Bills Training Camp Day 1 - 7/25

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Becoming a Bobby Johnson fan REALLY quickly....that sweatshirt ends a message to any OL that need to shed some pounds to get into game shape and make this OL work the way it is supposed to......if he is out there sweating his ass off with them they better be ready to work.....sends a silent message

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Seems Allen had a very good first day of Camp. Just keep getting better every day and he will excel this season. 

I expect hills and valleys.......hoping for more hills

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Also just in case anyone cares. Fitz first on the field at Dolphins camp. 

Please don't remind me. The last two times this guy has played us, in 2016, he torched us. I do not look forward to the Miami games this year against a motivated Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by from_dunkirk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Turn on WGR

It’s Day 1 of TC and here we have Schopp going on and on about Tyrod “he had the best interception % in nfl history!”

seriously? Tyrod? It’s 2019 bro

Interesting, I thought They hated Tyrod... well except for when they really really hated Casell and EJ. 

Consistency must be a liability in that profession  

38 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Please don't remind me. The last two times this guy has played us, in 2016, he torched us. I do not look forward to the Miami games this year against a motivated Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That was Then, This is Now.

I mean, seriously.....we let them hang on to the ball for almost 40 minutes.  Yes, Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick went well together, but when your own team's offense only gets 16 first downs while giving up 28....it's pretty clear that the motivation level of the opposing QB may not be the deciding factor.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You might consider talking to your strength and conditioning folks Bobby, sweating like a pig in a sweatshirt just makes you lose water, you wil gain it al back once you re-hydrate.  Might want to step back from the dessert table once in a while.

I think he was being a smart azz

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting 

Interesting, I thought They hated Tyrod... well except for when they really really hated Casell and EJ. 

No, Schopp was an advocate of keeping Tyrod last year.  He always indicated he thought Tyrod was undervalued and the Bills should not have expended so many resources in getting a QB last year.  In other words, delusional. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting 

I don’t often complain about stuff but today was really irritating. He was extra miserable - didn’t want to talk about TC at all - and after droning on with some guest from Bahhhston about how running the ball is for the dark ages and the Bills need to throw it all over the place (KC is cold too, he says!) then he reversed course and drones on that protecting the football is the most important thing, hence Tyrod. Seriously wtf he’s a straight up moron. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t often complain about stuff but today was really irritating. He was extra miserable - didn’t want to talk about TC at all - and after droning on with some guest from Bahhhston about how running the ball is for the dark ages and the Bills need to throw it all over the place (KC is cold too, he says!) then he reversed course and drones on that protecting the football is the most important thing, hence Tyrod. Seriously wtf he’s a straight up moron. 

One other point he made was about how much should be held against Allen based on what the bills spent to move up and get him.  Basically asking if fans take it into consideration on whether it's Allen's fault or the Bills fault if he fails (or on how he is evaluated I believe was the actual question).  So pretty much those were his only scenarios that he drew up, who's to blame if he doesn't work out since Allen's failure is all but guaranteed in Schoops mind apparently.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

One other point he made was about how much should be held against Allen based on what the bills spent to move up and get him.  Basically asking if fans take it into consideration on whether it's Allen's fault or the Bills fault if he fails.  So pretty much those were his only scenarios that he drew up, who's to blame if he doesn't work out since Allen's failure is all but guaranteed in Schoops mind apparently.

I must have turned him off before that diatribe. He’s absolutely brutal with his “takes”

Others have mentioned it but I really like the Locked on Bills podcast with Joe Marino. Now that guy knows his football and knows the Bills.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn't hear today's show, i imagine he's probably mad because he has to talk about something other than Risto trades and bottom 6 forwards.

I know they're a local team, but the Sabres suck and I'm tired of hearing about them. Give it a rest for a couple months.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I must have turned him off before that diatribe. He’s absolutely brutal with his “takes”

I think it was earlier in the show (first 10-15 minutes).  He commented on the presser from mcbeane about the few things they were working on building since they got here.  Something was about Allen and the wording they used when talking about getting "what they hope" is the future at qb (or something along those lines). 

Basically saying they were smart not to act like/say everything is going to get better now because Allen is the starter. Then not to far off from that comment he said Allen should have been named the starter last year at the beginning of the season for some reason so Yea, he might have some sort of short term amnesia. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I didn't hear today's show, i imagine he's probably mad because he has to talk about something other than Risto trades and bottom 6 forwards.

I know they're a local team, but the Sabres suck and I'm tired of hearing about them. Give it a rest for a couple months.

