Bills showing interest in Punter, Marquette King

junior

It’s only a matter of time before half the board has a meltdown over King being “too flamboyant” to sign. Admittedly, some of his antics are somewhat humorous to see from a punter, but he is the type of veteran we could use at that position. The stage seems a little too big for Boroquez. At least you know King is confident, and not as likely to fold under pressure. Also, Darr is the worst punter I’ve ever seen at the pro level. I didn’t realize how awful he truly was until I attended a late season game. It was truly shocking to see how terrible he was in person. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, SirAndrew said:

It’s only a matter of time before half the board has a meltdown over King being “too flamboyant” to sign. Admittedly, some of his antics are somewhat humorous to see from a punter, but he is the type of veteran we could use at that position. The stage seems a little too big for Boroquez. At least you know King is confident, and not as likely to fold under pressure. 

I like a little attitude from a punter. He’s competitive. Was he any good in Denver? I didn’t pay attention 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like a little attitude from a punter. He’s competitive. Was he any good in Denver? I didn’t pay attention 

He wasn’t as good as he was during his time in Oakland imo, but he also only played in four games before being placed on IR. He was eventually cut while on IR. 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Only time I ever saw him punt live I was extremely disappointed 

he didn’t cut it well through our wind

Was that the game in 2017 where the Bills defense took over? I remember a Matt Milano pick 6 maybe? Wind/rain?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only time I ever saw him punt live I was extremely disappointed 

he didn’t cut it well through our wind

If you’re referring to the Oakland game last season, I agree. I think he could improve with more reps at New Era Field. It may have been a matter of not knowing how to properly deal with the wind patterns of that stadium. I still think he’s better than Darr and Bojangles. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

If you’re referring to the Oakland game last season, I agree. I think he could improve with more reps at New Era Field. It may have been a matter of not knowing how to properly deal with the wind patterns of that stadium. I still think he’s better than Darr and Bojangles. 

He absolutely is better than them both.

it all comes down to Benjamin’s... King probably wants to get paid

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He absolutely is better than them both.

it all comes down to Benjamin’s... King probably wants to get paid

Good point, the real question will be how much he wants.  I’m thinking he might not have as much leverage as he’d prefer considering he was injured much of last season. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am intrigued by the kid who got injured in camp. Bojo is a guy with a huge leg but not much else. They need to keep looking at the position.

Yeah, punting is just too much of an adventure with Bojo. It always felt like something bad was about to happen when Bojo was on the field. His big leg is definitely all he has going for him. Unfortunately, last season he was like a home run hitter who wasn’t hitting home runs. More often than not he drops the snap, shanks the punt, but rarely did we see a long punt that showcased his big leg. If he can’t do that, he doesn’t have anything going for him. 

56 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, punting is just too much of an adventure with Bojo. It always felt like something bad was about to happen when Bojo was on the field. His big leg is definitely all he has going for him. Unfortunately, last season he was like a home run hitter who wasn’t hitting home runs. More often than not he drops the snap, shanks the punt, but rarely did we see a long punt that showcased his big leg. If he can’t do that, he doesn’t have anything going for him. 

Sir Andrew, my good man, fight on!

Let’s not forget the time this BOJO character went off script with a stealth fake FG attempt 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1