Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

Just now, WideNine said:

Not too hard to find. They are the guys that are strangely silent every time he does something amazing under pressure, and who fall all over themselves posting at every poor decision or executed play. 

Kind of like roaches and Allen playing well is like turning on the light.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I can only assume you really wanted Rosen.  I did too.  I realized now that I was wrong. 

And when you find out how many drops Rosen's receivers have had, let me know the site so I can look them up for myself.

I really wanted Mayfield. Rosen was my next pick but I was wary about it. No problem admitting Allen has surprised me with all the things he’s done this year. 

This thread isn’t necessary like I was saying. No one knows yet which one of these guys is going to turn out to be the better QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

David Johnson and Kirk both credited with 4 drops a piece. Ricky Seals-Jones credited with 3. There’s 11 already from what I could find. Please forward on to @Doc

Allen had 11 drops just the previous 3 weeks and another 4 (at least) today. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I found them last week. I will dig them out.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

And Allen as of last week is most pressured QB in the league

Allen looks good. I am not dying on an Allen hill at all. I am pleased he is who we have. 

I was the don't write Jared Goff off guy as well. I think it is too early to write off Rosen. Although if Arizona don't fire Wilkes they will suck next year too. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Speaking of hills to die on, do you ever add anything of substance or just attack other people's opinions? Anyone being objective would say Allen looks good, but that the Cardinals are the biggest mess in football. It's amazing that any negative Allen has is his supporting cast but with Rosen It's all his fault. You can really like Allen's progress and dislike the comparison.

Well since you bring it up, I believe Rosen’s lack of mobility and arm strength is going to make him a long term liability. And you’re free to believe otherwise, but you’d be wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

I really wanted Mayfield. Rosen was my next pick but I was wary about it. No problem admitting Allen has surprised me with all the things he’s done this year. 

This thread isn’t necessary like I was saying. No one knows yet which one of these guys is going to turn out to be the better QB.

I wanted Mayfield as well, but he was never attainable and his offense is stacked.

Just now, WideNine said:

Not too hard to find. They are the guys that are strangely silent every time he does something amazing under pressure, and who fall all over themselves posting at every poor decision or executed play. 

I'll admit was not the big Josh Allen supporter at first. Now I am biggest one telling all my buddies he looks good just wait till next year with a supporting cast. Can't really blame people too much. Years after years poor QB play. I think Allen is going to be a good one.

Just now, Doc said:

Thanks.

That was me looking for about 2 minutes. Drop stats are ridiculously inconsistent. You say you saw 11 drops and the stat keepers will end up crediting only 5. 

20 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

There was a point earlier in the season where I was worried about Allen as he didn't seem to be getting it at all. Since he came back from injury I've become more and more confident in him. Still has a way to go but I think with an extra off season of work, plus a revamped offense around him he could be ***** deadly next season!

We will be quoting "The Injury" as his turning point. 

Sitting out, watching the crap factory of retreads come in, and then getting DA and hopefully Matt Barkley to help him understand what to do and what not to do........man it has made a difference. He really played well today despite not being able to run. Never got us into trouble with a pick (got lucky once). 

Dude seems to get it.

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So predictable...so when is a QB definitively there... Canton?

Smarter to gather some facts rather than coming out and declaring bust or pro bowl in a rookie season. Some went really hard on the wrong Josh thing, they have disappeared or changed their name.

edit: I think both will be good in the years ahead.

Edited by downunderbill

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am happy with how Josh Allen looks and I was very pleased with him today. 

But Josh Rosen is on the biggest mess of a franchise in the NFL with very little talent and a coach a million miles out of his depth. And he has played well in parts. Way too early to write him off. 

Would you really say Rosen has a worse supporting cast then Allen though?

DJ is much better than any of our backs.

Hall of fame receiver in FItz. I know he’s lost a bit but he still is pretty good and brings a ton of veteran leadership.

I am not sure of their o line situation. Im

sure it’s bad but it can’t be worse than the Bills

1 minute ago, downunderbill said:

Smarter to gather some facts rather than coming out and declaring bust or pro bowl in a rookie season. Some went really hard on the wrong Josh thing, they have disappeared or changed their name.

Isn’t the OP declaring something about the other Josh in his rookie season? On a terrible team similar to the Bills?

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Would you really say Rosen has a worse supporting cast then Allen though?

DJ is much better than any of our backs.

Hall of fame receiver in FItz. I know he’s lost a bit but he still is pretty good and brings a ton of veteran leadership.

I am not sure of their o line situation. Im

sure it’s bad but it can’t be worse than the Bills

Their OLine and ours are about a wash. They are both terrible. Larry Fitz is done, has really struggled this year. Kirk has played okay but struggled with drops. 

And the coaching has been absolutely atrocious. From Wilkes to McCoy to Leftwich. 

Just now, Maynard said:

Remember Goff his first year? Way too early for any of this....

And I was "dying on that hill" too.... 

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

They are NBC stats... no idea if they are the same ones recorded by other outlets because those numbers look low all round to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Their OLine and ours are about a wash. They are both terrible. Larry Fitz is done, has really struggled this year. Kirk has played okay but struggled with drops. 

