Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It seems the last 15 years have created a weird dynamic about the QB for Bills fans. And people seem to think having an above avg QB means playoffs every year which clearly is not the case in the NFL.   Fans didn’t seem to enjoy last year cause the QB wasn’t “franchise”.  Allen is far from a top QB. It’s possible he gets there.  

having an above average qb doesn't mean the playoffs every year, but without one the chances of going are next to none.  i think all of us as bills fans should realize this.  i like tyrod too, but anyone could see that an improvement was needed at the qb position, hence  josh allen.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

The Cards are last in the NFL in total rushing yards and YPC.  Larry Fitzgerald is 35.  The Cards have had a ton of injuries on their OL as well. Seems like your research wasn’t quite complete either.  I’m not getting into the Josh v. Josh thing right now because I haven’t watched Rosen and it’s pointless anyway.

Allen has impressed me with his athleticism and running ability as well as occasionally as a passer.  He’s been lacking as a pocket QB and passer too often though. He’s young and very raw so that’s not a surprise.  The potential certainly is there but he’s going to have to prove himself before I anoint him a FQB.  That’s going to take time (if it happens at all) so I’m not getting ahead of that process.  Also I’m not going to compare the two Joshs unless we’re talking about the Bills’ decision making.  Rosen really doesn’t matter at all where rating Allen is concerned except in that context.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/

I don't care what the Cards total rushing is or YPC, he clearly stated David Johnson couldn't run behind the ***** Cards OL, he's almost at 1,000 yards, 9 total TD behind that OL, now look at shady McCoy who has been in and out of lineup with injury but also pretty ineffective other than the Jets game when he is in, saying "you're not getting into the Josh vs Josh thing"then commenting on it makes no sense so you obviously have your opinion .

Allen is doing the same thing here that he did at Wyoming, he is putting the team on his back and making the most out of what he has to work with, he is making a guy like Robert Foster (Who was not even elite at the almighty Alabama program) look good, along with guys like Isiah Mckenzie (Isiah who?) and Ray Ray McLeoud. Yes he has plenty to go on his passing but when the entire offense had 11 dropped passes coming into the Detroit game and I recall at least 1 more drop in that game (Deonte Thompson) and working behind a pretty bad OL from ourselves, I just can't believe there is even a comparison from fans at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Since this string has so many QB draft confessions, figured I would add mine. I really did not favor Allen in the draft, in fact I was pretty pessimistic about all the 1st round QB's and could think of ways they could all fail miserably wearing a Bills uniform. Years of watching the Bills being mediocre at this position did not leave much hope in the tank.

Keep in mind, these were just my impressions of the projected 1st round QBs.

Mayfield - you had this cocky attitude and off field antics that I thought could be a sign he would go down the Johnny football route and would not play well with the Western NY crowd. A little less accurate on throws, but a baller and competitor. A bit shorter, but can hit all those short and intermediate routes, sees the field, and extends plays so perhaps that is why he reminded me a bit of a Brees/Flutie hybrid.

Rosen - I saw this laid-back California attitude in interviews that made one question his fire and passion for the game (not saying it was justified), but I did not see that playing well for our blue collar variety of football or fans, I thought he was sharp, threw a good ball, but I saw times when he held the ball too long and did not sense the pressure in the pocket which could lead to bad things/injuries.

Darnold - I thought he was probably the best of the bunch as for being NFL ready, feeling the rush and creating time in the pocket, hitting most of the throws you would ask him to, and threading passes into tight places.

Allen - I thought he would translate best in terms of locker room, attitude, and the Western NY market. I thought folks would not mind getting behind a kid who did not get offers from D1 schools - clawed his way up from JUCO - finally got a shot with tiny Wyoming to being drafted in the 1st round for the NFL. I never watched a single Wyoming game and going by the surface reports I felt it was a huge risk to take him because early reports from those that make a living evaluating college players had me thinking this guy was a cannon with a bent barrel. 

Jackson - Intriguing prospect, felt he was the best of the bunch as far as using his legs to extend plays. Did not think he had very good mechanics as far as standing in a pocket and delivering strikes, but from other clips I watched he seemed more than accurate enough and comfortable throwing on the move. I felt we could have some success with him behind center and that we would need a mobile QB because I was pretty sure our o-line was going to be pretty bad this year.

