Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's curtains for Colton Schmidt.

Curious...

Bojorquez flashed a huge leg during August practices, but his ball placement wasn't always precise. His training camp reps were inconsistent.

At least the Patriots had four exhibition games to evaluate the young fella.

And yet....the final tally for preseason punts is an interesting one: Ryan Allen 22, Corey Bojorquez 0.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/08/patriots_punter_corey_bojorquez_just_hoping_for_the_best_after

The Bills on Sunday claimed former Patriots punter Corey Bojorquez and former Patriots CB Ryan Lewis off waivers, a source told ESPN's Field Yates. Bojorquez, who did not punt this preseason for New England, will likely replace Colton Schmidt at punter. Lewis adds depth at cornerback and will fill the open 53-man roster spot after Buffalo cut down to 52 players Saturday. The Bills tried to sign Lewis off the Patriots' practice squad last season but he elected to stay in New England,

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bills had four of their cuts claimed. Redmond and Boetger are two. 

Shows you how tough it is to get O lineman in this league.

All this "we'll have plenty of money for OL in free agency" is not a sure thing either.

2019 Buffalo Bills signed OL

Bodine

Dawkins

McDermott

Ducasse

Teller

.............that's it.

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Strange that the Bills seem to lack talent and adequate reserves yet we lose four players to waivers (so far) including a LB, center and guard.

Good point. I also can’t think of less “ sexy” waiver wire claims for this team than CB and P. 

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Brandon Beane obsessed with punters. Worry about O line and wr and u won't need to worry about ur punter. 

It’s a league wide problem , not just Bills. There are few quality O linemen available , few College programs churn out NFL ready linemen and the Bills are in cap purgatory this year. Tough situation to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Ittakestime obsessed with every move Beane makes. What did he have for supper last night?

Lol. Wonder if he worked in a morning deuce 

23 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

They must really be unhappy with Schmidtt yet are having problems finding someone to take his job.

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Brandon Beane obsessed with punters. Worry about O line and wr and u won't need to worry about ur punter. 

What an awful post.

There were dozens of players claimed off waivers. Teams have until later today to make corresponding cuts. So a different wave of players will be available. Hopefully some vets that barely hung on with some teams now thought to be unnecessary. Bills don't really have to release anyone but Schmidt

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s a league wide problem , not just Bills. There are few quality O linemen available , few College programs churn out NFL ready linemen and the Bills are in cap purgatory this year. Tough situation to deal with. 

****, even some of the top linemen taken recently aren't that good, like Laremy Tunsil down in Miami. 

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bills had four of their cuts claimed. Redmond and Boetger are two. Clay makes three. 

...just curious bud....does it mean we may have had some potential talent in camp....OR....teams are casting a wide net...OR....a non-issue?................

Evan SilvaVerified account @evansilva 3m3 minutes ago

#Cowboys used trade (Parker Ehinger) & waiver claim (Adam Redmond) to add a guard & center in the last 72 hours, outwardly confirming internal concern over the state of their interior offensive line.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Evan SilvaVerified account @evansilva 3m3 minutes ago

#Cowboys used trade (Parker Ehinger) & waiver claim (Adam Redmond) to add a guard & center in the last 72 hours, outwardly confirming internal concern over the state of their interior offensive line.

The Not For Long league indeed.   Two years ago, the 'Boys were thought to have the best OL in football...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just curious bud....does it mean we may have had some potential talent in camp....OR....teams are casting a wide net...OR....a non-issue?................

Really hard to say. Guys like Redmond and Boetger other teams scouted and saw something or same thing Bills saw that made them sign these guys in first place. So they think maybe it didn't work out there but our coaches can work with these guys. Every team is looking for depth and guys to develop. 

Kaelin Clay was another guy we cut who was claimed. He keeps getting cut and signed. Teams know what he brings. 

Tanner Viejo was the fourth. Has some talent and some upside but I'm not sure why anyone would automatically put him on 53. Browns did. But theyre the Browns

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Really hard to say. Guys like Redmond and Boetger other teams scouted and saw something or same thing Bills saw that made them sign these guys in first place. So they think maybe it didn't work out there but our coaches can work with these guys. Every team is looking for depth and guys to develop. 

Kaelin Clay was another guy we cut who was claimed. He keeps getting cut and signed. Teams know what he brings. 

Tanner Viejo was the fourth. Has some talent and some upside but I'm not sure why anyone would automatically put him on 53. Browns did. But theyre the Browns

....assessment nicely done!....thanks.....:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's curtains for Colton Schmidt.

Not necessarily.  The kid they claimed didn't even punt in the preseason. Likely just a flier, he doesn't work out nothing lost.

On the other hand, if I'm Schmidt I can see how much they want to replace me, I think I go full on Corey Coleman and demand a trade. (Or in a punters case...release. Only Gettleman would trade for a punter,these days)

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Not necessarily.  The kid they claimed didn't even punt in the preseason. Likely just a flier, he doesn't work out nothing lost.

On the other hand, if I'm Schmidt I can see how much they want to replace me, I think I go full on Corey Coleman and demand a trade. (Or in a punters case...release. Only Gettleman would trade for a punter,these days)

It's one helluva signal that they aren't satisfied with his game. That much is for darned sure.