody knows their role.”

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-3-things-to-know-about-day-1-of-bills-training-camp

Bobby Johnson is a great coach. He teaches, he demonstrates, he makes the players pay attention, even laugh. OT Garrett McGhin is giving it his all in the blocking, and he deserves a shot, even at the Practice Squad. Dion Dawkins is impressing, as is Ty Nsekhe. Ducasse has run blocking all over Conor McDermott.

http://billsmafia.com/2019/07/25/astronotes-bills-practice-1/

Very encouraging information about the O-line. The team will only go as far as the O-line and Allen can take them. Hopefully the added talent and new coaching will produce serious dividends. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Maddy is asleep!!

48 minutes ago, Bakin said:

what's the purpose of practicing 7 on 7?

serious question.

The ability to run more pass plays per minute.  Defense hqve more looks and pass defense opportunities.  No sacks, no tipped or batted balls. With out waiting for the line to line up set protection makes the plays run faster.  A way to simulate how a play, a read works in rythem vs coverage.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The team did start a Youtube channel (presumably because they thought it made sense to them)

That's true, but I bet it is more for full length features like Embedded because that can really bog down a website. 

Edited by Watkins90

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're right on the 2nd clip, but Man!  Buffalobills had that as the lead on their web sight, so if Allen to Jones is last year that Ain't Right of 'em!

If you've got a better link, hit me in PM and I'll edit

Wasn't your fault, you just linked straight to the videos.  The site has no dates on them and most videos are form last year.  Not much you could have done different.  Bills need to up their website game

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maddy is asleep!!

It sounded like she got one question in for Edmunds,judging by his facial expression..

It wasn't a good one.

One knock on SJF...they need a better set up for interviews..I heard kids playing in the background..making it very difficult to here the media.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I wanted Brown last year. Super excited to have him this year. I really like him and I think he can be a decent #1 receiver.

He was doing awesome last season until Flacco went down. Then their whole offense changed and he got no more opportunities.

To me Brown is like a young Peerless Price (and I dont mean this in a negative way)

If someone steps up opposite of him (like Foster) Brown could end up having a monster year

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Turn on WGR

It’s Day 1 of TC and here we have Schopp going on and on about Tyrod “he had the best interception % in nfl history!”

seriously? Tyrod? It’s 2019 bro

Sad. Did he also make any mention of the fact that Tyrod couldn't regain his starting gig over a rook in Cleveland?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Turn on WGR

It’s Day 1 of TC and here we have Schopp going on and on about Tyrod “he had the best interception % in nfl history!”

Had to change my radio.com app to the Rochester station.  Not much better, but Schopp is just being stupid.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sounds like a good day for the offense.  The Oline and running game will really be tested when pads come on.  Dawkins Spain, Morse, Feliciano Ford is a Mauling group.  Curious to hear how they do when the dline is full go and the intensity is 100.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Turn on WGR

I had to turn off WGR when Schopp started with his Josh will never make it BS.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1