Man, I thought the upside could have been 10-6...be honest

Granted, I generally saw this as between 5-11 and 7-9 team (more so 7-9) this year in a number of my predictions ( I have trouble seeing them even getting to 5).

However, I also thought that if things fell right they could go 10-6 (4-4 first half, 6-2 in the second).

Honestly, either from what you posted or what you were thinking or hoping what did you think the upside could have been for this team before kick off in September?

I thought 7-9 even if our offense did nothing (:lol:), but if we get production out of Shady, Benjamin and sets of TE we could pull off 10-6.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

39 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Granted, I generally saw this as between 5-11 and 7-9 team (more so 7-9) this year in a number of my predictions ( I have trouble seeing them even getting to 5).

However, I also thought that if things fell right they could go 10-6 (4-4 first half, 6-2 in the second).

Honestly, either from what you posted or what you were thinking or hoping what did you think the upside could have been for this team before kick off in September?

I thought 7-9 even if our offense did nothing (:lol:), but if we get production out of Shady, Benjamin and sets of TE we could pull off 10-6.

I say this with all sincerity...

You're an idiot.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

There is my heart, and there is my head.

Head told everyone that would listen that the win total being the lowest in Vegas was justified, it was going to be rough sledding all year.

Heart held out hope we could another 9 win season on the upside just to keep games past October interesting. 

And I am telling you, had the Bills been able to recover that last fumble up 3 at Houston on the sack /fumble and closed that game out..maybe 8 wins was possible.

Had no clue the offense would be this bad, not the D this good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

They probably would be 10-6 if they had a top 15-20 offence. Unfortunately, the oline was worse than they looked on paper, McCoy lost a step, Clays knees finally caught up with him, a healthy Benjamin was not any better, and Allen was as raw as advertised. Basically anything that could have gone our way didn’t.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I saw them as 6-10 at best. Nobody could have forseen the offense looking historically bad.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought 7-9 to 9-7 with a slight chance of 10-6.  I thought the defense would carry the team and the offense wouldn't be this bad.  I suspected those calling for 4 or 5 wins were off...turns out they're right.

The team was supposed to be in tank mode last season and won 9 games. I felt like this year should be at least 9-7 also. But then Peterman got named the starter and AJ got traded and my hope quickly faded after Nate's first pick.

I believe I was hovering around the 3-4 win range.  The schedule was (is) brutal, the OL, the inexperience at quarterback (whomever it was going to be), the folks we trot out there to play WR.....it's pretty much a recipe for a bad season. 

6-10 was my expectation with 8-8 as the upside (hope). I was trying to be pragmatic, realizing that last year a number of things went just right for this team.

For those that are overly pessimistic, expecting a 2-14 finish, I would remind you:

1. The schedule thus far has been brutal. The Bills were underdogs in every game -- and still found a way to win 2 of them.

2. The schedule starts to get easier this week.

3. Even with the offense playing so poorly, it will not take a shootout to beat the likes of the Jets and Dolphins.

4. Simply protecting the football on offense and cashing in on turnovers on defense could be enough to win 3-4 more games down the stretch.

5. There is a chance that we have 1-2 more games like the Minnesota game where everything goes right.

For me, the record is not the issue. What I want to see is Josh Allen show marginal weekly progression -- and for the team to at least be competitive and stop these embarrassing blowout losses. That said, 4-12 or 5-11 is now my revised expectation -- with 6-10 being the new ceiling.

The Bills have been in the .500 area for quite a few years now.  I think we caught a few breaks to finish 9-7 last season, and wasn't sure we could replicate the lucky bounces we got.

On top of that, this year's schedule always looked brutal. 

As the offseason progressed, it became very clear that we were drafting a Quarterback in the first round and weren't going to have the resources to upgrade all of the big holes on the roster.  Going into Draft Night, I figured we could use help at QB, WR, OT, two OGs, C, two DTs and CB.  Even without a trade-up, it just wasn't going to happen.  We were bound to have some pretty big holes going into the season.

Considering everything, I always figured that 7-8 wins would be a massive accomplishment.  The defense had too much talent to see us winning less than 3 games.  So sitting at 2-7 just over the half-way point... pretty much on track with what I figured.

38 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

For me, the record is not the issue. What I want to see is Josh Allen show marginal weekly progression -- and for the team to at least be competitive and stop these embarrassing blowout losses. That said, 4-12 or 5-11 is now my revised expectation -- with 6-10 being the new ceiling.

Agreed about Allen.  This season has always been about his development, first and foremost.

The real question is whether it's better for him to learn by playing, or by standing on the sidelines.  There are strong arguments for both sides. 

I predicted between 4 and 6 wins.  The QB, WR and O-Line situations were not mysteries to anyone.  I think my prediction will be accurate, but probably at the lower end of the scale.  Despite last year's record, it was pretty obvious that they were taking some steps back with an eye towards the future.  If Allen pans out, they'll be fine.  If he doesn't, we'll see the coaching and GM carousel spin around again.

49 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

6-10 was my expectation with 8-8 as the upside (hope). I was trying to be pragmatic, realizing that last year a number of things went just right for this team.

For those that are overly pessimistic, expecting a 2-14 finish, I would remind you:

1. The schedule thus far has been brutal. The Bills were underdogs in every game -- and still found a way to win 2 of them.

2. The schedule starts to get easier this week.

3. Even with the offense playing so poorly, it will not take a shootout to beat the likes of the Jets and Dolphins.

4. Simply protecting the football on offense and cashing in on turnovers on defense could be enough to win 3-4 more games down the stretch.

5. There is a chance that we have 1-2 more games like the Minnesota game where everything goes right.

The low end of course is 2-14, and I think the high end is 4-12.

3-13 probably sounds about right at this point

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Before the season I predicted 5-11.

I can't see the Bills getting to 5 wins this year at this point

I cant see them getting to 3 wins at this point haha...the D will have to hold a team to under 10 points. Or score themselves.

This week we have a game that shpuld be dubbed Toilet Bowl I...hopefully the Bills dont screw up their draft position by winning.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I cant see them getting to 3 wins at this point haha...the D will have to hold a team to under 10 points. Or score themselves.

This week we have a game that shpuld be dubbed Toilet Bowl I...hopefully the Bills dont screw up their draft position by winning.

Lol ya fair enough.

I see 2 possible legit chances and they might sneak 1 of these out:

At home against the Jets

At home against Miami (If Tanny is still out)

Although I think as I am being optimistic here as I forgot that for the Bills to win, they will actually need to score a touchdown

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

In the off season and all throughout the season I have stuck by 3-6 wins. I still never thought our offense would be THIS bad though 

I figured we would take a step back, but like everyone else, I did not foresee the offense looking this horrid.

I thought we would be more competitive than this. Although the defense has played very good, thank God.

My prediction was 8-8