Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So Vlad lives on?

So people actually thought they'd just cut a starter right out of the gate? He's not going anywhere until they get someone on the roster who the coaches think is better.

Edited by scribo

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I know that but i meant do they have to clear waivers if a team wants to immediately sign them to their 53 man roster and release one of their own players?

Any player waiver eligible, you have to put in a claim for and see if that player is awarded to you (determined by the waiver claim order, Bills are #22).

Any player you claim has to be put on your 53 man roster.

edit - here’s a pretty good explanation -

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/1/17805562/nfl-cuts-2018-explaining-how-waiver-wire-works-claiming-order

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thats the thing Boat.

I would have thought Beanes brought him in as #1 or #2 depending on the draft. They spent enough money to solidify him as number 2. did Bills underestimate Peterman or over estimate McCarron ?

I don’t think they overestimated McCarron. There was NFL gamefilm on him. His injury didn’t help his cause, but I think he underperformed. The contract all but assured he wouldn’t be a QB 3. They know what they have in Peterman, barring anything wildly unforeseen. Peterman also has practice squad eligibility ( I believe ) so that would have been an option for him. The talent level is similar to a McCarron imo. Things probably went differently than they expected, or AJM would still be here regardless of the QB competition outcome. Allen as QB 3 would be a total waste of time. I’d say NP was about what they expected , but AJM was less than. 

Just now, matter2003 said:

OLeary made big plays in big situations for us in real games...thats something none of these other guys have done(maybe Clay)

I really liked O’Leary.. He doesn’t jump out or stand out but just seemed to be a solid gamer. Made plays when asked to and seemed clutch when he was on the field. 

I’m sad to see him go I enjoyed rooting for him 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

OLeary made big plays in big situations for us in real games...thats something none of these other guys have done(maybe Clay)

Don't believe O’Leary has it in him to be the #1 TE.  Still would have kept him, like what he’s done.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I really liked O’Leary.. He doesn’t jump out or stand out but just seemed to be a solid gamer. Made plays when asked to and seemed clutch when he was on the field. 

I’m sad to see him go I enjoyed rooting for him 

I generally concur with your comments, but that is one creepy avatar . . . 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

O'Leary did make some plays. I'm sure cutting him wasn't an easy decision. 

Croom got hurt last camp though if I recall, and Lee was already being utilized as our blocking TE with success. So I see how it all came together here. Maybe O'Leary should have stayed over Thomas but they must believe in Thomas and his measurables.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Shoulda been toast on a shingle.

4 G, 4 T, and Bodine listed as C

T are Dawkins, Mills, Newhouse, and McDermott

G are Ducasse, Miller, Groy, and Teller

Fugly bunch.

I like Dawkins and Teller. The rest are bad.

Wow, the Bills got a 5th for AJ??   LOL Jon Gruden...the way he's going, he's going to back in the booth in about 3 years. 

Like O'Leary, but he only really made 3 or 4 plays a year. 

Surprised Foster is still here, but I like it..he's raw but has potential.