Rudolph and the other guys whose names I really did not note, I figured would go later so I did not focus on them at all.

The gist of this is that I am not trying to justify some pre-draft idea that I supported or hated Allen, he was an unknown commodity with plenty of documented risks. Now he is a Buffalo Bill and I will root for him to succeed because he has shown me flashes that he could be the QB this team has been looking for, when given time he has been surprisingly accurate, seems to be coachable as anyone watching his games week by week can see (if they are open to seeing progress), displays incredible leadership from the position that I would not expect from a rookie, is passionate about football - his team - and winning, and as long as I see him leaving it all on the field and progressing he's the right QB for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

said...but in other news while we're on the topic of letting negative things go, when is your current avatar title going to die a natural (or unnatural for that matter) death?

I've been trying to come up with something all day.. any suggestions? Cogs might stay my Avatar pick to maintain the PT5P brand. I'm thinking some variant of PT5P. BarkleyIsARealBackupPT5P

BarkleyDoesn'tThrowPicks eh? Eh?

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Well said...but in other news while we're on the topic of letting negative things go, when is your current avatar title going to die a natural (or unnatural for that matter) death? Who wants to be continually reminded about that game almost 2 seasons ago now, and IIRC, you were thinking of doing that anyway if the Bills beat the Vikes earlier this year! :) But do your thing man, I aint hating or anything, lol 

Meet Barkley's biggest fan.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I've been trying to come up with something all day.. any suggestions? Cogs might stay my Avatar pick to maintain the PT5P brand. I'm thinking some variant of PT5P. BarkleyIsARealBackupPT5P

BarkleyDoesn'tThrowPicks eh? Eh?

Make it a poll and let democracy run rampant! How about “RightJoshChosenPT5P,” or BarkleyBowlesOverJetsPT5P, or McDStarted4QBsThisYearPT5P...

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Make it a poll and let democracy run rampant! How about “RightJoshChosenPT5P,” or BarkleyBowlesOverJetsPT5P, or McDStarted4QBsThisYearPT5P...

I'm BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P NoHuddleKelly. Should have more lasting power if I am correct on this.

Democracy would be mean:

"How about PT5PSUCKS!"

Oof I like BarkleyBowlesOverJets. But should probably stray away from referencing single games.

BFGB

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'm BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P NoHuddleKelly. Should have more lasting power if I am correct on this.

Democracy would be mean:

"How about PT5PSUCKS!"

Oof I like BarkleyBowlesOverJets. But should probably stray away from referencing single games.

BFGB

Good calls all around BFGBPT5P! I’m a fan 

21 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

To all the draft analysts out there that said the Bills made a mistake - eat crow.  We picked the right Josh.  

Famous last words.  Rookie QBs tend to be all over the place, and some of those who don't look very good as rookies (like Goff) go on to develop into excellent NFL QBs when some of those who look like great early on never develop into real franchise QBs.  Mark Sanchez and Blake Bortles are good examples of guys who never developed after some early success.  

It's simply too early to say much about the 2018 rookie QBs except to say that Mayfield looks like the real deal, Allen and Jackson have played much better than just about anybody expected them to play, and that both Darnold and Rosen seem to have been underwhelming compared to the expectations for them.  That may be the result of the situation they're in.  Goff and Trubisky looked pretty mediocre as rookies but blossomed under new and better coaches. 

Of course, how a rookie QB plays doesn't matter much if he develops into a bonafide NFL QB (as both Goff and Trubisky have) -- or doesn't.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Famous last words.  Rookie QBs tend to be all over the place, and some of those who don't look very good as rookies (like Goff) go on to develop into excellent NFL QBs when some of those who look like great early on never develop into real franchise QBs.  Mark Sanchez and Blake Bortles are good examples of guys who never developed after some early success.  

It's simply too early to say much about the 2018 rookie QBs except to say that Mayfield looks like the real deal, Allen and Jackson have played much better than just about anybody expected them to play, and that both Darnold and Rosen seem to have been underwhelming compared to the expectations for them.  That may be the result of the situation they're in.  Goff and Trubisky looked pretty mediocre as rookies but blossomed under new and better coaches. 

