2nd Half Thread: Bills vs. Dolphins at 1 PM ET on CBS

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Not really a terrible throw... He wanted Zay to just stop while Zay wanted to continue his route. Miscommunication. 

Only issue I have is that Allen rifled it. Unnecessary. If he threw it softer would have given Zay time to stop and catch the ball.

No. No. No. bad throw and othing else.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Just ... no. It was a bad, bad throw. No excuses.

Do you know for a fact that the route was a drag? Cause Loften seemed to think that Jones should have sat and waited. 

Not excusing the throw, but if Zay stops in the middle its a td

He did not bother to get his feet right before he threw that awful pass.  He certainly had the time to do so - at least on that play.  That is part of the problem of a raw rookie QB playing behind a bad OL.  He is developing/reinforcing bad mechanics even when not necessary 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I actually don't think the pass was inaccurate, he thought Zay was going to stop running. Couldn't tell you who misread the coverage though.

This there is a huge difference in where the ball goes if Zay runs through it or stops. Doesn't mean the miscommunication isn't on Allen though.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Thank god hes got that big arm. The ball looks incredible going 60mph behind wide open WRs

Well the report from the sidelines is he told Zay to sit,  Miscommunication.

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I hope that's miscommunication and not just a bad miss. 

Unfortunately, I don’t see how it could have been a miscommunication. Zay was holding out his arm and running to the left, and Allen just threw so far behind him that Zay had to try and change directions. 

Zay was running away from coverage, so there was no reason at all for Allen to try and lead Zay the other way. 

It was just a bad miss by Allen. (IMO anyway, with the limited info we have) 

Edited by BillsFan4

if an excellent QB is there where we pick u gotta draft him. doesn't mean allen isn't gonna be a good qb in this league..but u have to push people. and u cant have enough QB talent unless you are favre/Rodgers or montana/young