Yds

Avg

TD

Int

Sck

SckY

Rate

Chicago Bears

It would appear that like Peterman he throws a VERY catchable ball.  Someone else said it and I think it's hard to argue, why wouldn't you sign Kaepernick?  He's 100 times better than anyone we are currently trotting out there.  Probably could actually offer a lot more knowledge than Barkley in terms of helping Allen.  Doesn't hurt that he's mobile either.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

It would appear that like Peterman he throws a VERY catchable ball.  Someone else said it and I think it's hard to argue, why wouldn't you sign Kaepernick?  He's 100 times better than anyone we are currently trotting out there.  Probably could actually offer a lot more knowledge than Barkley in terms of helping Allen.  Doesn't hurt that he's mobile either.

I think the Bills want to avoid the publicity that comes with the team that finally signs Kap. Also, WNY is bright red. There are a lot of fans that would have a problem with it. They're not going to rock the boat with the red necks. 

Just now, Maine-iac said:

The shitshow surrounding signing Kaepernick would be much more fun, interesting and better chance of winning than this shitshow. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I think it’s also because these guys are just placeholders while the others are nursing week to week injuries. They would like to probably just have Allen and DA on the 53. It’s a lot to take on with Kaep for a couple/3 weeks. Then they would need to cut him and it would be an even bigger deal.  

Edited by YoloinOhio

So essentially McCoy, convicted of nothing I get it, can have a different lawsuit every season and he can't be traded but bringing in Kaepernick would be too much?  I'm not dismissing what each of you are saying.  You are all right.  I'm not entirely sure the organization really wants to win that badly.  They certainly wouldn't want to start winning with Kaepernick.  Not that he could make us winners anyways.  All that said I think DA should offer at least some kind of help tutoring Allen but I'm still afraid Allen is going to need more than what he's getting if he's going to be the next breakout Mahommes.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s also because these guys are just placeholders while the others are nursing week to week injuries. They would like to probably just have Allen and DA on the 53. It’s a lot to take on with Kaep for a couple/3 weeks. Then they would need to cut him and it would be an even bigger deal.  

No. When Allen comes back they release Nate. And if they want to sign him to the PS after seeing him totally fail five times in a row they can. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

No. When Allen comes back they release Nate. And if they want to sign him to the PS after seeing him totally fail five times in a row they can. 

Right, but they will also release Barkley when Anderson is cleared. Either way they only want Allen and Anderson imo. Anyone they are signing now at the Qb position is a temporary placeholder to get through week to week injuries.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I think its a silver lining. Best to let the rookie punter sit and learn for a year as originally planned.  He doesn't have the talent around him or adequate protection to succeed this year.

He cannot grow catching bad snaps from a juggs machine or forgetting fake punts that aren't supposed to be fakes in practice, he needs to screw up in real games. 

• Haha (+1) 2

For those clamoring for Kaepernick, I believe he has been offered contracts to play and has refused them because he only wants to be the starter and doesn't think the dollars are enough. It would probably hurt his case against the NFL if he signed a contract now. I am not an ESPN analyst so this only conjecture. On other item, He hasn't played in at least two years, so I don't know if would be anymore effective than what we already have.

58 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

So, is Barkley backing up Peterman?  There's a line I never thought I'd type...

Wow.  We're pretty bad.

For now. For now.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, but they will also release Barkley when Anderson is cleared. Either way they only want Allen and Anderson imo. Anyone they are signing now at the Qb position is a temporary placeholder to get through week to week injuries.

You're assuming Peterman won't piss away the job to Barkley!

1 hour ago, Wo-Bah said:

So, is Barkley backing up Peterman?  There's a line I never thought I'd type...

Wow.  We're pretty bad.

Till either Barkley learns the offense or one of the other QBs recovers.

Though I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of him replacing Peterman after another spectacular half.

Edited by Warcodered

5 minutes ago, nero1 said:

For those clamoring for Kaepernick, I believe he has been offered contracts to play and has refused them because he only wants to be the starter and doesn't think the dollars are enough. It would probably hurt his case against the NFL if he signed a contract now. I am not an ESPN analyst so this only conjecture. On other item, He hasn't played in at least two years, so I don't know if would be anymore effective than what we already have.

It has definitely been rumored that he longer wants to play. His head is not in football anymore. 

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Too risky too release him and then hope no one claims him.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Stats while at Chicago:

Season

Team

Passing

G

GS

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

Avg

TD

Int

Sck

SckY

Rate

Chicago Bears

I don't want Peterman starting at all, but literally any QB we bring on the roster now, Barkley included, will only be as bad or worse. Barkley was a clear cut bust, almost worse than Peterman - 14 INTs in 7 games?The only way we get a serviceable QB this year is if we made moves at the deadline, but who would ever trade for a backup QB? 

I'm just going to come out and say it and be hated, sign Kaep.

Edited by ctk232

2 minutes ago, yungmack said:

It says something and not something good, that an unemployed bust like Barkley is an actual upgrade over every other QB on the roster. Oh my hip-hopping Christ.

I don’t think he’s considered an upgrade. Maybe over Peterman.

Only thing I will say is at least he was in a TC and preseason unlike DA. DA has a bigger arm but literally looks like he rolled out of bed into the field. 

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Stats while at Chicago:

Season

Team

Passing

G

GS

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

Avg

TD

Int

Sck

SckY

Rate

Chicago Bears

Rating is 48 points better than NP.  Had to look that one up

Some how in NFL QB rating, Bojorquez has double the rating of NP

15 minutes ago, Irv said:

Peterman is to the Bills, as tornados are to trailer parks.  I suggest they punt on first down Red Beaulieu style, and eliminate the pick-six from the playbook. 

That's really an affront to trailer parks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Put Micah Hyde out at WR and have him try to fair catch the passes. 

I know this is meant to be humor obviously but I'd take it into serious consideration. Not necessarily Hydes cuz we need him at safety but since the defensive players are the only ones who look like they have a pulse on gameday and since McDermott seems to find talent on defense, i say grab as many defensive players as you can and convert them to offense. Can't be worse than the offense we have now...

they have a yard sale on nfl players?  When Beane said no big moves this year he wasn't kidding  Think he's mad we won those two games despite his best effort to put a Cleveland steamer out for a team   If they are not making any effort to even try and win this year, why are McCoy , Clay and benjamin still here?  I'm very confused

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Stats while at Chicago:

Season

Team

Passing

G

GS

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

Avg

TD

Int

Sck

SckY

Rate

Chicago Bears

Well, on the bright side: Barkley's career 1:2.25 TD to INT ratio is far better than Peterman's (which is 1:3)...