Of course, how a rookie QB plays doesn't matter much if he develops into a bonafide NFL QB (as both Goff and Trubisky have) -- or doesn't.

With Allen its all about upside and worth ethic....of which there are a ton.  Put a better team around him and I think the difference will be sigificant.

Rosen?   Put a better OL in front of him and I think he looks better......as I have said since the beginning I think there are as many as 4 legit starters that come out of this draft...which was supposed to be a QB draft....which is why so many went so high.

I know this....our QB is a gamer who plays with crap and tries to put the team on his shoulders and win.....that is what I can live with for this year.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Very level headed and quality post.

I had my QB's going into the draft as Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Lamar, Rosen.  I live in LA, and I hated thought of us trading up for Rosen.  I would have been fine if we didn't trade up and he was the guy that fell to us, but he was the last guy I wanted to risk more assets on.  He is just not likable, and fans tend to over look just how significant that is for a QB in a locker room.  Its what plagued Cutler for years, Jeff George, etc.  Add in questions about how much he really loved the game and his injury history, and just wasn't someone I wanted to risk more than I had to in order to draft him.  

However, when the offseason first started, Allen was bottom of my list.  But this kid just kept wowing me and changing my mind.  I had Mayfield as top QB the whole football season, even when people kept arguing with me saying he is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect when I said I think the Bills would draft him in the first.  Obviously Mayfield played his way out of our reach by going #1 overall.  But it was the guys after Mayfield that switched for me when Allen made it to number 2 on my list.  

I had Rosen and Darnold alternating earlier in the year as the 2nd and 3rd guys, but mostly had Darnold there.  But I watched all Darnolds games and I just saw so many bone head plays that it really just took some of the shine off for me.  I still liked the kid, but decision making ability for me was a big question mark.  I would have been fine moving up for him though because the kid was tough, a gamer and obviously tons of talent.  

But like I said, Allen though is the guy who worked his way up for me and just really made me go wow.  I felt pretty strongly that Mayfield and Allen were the 2 best, even though the other 3 were still quality QB prospects themselves.  

The reason I say that is because, clearly Mayfield and Allen (at least in my eyes) are shining the most.  Lamar story is great, but his style is very questionable for sustainability. But even with the two guys I felt the strongest about playing well, I still know that this means nothing.  There is a long list of guys who started strong and then just never progressed much more or regressed even...and there is also long lists of guys who struggled early then came on strong.  So anyone claiming that guys like Mayfield or Allen will be best long run are really jumping the gun, just like saying Rosen will be a bust is jumping the gun.  

For the record, I still firmly believe both Allen and Mayfield will be top 10 and maybe both top 5 starting QB's through their careers.   

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

having an above average qb doesn't mean the playoffs every year, but without one the chances of going are next to none.  i think all of us as bills fans should realize this.  i like tyrod too, but anyone could see that an improvement was needed at the qb position, hence  josh allen.

You are correct. But I did not agree with the way it was done. Going into the season with 2 rookies basically was almost career ending for these guys.  And the result is this crap season. For me it’s not about one player. So watching Allen develop was not close to enough to be peleased with this season. Especially after having success last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

You are correct. But I did not agree with the way it was done. Going into the season with 2 rookies basically was almost career ending for these guys.  And the result is this crap season. For me it’s not about one player. So watching Allen develop was not close to enough to be peleased with this season. Especially after having success last year. 

"career ending?"

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

i'm not sure what you mean by career ending, but my "goal" for this year was to get allen some playing time, see some progression, and see what we have in the young players, (while also solving some cap issues).  not for a second did i think this was a playoff year, so these to me were the biggest wants.  i think the bills did just that.  it wasn't a good season in terms of wins, but i'm much more optimistic about the qb position going forward.

Before the draft, I thought Rosen had a quitter's mentality.  At the first sign of struggle, he mentally folds - and fast.  

There's nothing about his rookie season that has made me change my opinion.  

