Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

It makes sense. AJ and Nate are very similar QBs. If Nate can’t have success behind this o line, AJ isn’t likely to either. 

So, if Nate fails it ain’t like AJ is going to come in and save the season. So at that point you may as well get Allen the reps I gusss. 

My only concern is hurting Allen’s Confidence and progression as a QB. 

Playing your QB behind a crappy OL isn’t going to hurt their confidence or progression if they’re any good. The only risk is the risk of serious injury. The QB is either a good player or he isn’t. 

On August 31, 2018 at 11:18 AM, pi2000 said:

I'm pretty sure they'll keep 3 QBs.   

They're not cutting Allen or Peterman, but they need AJ's veteran presence.... and Beane signed him this offseason, so it would fly in his face if he cut him.

My guess is that Beane isn't concerned about 'saving face'. If admitting a mistake means winning more games, that would save face far more than hanging onto a guy that isn't making it happen. People always accuse GM's of this when they couldn't possibly guess the GM's true motivation.  Why do so many assume that NFL GM's are so petty?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t think it had anything to do with how they feel about Allen. McCarron was 3rd best all preseason and they needed to get rid of the contract. He wasn’t going to be a QB3 and Allen definitely wasn’t going to be either. He had to go . 

I thought they should have kept 3. peterman and AJM are very similar in pocket presence and type of thrower.
 The cap hit ??
i suggest he did Not Have to Go.  More to this move than first meets the imho

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I thought they should have kept 3. peterman and AJM are very similar in pocket presence and type of thrower.
 The cap hit ??
i suggest he did Not Have to Go.  More to this move than first meets the imho

Too much $$ for a QB3. I don’t think they’ll carry 3 QBs . They didn’t last year anyway, 3 was Joe Webb. Braxton Miller maybe and could double as a QB 3 ? McCarron can’t do anything else, he was only useful if he won the QB1 job to start the year. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Too much $$ for a QB3. I don’t think they’ll carry 3 QBs . They didn’t last year anyway, 3 was Joe Webb. Braxton Miller maybe and could double as a QB 3 ? McCarron can’t do anything else, he was only useful if he won the QB1 job to start the year. 

Thats the thing Boat.

I would have thought Beanes brought him in as #1 or #2 depending on the draft. They spent enough money to solidify him as number 2. did Bills underestimate Peterman or over estimate McCarron ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I have reported Folks for using big words before. I am not adverse to the same here.

I always wonder, why use big words when a diminutive one would do?  

Edit - Sorry, beaten to the joke by a few seconds.  Doh.

Edited by sleeby

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

League office. 

Correct, and the league notifies the teams, and that's when wire claims can be made.   There's no competitive advantage to holding off a public announcement.  In any event, the agents start calling as soon as players are cut.