Bills showing interest in Punter, Marquette King

junior

For what it's worth, Madden 19 says King's Kick Power (KPW) is 97 and his Kick Accuracy (KAC) is 91. Darr is 91/79. Bojorquez is 94/77. Our punters are 2 of the worst in the NFL. I know it's not QB, but we definitely need an upgrade. What is meant by "flambouyant" anyways? Do we really care when he's such a huge upgrade?

Edited by GreggTX
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

For what it's worth, Madden 19 says King's Kick Power (KPW) is 97 and his Kick Accuracy (KAC) is 91. Darr is 91/79. Bojorquez is 94/77. Our punters are 2 of the worst in the NFL. I know it's not QB, but we definitely need an upgrade. What is meant by "flambouyant" anyways? Do we really care when he's such a huge upgrade?

GreggTX, my good friend, obviously we don’t want this type of distraction from the punting position. Obviously.

• Haha (+1) 1

This doesn’t matter. Did you see the OL and WR crowd we added? I doubt we’ll punt all year.  ?

I’ll come handle it out of the stands.....as long as there’s no breathalyzer test. But I want travel and tix for road games!  

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The Bills should draft Mitch Wishnowsky in the 7th round or add him as a UDFA. He would beat out Bojorquez and Carter, methinks. Boomer of a leg.

My only problem with Wishnowsky is he is already 27 years old. It's not a big deal, but it means something. I actually like Jack Fox a lot. He was really impressive in ten East-West game and he was probably the best player on his team. But you make a good point, with 10 draft picks it would make some sense to draft one this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

GreggTX, my good friend, obviously we don’t want this type of distraction from the punting position. Obviously.

Yeah. The Bills need to steer clear of anyone who has fun playing football. 

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

This doesn’t matter. Did you see the OL and WR crowd we added? I doubt we’ll punt all year.  ?

I’ll come handle it out of the stands.....as long as there’s no breathalyzer test. But I want travel and tix for road games!  

You couldn’t be any worse than Darr. I’ve never seen less distance and hang time out of a pro punter in my life. 

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My only problem with Wishnowsky is he is already 27 years old. It's not a big deal, but it means something. I actually like Jack Fox a lot. He was really impressive in ten East-West game and he was probably the best player on his team. But you make a good point, with 10 draft picks it would make some sense to draft one this year. 

Personally, I wouldn’t stress much about the age of a punter. Punters have had long careers long before the days of other positions playing well into their 30’s. 

Edited by SirAndrew

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Also, Darr is the worst punter I’ve ever seen at the pro level. I didn’t realize how awful he truly was until I attended a late season game. It was truly shocking to see how terrible he was in person. 

Darr wasn't too good, but Schmidt was much worse last year.

King kinda sucked... http://proxy.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player?stat=punting&sort=puntsInside20&year=2017

Decent net avg in 2017, but stats indicating placement are poor. Even worse 2018, but he got injured

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Darr wasn't too good, but Schmidt was much worse last year.

I don’t know if I’d say that Schmidt was much worse. They were equally bad according to the stats. Schmidt had 16 punts for an average of 42.8, a net or 33.8, and 4 kicks inside the twenty. Darr punted 20 times for an average of 40.5, a net of 36.3, and 5 kicks inside the twenty. Darr left the worst impression on me because he was the only guy I saw in live action last season. In person his kicks looked like something you’d see at the high school level. Regardless, I’m sure we are definitely in agreement that the position needs to be upgraded. 

• Like (+1) 2

Colton Schmidt has FAR too many shanks. So many that it's not even a surprise when he BANGS a 20 yarder. He cannot be the answer. I don't care if it's Carter, Bojorquez, Wishnowsky, or Joe Blow. I'm in the ABC camp(anyone but Colton.)

2 hours ago, eball said:

Can someone please put together a memorial video so we can remember the “Bills alleged interest in Marquette King” era?

Im curious if this thread is longer than the AB thread

44 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I hear ya. On the other hand, he's a punter. It's not unreasonable to think that he'll be good for a decade. A decade of quality punting is worth a 7th, in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 2

We should try to talk Shane Lechler out of retirement.  He'd be the best FA out there, by far.

2 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Sir Andrew, my good man, fight on!

Let’s not forget the time this BOJO character went off script with a stealth fake FG attempt 

Or the time he muffed a waist-high snap that hit him in both hands.  CHOKER!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We should try to talk Shane Lechler out of retirement.  He'd be the best FA out there, by far.

Or the time he muffed a waist-high snap that hit him in both hands.  CHOKER!

If you let one of those Reid Ferguson roaring rockets slip through your hands, you’re taking one clean off the old jiblets. BOJO might be feeling that one for a while... FACT!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just didn't seem like a process guy in all honesty. If he was one of the top punters in the league and the Bills just didn't have any other options I think they could entertain it. But he hasn't been that good the past couple of seasons. Hopefully via the draft they can draft a punter in round 7 and hit on a good one or scour the vet market as guys get cut in camp. Punters much like Kickers are harder to find than they seem. Vets go from top 5 in the game to cut in the matter of a season or two. 

Edited by billsfan89

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Just didn't seem like a process guy in all honesty. If he was one of the top punters in the league and the Bills just didn't have any other options I think they could entertain it. But he hasn't been that good the past couple of seasons. Hopefully via the draft they can draft a punter in round 7 and hit on a good one or scour the vet market as guys get cut in camp. Punters much like Kickers are harder to find than they seem. Vets go from top 5 in the game to cut in the matter of a season or two. 

If he was a top punter I'd agree with bringing him in.  But he is no better than the other 2 guys we already have rostered, he's 30, and he would cost more than carter/bojorquez combined.

13 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

The Bills better sign somebody before the draft, lest they find themselves backed into a corner & forced to go BPA (Best Punter Available).

Draftee:  “But I’m a cornerback!!!”

McDermott:  (clapping). “Just kick the ball, son”.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Not happening there was a article on profootballtalk said the Bills have no interest in him i guess he was to much of a diva in oakland for Beane & McD to put up with here !!