On the other hand, I thought guys like Allen and Mayfield were fighters. They will keep firing, won't quit.   

My issue with Allen is that he'd end up being a throwback to the 90s where he'd throw for over 4,000 yards, barely at a 60% completion rate.  

I didn't know what Mayfield would do because I fully expected the Browns to send out Tyrod every game if he could walk.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

"career ending?"

I think the poster was referring to Allen's elbow injury, which could have truly been a career-ending injury.  Luckily, it wasn't as serious as it could have been and doesn't seem to have resulted in permanent damage.

• Like (+1) 1

As it stands right now, we definitely got the right Josh.  No doubt about it.  But getting the right Josh, does that mean we got the best QB in the draft?  Don't get me wrong, i'm all over the JA hype right now and I do feel that he'll be around for a while as our franchise QB.  I haven't been this excited in a very long time as a Bills fan.  As of right now though, part of me wonders if we should've just stayed put in the draft and got Jackson instead.  Or should we have tried harder to go for Baker or Darnold?  Only time will tell and my questions should be answered by the time these rookies are entering the final season of their rookie contracts.  What i'm simply saying is that I really hope that overall, we selected the right QB.

Josh Allen May be the most polarizing player in the NFL as soon as next season.  If Beane does his job like I think he will in FA and the draft, JA is gonna have all cameras on him.  Too big. Too strong.  Too fast.  Throws too hard. Wants to win and lead and has a great smiles. He’s much better than I thought he’d be at this stage.  He seems to get better and become more poised with each snap.  Oh, an that arm.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Josh Allen May be the most polarizing player in the NFL as soon as next season.  If Beane does his job like I think he will in FA and the draft, JA is gonna have all cameras on him.  Too big. Too strong.  Too fast.  Throws too hard. Wants to win and lead and has a great smiles. He’s much better than I thought he’d be at this stage.  He seems to get better and become more poised with each snap.  Oh, an that arm.  

McBeane has to put a lot more talent around him on offense. I mean they have the cap space and draft picks to address various needs so it isn't like they can't do so but that's a big challenge. Besides Dawkins, Allen, and maybe Foster I don't know what good young pieces exist on the roster. Teller and Zay possibly but I am 50/50 on them. So at best you need a WR1, 3 offensive linemen, a tightend of the future, and an RB of the future. 

I know they have 90 plus million in cap space and a full draft class but that's a lot of acquisitions to hit on in one off season. Plus they might need a player or two on defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

McBeane has to put a lot more talent around him on offense. I mean they have the cap space and draft picks to address various needs so it isn't like they can't do so but that's a big challenge. Besides Dawkins, Allen, and maybe Foster I don't know what good young pieces exist on the roster. Teller and Zay possibly but I am 50/50 on them. So at best you need a WR1, 3 offensive linemen, a tightend of the future, and an RB of the future. 

I know they have 90 plus million in cap space and a full draft class but that's a lot of acquisitions to hit on in one off season. Plus they might need a player or two on defense. 

A WR1 would be nice, but if we can get a Bob Woods type we’ll be fine as long as Foster continues to play as he has the past few weeks.  

We cant fill every hole with a star but we have money and 10 picks.  The way we’ve been drafting, you can count on 4 starters in the draft a backup or two.  Then almost 90mill in cap room.  If Beane can pull some magic we can be a more explosive version of this year’s Bears. 

Edited by NewEra

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think he will be extremely polarizing if his game remains relatively similar to how it has been his college and rookie season in the NFL.

There is enough mediocrity in this league that the type of QB Allen is shaping up to be, a BOOM/BUSTER, that with a good defense you will win your fair amount of games and at least be close enough in 4th Quarters where it’s coin flip time.  So it’s importent for Buffalo to maintain that defense with Allen.  (He’s going to have to prove he can be a gunslinger of the surgeon variety that can come back from 2-3 scores down before I beleive it.)

But I suspect that when you look at Box scores Allen’s will look very similar to his entire career so far.  Sub 60% completion and not many 300 yard games and hovering on the low end of points scored.  THAT is when the fun debates and screaming at each other will really begin!