I’m a Sabres fan but ... it’s football starting up ... and they had the Instigators on at 10... right in the middle of the first BillsTC practice ...  why so we could hear about Evan Rodriguez arbitration?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m a Sabres fan but ... it’s football starting up ... and they had the Instigators on at 10... right in the middle of the first BillsTC practice ...  why so we could hear about Evan Rodriguez arbitration?

WGR obviously has their finger on the pulse of what their listeners really want to hear about.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I get the Sabres talk, if they do something then fine. But I don't need to hear about that team from July 14 or so until mid september. Get out of here with that crap.

He doesn't want to talk training camp, i don't want to hear about his million fantasy drafts starting in February. The guy thinks he personally is way more interesting than he is.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I get the Sabres talk, if they do something then fine. But I don't need to hear about that team from July 14 or so until mid september. Get out of here with that crap.

He doesn't want to talk training camp, i don't want to hear about his million fantasy drafts starting in February. The guy thinks he personally is way more interesting than he is.

“Schopps and Dreams” ?

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The guy has a job that a bajillion people would do for free because they love sports and they’d give it their all. 

In his case I get the feeling he hates going to work because it forces him to keep up with sports.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ACCURACY ISSUES??? I’m so done with this team!!

but seriously do I want to read this??? And what is my blood pressure doing

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The guy has a job that a bajillion people would do for free because they love sports and they’d give it their all. 

In his case I get the feeling he hates going to work because it forces him to keep up with sports.

ACCURACY ISSUES??? I’m so done with this team!!

but seriously do I want to read this??? And what is my blood pressure doing

The accuracy comment stems from one play to Beasley that Parrino tweeted about, and if you manage to find it earlier in this giant thread, it turns out that it may not have been an accurate tweet meaning the throw wasn’t the issue. Otherwise it’s a good read. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

One other point he made was about how much should be held against Allen based on what the bills spent to move up and get him.  Basically asking if fans take it into consideration on whether it's Allen's fault or the Bills fault if he fails (or on how he is evaluated I believe was the actual question).  So pretty much those were his only scenarios that he drew up, who's to blame if he doesn't work out since Allen's failure is all but guaranteed in Schoops mind apparently.

This is just so sad....

The kid is was a very raw prospect and is already showing some very nice things at QB....and not just the running ability the kid has the arm to put it anywhere....is more accurate then he gets credit for......shows strong leadership skills........and obvioulsy has a strong work ethic

Now.....I get it....work ethic in itself means little.......but if you put

Work Ethic

Physical Ability

People around him that makes his strenghts even more evident while working on the weaknesses

That is how you DEVELOP a quarterback for cryin out loud

I think Josh Allen has a very good chance to be a successful QB in this league

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is just so sad....

The kid is was a very raw prospect and is already showing some very nice things at QB....and not just the running ability the kid has the arm to put it anywhere....is more accurate then he gets credit for......shows strong leadership skills........and obvioulsy has a strong work ethic

Now.....I get it....work ethic in itself means little.......but if you put

Work Ethic

Physical Ability

People around him that makes his strenghts even more evident while working on the weaknesses

That is how you DEVELOP a quarterback for cryin out loud

I think Josh Allen has a very good chance to be a successful QB in this league

Yes it is! I’m sad for all of you living in WNY. On the ever rarer occasion I get back to B’lo, I’m disgusted with what local radio provides y’all with -especially sports. It borders on criminal intent of the station ownership. You/WE deserve so much better! Thank God For SiriusXM. If you haven’t already, I encourage you all to subscribe. Leave WGR for live game broadcasts, then get the Hell out!

19 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

McD really just Low key said McCoy job could be in jeopardy. 

Paraphrase: we look at everything from last year on why his numbers were low. Drove decisions hence adding OL and Competition at RB. 

Also just in case anyone cares. Fitz first on the field at Dolphins camp. 

Thats Allen and Jackson, cover1.

34 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes it is! I’m sad for all of you living in WNY. On the ever rarer occasion I get back to B’lo, I’m disgusted with what local radio provides y’all with -especially sports. It borders on criminal intent of the station ownership. You/WE deserve so much better! Thank God For SiriusXM. If you haven’t already, I encourage you all to subscribe. Leave WGR for live game broadcasts, then get the Hell out!

I second this. I often listen to the night shift guys on 97.5 here in Philadelphia, so their third stringers....and they're better than the drive time guys on WGR.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I hope they aren't regretting taking Oliver.

Coulda taken a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So....just to point this out.  THis should not be happening this early the defense is supposed to be ahead of the offense early.

Amazing what having a legit QB and OL can do for you

but it's 7 on 7...that's like playing in the back yard

• Like (+1) 1