Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I thought Thomas out-performed O’Leary this offseason/preseason. 

Plus I guess he is excellent in the meeting room & on the sidelines. There was just an article on it recently.  Check it out -

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/08/bills_tight_end_logan_thomas_using_qb_mindset_to_flourish.html

too bad games aren’t decided in the meeting room or sidelines.

O’Leary made several clutch grabs for us last year.... or am I just imagining that?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

O’Leary made several clutch grabs for us last year.... or am I just imagining that?

O'Leary did, but this is a "what have you done for me lately" world. I like O'Leary a lot, but he got replaced today by bigger faster guys who had a better camp.

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

When you are a depth or roster bubble player, it doesn’t really matter what you did last season, especially when it was with a totally different OC in a totally different offensive scheme. 

I liked O’leary and was rooting for him to make the team. But he did not have a very good preseason (or camp, from the reports iirc). For whatever reason, he just didn’t look as effective in this offense and he was outplayed by the other TE’s on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, scribo said:

O'Leary did, but this is a "what have you done for me lately" world. I like O'Leary a lot, but he got replaced today by bigger faster guys who had a better camp.

none of the other tight ends won the best te in the nation in college. his dependability will be severely missed if clay goes down.

i've been behind my faith in this mcfo from the beginning but.....

when i see a new regime seem to find a way to purge every player from the old regime, red flags start flying......

it seems as tho they are purposely disregarding the body of work....the availability and reliability of some players for no other logical reason other than they didn't bring him here.

oleary was a much needed piece on this offense and will be badly missed. i'm sorry i haven't been through all the cuts and news yet, but this is gonna bite us in the ass....for no good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

none of the other tight ends won the best te in the nation in college. his dependability will be severely missed if clay goes down.

i've been behind my faith in this mcfo from the beginning but.....

when i see a new regime seem to find a way to purge every player from the old regime, red flags start flying......

it seems as tho they are purposely disregarding the body of work....the availability and reliability of some players for no other logical reason other than they didn't bring him here.

oleary was a much needed piece on this offense and will be badly missed. i'm sorry i haven't been through all the cuts and news yet, but this is gonna bite us in the ass....for no good reason.

O'Leary is JAG who will not be missed at all in the new offense.  Upgrade time with better receivers/blockers in Croom, Thomas, and Lee. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

O'Leary is JAG who will not be missed at all in the new offense.  Upgrade time with better receivers/blockers in Croom, Thomas, and Lee. 

I really dont have a way to prove this....but I think OLeary got cut because he did not come along as a blocker the way the bills wanted him to.....

He makes catches....but so do the TE's that were kept....Logan Thomas came along as a blocker.....and he has all the prototype height....speed....size...etc etc

Croom is a BIG wide receiver....they list him as a TE but he is really a H back....and it will be interesting to see how he does this year.   O'Leary never had the wingspan...speed...etc etc that Croom obviously does have.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

croom and thomas good blockers......ummmm...lee maybe but he's not much more than a lee smith. i'm just pissed that guys that i had hopes for are getting kicked to the curb and it looks like it's all because...they didn't draft him, bring him in or whatever. as a bills fan, i've seen it a thousand times before and as much as i don't want to feel this way about mcbeane, this is always a huge red flag and when something smells whaleyish, i get worried.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

croom and thomas good blockers......ummmm...lee maybe but he's not much more than a lee smith. i'm just pissed that guys that i had hopes for are getting kicked to the curb and it looks like it's all because...they didn't draft him, bring him in or whatever. as a bills fan, i've seen it a thousand times before and as much as i don't want to feel this way about mcbeane, this is always a huge red flag and when something smells whaleyish, i get worried.

Whaley signed Thomas so your theory doesn't fly. 

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Logan Thomas signed during Whaley's era?

Thomas_Tank_Engine_1.JPG

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont have a way to prove this....but I think OLeary got cut because he did not come along as a blocker the way the bills wanted him to.....

He makes catches....but so do the TE's that were kept....Logan Thomas came along as a blocker.....and he has all the prototype height....speed....size...etc etc

Croom is a BIG wide receiver....they list him as a TE but he is really a H back....and it will be interesting to see how he does this year.   O'Leary never had the wingspan...speed...etc etc that Croom obviously does have.

neither one of these guys will catch near as many balls as oleary did last year.....combined.    they may have looked good in camp but ....here come the no. defenses and planning thing.....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I might have missed something- preseason doesnot excite me- but did we keep an undrafted wr who caught one ball all preseason? I have not seen fosters name me tioned as cut.

Yup we kept Foster over Coleman,  Holmes over Streater.    I'm ok with TE. Logan T is almost like an extra coach and he is helping everyone improve. We made a few head scratching decisions this off-season. I hope we do not implode. We need to make a few moves this week.

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

neither one of these guys will catch near as many balls as oleary did last year.....combined.    they may have looked good in camp but ....here come the no. defenses and planning thing.....

Those 22 catches will doom the bills.

Ralph is cheap!

I think people need to realize that money plays a factor in keeping Holmes and the fact he is a vet.  Idk why people are loosing their minds about a UDFA in B. Reily.  He was undrafted for a reason.  Is there a possibility that maybe Zay can live up to his 2nd round tag? Is it possible that they see foster with more upside than Reily? Is it possible that Rod Streater just isn’t that good? We have to believe that the organization knows what they are doing.  Also, maybe having a QB in peterman can get the ball to receivers.  All in all trust the process.  

22 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I really wouldn't mind bringing in Tanner Gentry for a look...had great chemistry with Allen.

maybe you should start a thread

56 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I'm thinking of starting a thread called:

"Some Scrub Just Got Cut, Should the Bills Sign Him?"

Seems to a popular topic.

it's what we do here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

I think people need to realize that money plays a factor in keeping Holmes and the fact he is a vet.  Idk why people are loosing their minds about a UDFA in B. Reily.  He was undrafted for a reason.  Is there a possibility that maybe Zay can live up to his 2nd round tag? Is it possible that they see foster with more upside than Reily? Is it possible that Rod Streater just isn’t that good? We have to believe that the organization knows what they are doing.  Also, maybe having a QB in peterman can get the ball to receivers.  All in all trust the process.  

We're fans we don't have to trust the process.

But as for Reilly.........he had 2 concussions last  preseason and was immediately hurt again in preseason this year.     I think in our lifetimes we all meet people who are just prone to getting hurt.......they just don't seem to have a physical awareness of how to avoid banging their head on a shelf or smashing their thumb when using tools etc..........watching him play the last two preseasons Reilly strikes me as one of those guys that doesn't know how to protect himself.     Being able to make plays while not getting yourself KTFO'd is a skill an NFL WR needs to have.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

Croom has looked legit, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was Clays replacement.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Yup we kept Foster over Coleman,  Holmes over Streater.    I'm ok with TE. Logan T is almost like an extra coach and he is helping everyone improve. We made a few head scratching decisions this off-season. I hope we do not implode. We need to make a few moves this week.

Streater has to beat Holmes on special team if he wanted the job