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

There's already reports out there that Steve Wilks is a goner after this offseason...not necessarily surprising, but still one heck of a headline. Fans/media say he didn't maximize his players' talents and chose his scheme over the provided personnel (a 4-3 defense with a bunch of 3-4 pieces) along with basically having no idea how to develop a rookie QB (lol at him coming in against the bears down by a score with a few minutes left) or use their best player on offense (DJ). With Pat Peterson wanting to get out of there and for good reason, it makes Larry feel even more saintly than he already has been

It's not entirely similar, but the square-peg-in-a-round-hole style is definitely reminiscent of how things went down with us and Rex. I wouldn't have been opposed to cutting our losses after one year, either, so credit to Arizona for having the guts to quickly admit their mistake and try and salvage what they can. Making another analogy, Josh Rosen could have a good opportunity to go from terrible to great coaching like Goff to help and turn his career around.

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A WR1 would be nice, but if we can get a Bob Woods type we’ll be fine as long as Foster continues to play as he has the past few weeks.  

We cant fill every hole with a star but we have money and 10 picks.  The way we’ve been drafting, you can count on 4 starters in the draft a backup or two.  Then almost 90mill in cap room.  If Beane can pull some magic we can be a more explosive version of this year’s Bears. 

Even if you can count on Foster as a top 3 WR I don't know if Zay is a top 3 NFL WR (I think he can progress to that but I wouldn't want to rely on him) I think you need at least 2 WR's to supplement Foster, Zay, and Mac. The O-line needs 3-4 starters (50/50 on Teller) and there are needs to find younger players at RB and TE. 

Ideally I would sign or trade for a vet WR T.Williams or Golden Tate while also drafting a WR in rounds 1 or 2. I also wouldn't mind them addressing a defensive need like adding a pass rusher or CB2 (Depending on how the young guys finish out the season.) But the big money should be spent along the O-line where there should be at least high end 2 starters added and a pick in the top 2 rounds. 

Its not impossible for them to find 3-4 high end starters on offense via free agency and add in 2 more via the draft. Then build depth and youth at TE and RB in rounds 3 and 4. But its a tall order even with the cap space and draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think he will be extremely polarizing if his game remains relatively similar to how it has been his college and rookie season in the NFL.

There is enough mediocrity in this league that the type of QB Allen is shaping up to be, a BOOM/BUSTER, that with a good defense you will win your fair amount of games and at least be close enough in 4th Quarters where it’s coin flip time.  So it’s importent for Buffalo to maintain that defense with Allen.  (He’s going to have to prove he can be a gunslinger of the surgeon variety that can come back from 2-3 scores down before I beleive it.)

But I suspect that when you look at Box scores Allen’s will look very similar to his entire career so far.  Sub 60% completion and not many 300 yard games and hovering on the low end of points scored.  THAT is when the fun debates and screaming at each other will really begin!

exact same could be said for Jackson

• Like (+1) 1

If this thread is correct, then Allen looks like he's going to be better than Rosen. So far the draft order has played out exactly as predicted in terms of performance, though Allen could catch Darnold and Baker if he continues to keep his accuracy under control and he keeps making plays with his legs. He's the most dynamic player.

I think the better question is should we have kept all of our draft picks and just taken Lamar Jackson with either ours or the Chiefs FRP? Now that's a fascinating what if. 

Edited by VW82

41 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Even if you can count on Foster as a top 3 WR I don't know if Zay is a top 3 NFL WR (I think he can progress to that but I wouldn't want to rely on him) I think you need at least 2 WR's to supplement Foster, Zay, and Mac. The O-line needs 3-4 starters (50/50 on Teller) and there are needs to find younger players at RB and TE. 

Ideally I would sign or trade for a vet WR T.Williams or Golden Tate while also drafting a WR in rounds 1 or 2. I also wouldn't mind them addressing a defensive need like adding a pass rusher or CB2 (Depending on how the young guys finish out the season.) But the big money should be spent along the O-line where there should be at least high end 2 starters added and a pick in the top 2 rounds. 

Its not impossible for them to find 3-4 high end starters on offense via free agency and add in 2 more via the draft. Then build depth and youth at TE and RB in rounds 3 and 4. But its a tall order even with the cap space and draft picks. 

