Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Cleveland Browns to hire Freddie Kitchens as HC

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The Dirk Koetter special. Afraid your OC who seemed to be doing well with your rookie QB would leave, so you promote him to be your new HC. Obviously they'll hope this works out better than it did in Tampa.

From what Cowherd is saying Kitchens has never been a HC at any level, even high school. I hope it works out for the Browns they have some likeable players. 

Little surprised by this.  Figured if they stayed in house Gregg would keep the gig after he made a pretty good difference with that team.  Although Gregg is an easy guy to dislike, so maybe they didn’t want him leading a team with their young QB

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm dead serious, this is a nice move by Cleveland.

After reading what he has been able to do recently this is obviously not the sexy choice, but probably better overall for development and team continuity.

Most Browns fans i know wanted him

I am surprised though. I really thought Joey Bathrooms had the inside track for this job.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Very meh hire.  It is basically keeping Mularkey for Mariota or Dirk for Winston.  But if Baker stays away from being a full d bag, he may be better than those 2 so it could work out.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

To make it seem more official:

To me this seems very harsh.

The guy inherits the greatest train wreck in NFL history, goes 4-3 (I think) and then gets sacked as both interim HC and DC?

If it were Buffalo, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The Dirk Koetter special. Afraid your OC who seemed to be doing well with your rookie QB would leave, so you promote him to be your new HC. Obviously they'll hope this works out better than it did in Tampa.

Making the right coordinator hires will be even more critical for him then (credit goes here to Captain Obvious who did a heckuva research job for this post), as a resource to assist getting up to speed. Look at the Falcons of late for an extreme example of this--both Koetter and Mularkey back in the fold there under Quinn. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

To make it seem more official:

The situation with Gregg is he wanted to stay as HC, or not come back. He likely asked to be cut loose as soon as he knew he wasn’t getting it so he could quickly pursue a DC job elsewhere. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up with Kingsbury, who could use his experience. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The situation with Gregg is he wanted to stay as HC, or not come back. He likely asked to be cut loose as soon as he knew he wasn’t getting it so he could quickly pursue a DC job elsewhere. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up with Kingsbury, who could use his experience. 

Kingsbury is looking to the Texas State HC to be his OC

No way could Gregg be part of the kitchens staff 

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The defensive guys continue to get shutout. Will they go 0/8?

Fangio to Denver & looks like Richard to Miami

Edited by Reed83HOF

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Perhaps Kitchens didn't want Gregg on his staff?

Kitchens was the RB coach during Hard Knocks. He was the one that started the mutiny vs Hue about guys not practicing hard enough. 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, Gregg probably shouldn’t have turned down every head job. He’s running out of options.

35 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Gregg Williams is a tool but somehow he is becoming more likeable, or is it just me?  He reminds me of the 1993 version of Roseanne, accept for football.  And he did do a cery nice job with Cleveland. 

It’s you.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PIZ said:

I think it’s a mix of both. I don’t think he dislikes Gregg but it would have been awkward with him being the HC and then back to DC. Kitchens probably has his own ideas about how to run the team. Also, Gregg’s D wasn’t that great. It was good at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

So what happens to Gregg Williams now, who did a pretty good job?

Chik-Fill-Uhs opening on every second corner.  He’ll get Sundays off to watch games.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s a mix of both. I don’t think he dislikes Gregg but it would have been awkward with him being the HC and then back to DC. Kitchens probably has his own ideas about how to run the team. Also, Gregg’s D wasn’t that great. It was good at times. 

I don’t how any human being can like Gregg Williams. I’ve never seen a more unlikable person ever on TV.  Maybe King Joffrey from Game of Thrones but it’s close.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Chik-Fill-Uhs opening on every second corner.  He’ll get Sundays off to watch games.

Now that you mention it, Chik-Fil-A is a pretty good gig.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think the exact words might have been “Don’t let him back in the building.”

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Tried to give you a hamburger like, but it looks like a beer will have to suffice.

• Haha (+1) 1

Interesting.. as someone stated , instantly reminded me of Dirk in TB as well. I think this goes very good or very bad, 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Every Baker needs a Kitchens.

and a

1988-0904-William-The-Refrigerator-Perry

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

A little surprised with this but I guess he and Baker really work well together. I was convinced McCarthy was going there. 

53 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Looks like he spends way too much time in way too many kitchens.

Is he from the Andy Reid coaching tree?