And the coaching has been absolutely atrocious. From Wilkes to McCoy to Leftwich. 

I agree with almost everything you said but I still think FItz is descent. He still makes big plays at big times.

But even still. With all that being said and with DJ on their team, I would say Arizona has a slightly better supporting cast than Allen IMO

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And I was "dying on that hill" too.... 

I’d argue Arizona’s offensive line is one of the few in the league worse than ours. They were in panic mode in the preseason. Yes they have DJ but what is he going to do behind a paper thin line? Everything you said about Fitz and Kirk is 100% correct.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

I’d argue Arizona’s offensive line is one of the few in the league worse than ours. They were in panic mode in the preseason. Yes they have DJ but what is he going to do behind a paper thin line? Everything you said about Fitz and Kirk is 100% correct.

Yeah because nobody here was panicking after that 3rd preseason game.

Isn’t the OP declaring something about the other Josh in his rookie season? On a terrible team similar to the Bills?

Yep. Not saying it doesn't go both ways, I'll admit I'm a fan of Allen, but it's his first season so it will be a bit premature to declare either QB one way or the other. I think they'll both be good, but they could both be bad, the NFL works in mysterious ways. It is too early to tell but the one thing I can say is Allen is easily the most talented player on offence. 

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

FItz has 53 catches for 563 yards and 5 TDS in 13 games plus brings a ton of veteran leadership. That is definitely not terrible at all and we all

know how many intangibles that guy brings that don’t show on the stat sheet

A farmer and his son had a beloved stallion who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbors exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild mares back to the farm as well. The neighbors shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the mares and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all the able-bodied boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, still recovering from his injury. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah because nobody here was panicking after that 3rd preseason game.

Not saying we weren’t? 

My point is they are playing through very similar situations. Allen has made more plays with what he’s got so far. Judging either this soon “lol wrong josh XD” is f-ing stupid. This thread is stupid.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

FItz has 53 catches for 563 yards and 5 TDS in 13 games plus brings a ton of veteran leadership. That is definitely not terrible at all and we all

know how many intangibles that guy brings that don’t show on the stat sheet

Those are terrible numbers for larry fitzgerald.

12 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

That was me looking for about 2 minutes. Drop stats are ridiculously inconsistent. You say you saw 11 drops and the stat keepers will end up crediting only 5. 

I agree with you there - there are a few that keep NFL stats on drops, but college ranks I got nothing. I really wanted to look at the top-end WR prospects in the draft and see who had the most drops... particularly the top-end TE's like Fant.

I don't really want Josh to take a lot off his throws, I want to see the ball on a rope for the comeback routes, quick outs and slants. And folks act like a 60 yard pass needs to have more of a rainbow.... there is certainly room to grow, but I would like them to find tools that could work with Josh's strong arm rather than Josh trying to soften those throws. 

Yes, there needs to be touch on those screens and bubble plays, but I have seen a lot of growth in that area from Josh - enough to give me some confidence that he is getting good coaching and that he is coachable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not saying we weren’t? 

My point is they are playing through very similar situations. Allen has made more plays with what he’s got so far. Judging either this soon “lol wrong josh XD” is f-ing stupid. This thread is stupid.

Sir were you here for all the lamenting that we did not draft josh Rosen?

thise threads were stupid as well

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

A farmer and his son had a beloved stallion who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbors exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild mares back to the farm as well. The neighbors shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the mares and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all the able-bodied boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, still recovering from his injury. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

So bust then?

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not here to bag on rosen

i just think for a extremely raw qb like Allen it’s very exciting to know we are just scratching the surface of his talent

And that is perfectly reasonable John. I am as excited about Allen as I have been at any stage after today. 

I said the same last night when people were trying to do down Darnold who played well. We don't have to rag on other QBs to prop up Allen. It is about Allen's performances and he is making the case with his play on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not saying we weren’t? 

Those are terrible numbers for larry fitzgerald.

Yes but that’s not what you said. You agreed that he’s basically been awful. 

Also Might that be because it’s the QB and not him?.. lol. Sure he’s lost a step. But I would say if he had a competent QB and wasn’t on the worst offence in the NFL, his numbers would be much better

9 minutes ago, MDH said:

So you're saying the Bills should get a horse?...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Also Might that be because it’s the QB and not him?.. lol. Sure he’s lost a step. But I would say if he had a competent QB and wasn’t on the worst offence in the NFL, his numbers would be much better

I have been the biggest Larry Fitz fan ever. I think he is done. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I can’t with good conscience call a hall of fame player like larry fitzgerald “awful” but yes, he’s a marginal guy at this point. Still better than what Allen has? Sure, but not by that much. And I like Kirk as well but like Gunner said he drops the ball A LOT. Again, similar to our situation. Which was my point. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

JA averaged over 15 yds per completion today. That is huge! Probably tops in the league this week. 

Allen does this a lot and I love it. I will sacrifice stupid stats like completion % if we develop a vertical passing game that takes advantage of the kid’s arm.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1