An ever improving Foster + a top draft pick or free agent would lots of playoff teams have 2 solid WRs and a Zay Jones level wr.  Add a tight end and we’re in business.  Sure, I’d love to add 2-3 more stud WRs but I don’t think it’s neccesary to have a good offense as long as we upgrade along the OL

Edit: forgot to mention McKenzie.  He looks like a keeper.  Foster, mckenzie, Zay, plus a top FA or draft pick WR and TE.  Zay might be the 4th or 5th option.  Not too shabby imo.  Just hope the guys we add can catch passes

Edited by NewEra

Just now, NewEra said:

An ever improving Foster + a top draft pick or free agent would lots of playoff teams have 2 solid WRs and a Zay Jones level wr.  Add a tight end and we’re in business.  Sure, I’d love to add 2-3 more stud WRs but I don’t think it’s neccesary to have a good offense as long as we upgrade along the OL

I am not sure Zay is a top 3 WR and Foster might be piling up flashy stats late in season and might not be as good as he seems. I think it is better to surround Allen with a deep fast WR core than to skimp out and think one addition will do. At worst the team has depth and a group of young players to take over for a veteran that was signed. 

29 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am not sure Zay is a top 3 WR and Foster might be piling up flashy stats late in season and might not be as good as he seems. I think it is better to surround Allen with a deep fast WR core than to skimp out and think one addition will do. At worst the team has depth and a group of young players to take over for a veteran that was signed. 

McKenzie May be the #3. He’s fast.  Jones ran a 4.42.  Foster is blazing fast.  The FA/draft pick can be fast.  We aren’t as far away from what you’re asking for as you think.  Like I said, sure I’d love to add 2-3 more stud WRs but that’s not realistic .  Realistic, imo, is adding a top WR in the draft/FA a top tight end in the draft/FA.  Adding  solid seasons along with a stout OL and we can compete imo. If we can form an OL that can actually run block effectively our passing game will take off

Just now, NewEra said:

McKenzie May be the #3. He’s fast.  Jones ran a 4.42.  Foster is blazing fast.  The FA/draft pick can be fast.  We aren’t as far away from what you’re asking for as you think.  Like I said, sure I’d love to add 2-3 more stud WRs but that’s not realistic .  Realistic, imo, is adding a top WR in the draft/FA a top tight end in the draft/FA.  Adding  solid seasons along with a stout OL and we can compete imo. If we can form an OL that can actually run block effectively our passing game will take off

I am not buying Mac as anything more than a gadget player. I just think the team needs 2 WR's, a vet and a rookie, at worst if you sign a higher end vet and draft a rookie then you can trade or move on from the vet sooner. But if you overplay your hand on these young guys and they are in over your head then you are *****. 

I think with the Cap Space and the draft picks they should be able to heavily address the offense at both WR and OL while drafting players behind the vets at TE and RB.

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am not buying Mac as anything more than a gadget player. I just think the team needs 2 WR's, a vet and a rookie, at worst if you sign a higher end vet and draft a rookie then you can trade or move on from the vet sooner. But if you overplay your hand on these young guys and they are in over your head then you are *****. 

I think with the Cap Space and the draft picks they should be able to heavily address the offense at both WR and OL while drafting players behind the vets at TE and RB.

McKenzie is a slot wide receiver. That’s not a gadget.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I clearly said this year and worst of bunch right now means this year. Read that. Year 2 or 3 well see how it goes.

Right now it doesn't matter. No one cares about his performances his year. Like Allen he has shown moments of potential and moments of rookie stupidity.

You don't judge players after 1 year

I think the Bills picked the right Josh,but we shall see.

I might be one of handful here but I preferred our Josh over the other one because of temperament,size, leadership and arm strength.

On draft night my younger cousin was throwing beer cans at his TV in digust. Why? Because he reads this board and watches the clowns on Sportscenter.

If there’s two things you can count on, it’s the media and message board members knowing little about what a real QB looks like.

Statistics do not measure much of what it takes to make it in the NFL.

My cousin is now a huge Josh Allen fan. 

Edited by dlonce