Someone, reach out to Richie!!!

Paulus

The OP needs to follow the news. Richie needs medical attention, not to mention he has had so many offseason issues he would be an immediate sign and suspenion

richie.jpg

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The guy who had a bunch of guns and wanted to cut his dad's head off for research.... You think one more of football is going to fix that mess? The guy already had another year of football lined up, retired, asked to be cut, and unretired. One more year of football isn't what he needs at all.

I was one of the ones who thought he was just an ass, but the guy clearly needs medical attention for mental health issues at this point. Not football.

And his mental health comes second to your football team? What happens if he kills someone or himself? He's trending in a direction where he might cause harm to others. As a member of society, yea, that concerns me more than the awful play of the o line in preseason games.

It was sarcasm. 

The only person that needs to reach out to Richie is someone to schedule an intervention with him.

At this point if he was still playing for the Bills I wouldn't be surprised if he turned around and sacked the QB himself when the ball was snapped.

If you’ve followed the headlines about Richie the past few month, you know there’s a good

chance he’s not all there.  Whether it’s depression or CTE or behavior brought on by whatever substance, it seems he should focus on getting his together before he tries to play football.  

Even if Richie and the Bills somehow reconciled and wants to get back to together, I'm thinking the NFL would suspend him for eight games considering his recent run-ins with the law and his past suspension.

• Like (+1) 1

Bring him back!  Chain him up to a weight bench with nothing light enough to throw within reach.  Unleash him on the opposing defenses after a lot of propaganda as to how much of a dangerous animal he is.  Let them fear.  Maybe smash up his car and leave logos for next week's team on it framing their fans as the culprits. Think fast times at ridgemont high.  We can make this work!  Prove me wrong.  /S

Edited by sleeby

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If teams start eliminating players with a ton of guns, there won't be much of a league left.

They could call it the John McKay approach... could add a new, albeit short-lived, element of excitement to the league.

10 hours ago, Buftex said:

There are rumors out there that Richie started acting very erratic, in his final months on the Bills squad..so much so that he was banned from team facilities before he was cut.  I think the Incognito ship has truly sailed...his NFL career is over.

It sure looks that way but i'm glad the Bills got the best of Ritchie & not the worst !! It's to bad because while he was here he seemed to be a real good guy & team mate !

I wonder if he ever reached out to E. Wood or Shady while all this stuff was going on ? We've heard the stuff that Incognito said he leaned on Wood a bit when he first came here ...

Good luck Ritchie .

11 hours ago, Paulus said:

Idc, he was such a beautiful monster OG for the Bills. He needs a team, and the team needs him!

I have seen many, many people throw themselves into their job after a tragedy. He would mentally benefit from being given a purpose again. He is Samurai without a Shogun. 

Bills need him, too. Fooseball needs him. 

giphy.gif

For reals?!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

For reals?!?!?!?!

Franchise record for rushing TDs and Shady gives him the ball to spike!!!

I wish McBeane would not have disrespected his loyal employee...

I have seen many people who are having to deal with death and tragedy come back stronger than ever before when given a purpose. Richie needs that purpose, and well, you saw that "O-line" face an actual scrimmage. That is "for reals!"

Does anyone want to ask WTH is going on at OBD? Kujo naked in the fields, Richie losing it, Zay trying to fly, Shady allegedly sending goons to his ex's, Poyer getting blasted for something, Wood vanishing (probably not related, but perhaps), etc. 

Look, Richie has always had issues, and dealing with the Bills frapping on him before his father's death hit him hard. He needs a family and the Bills' family needs him.

I mean, I'd replace everyone on the O-line with him in a heartbeat. 

Just because someting isn't traditionally done, does not mean it shouldn't be done. That type of logic is for the pedestrian in society. 

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Richie is never playing in the NFL again. He will be lucky if he stays out of jail. Sad to see what has been happening. 

"Because, TV & Twitter told me so!"

Ugh, people...

Just now, Paulus said:

Franchise record for rushing TDs and Shady gives him the ball to spike!!!

I wish McBeane would not have disrespected his loyal employee...

I have seen many people who are having to deal with death and tragedy come back stronger than ever before when given a purpose. Richie needs that purpose, and well, you saw that "O-line" face an actual scrimmage. That is "for reals!"

Does anyone want to ask WTH is going on at OBD? Kujo naked in the fields, Richie losing it, Zay trying to fly, Shady allegedly sending goons to his ex's, Poyer getting blasted for something, Wood vanishing (probably not related, but perhaps), etc. 

Look, Richie has always had issues, and dealing with the Bills frapping on him before his father's death hit him hard. He needs a family and the Bills' family needs him.

I mean, I'd replace everyone on the O-line with him in a heartbeat. 

Just because someting isn't traditionally done, does not mean it shouldn't be done. That type of logic is for the pedestrian in society. 

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."

You got it bad, man.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

OMG, the guy had a breakdown at his father's funeral. Are you for real? Am I the only person who can understand a breakdown as a loved one dies? 

3 minutes ago, Paulus said:

OMG, the guy had a breakdown at his father's funeral. Are you for real? Am I the only person who can understand a breakdown as a loved one dies? 

And what about this one???

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richie-incognito-undergoing-involuntary-medical-evaluation-after-reported-fight-at-gym/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-spt-nfl-richie-incognito-mental-hospital-20180525-story.html

Edited by wppete

Just now, wppete said:

Getting screwed by your employer while your pops is dying is pretty rough. I feel like kicking some of those machine hogs (mainly the women who do 1000 squates at the squat rack with just the bar, but the cross-fit gasbags bug too) all the time. I don't. But, I wasn't being screwed like Richie was, nor am I the monster some NFL players are. 

Dude, obviously took the stress hard. Sad, the Bills won't likely salvage the relationship, as they certainly have not salvaged the traffic cones at "O-line." 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is the saddest and thirstiest thread in the history of this board.  

Nah, I have defended Richie since his racist texts came out. I get the nature of a jockular environment, and have seen friends lost to suicide. Y'all just have no life expirience. 

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

Did anyone ever hear what the results of those evaluations were?  I'm pretty sure If he had been adjudicated mentally Ill, he'd never have been allowed to own/keep his firearms.

14 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I've been to a few funerals for friends and loved ones and never attacked anyone.

that's not what normal people do.

Paulus

Richie needs medical help.. He doesn't belong anywhere near a football field... You can not possibly ignore the multiple clashes he has had that have included police involvement.

Even if we brought him back he would be suspended immediately

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richie-incognito-drops-f-bomb-on-twitter-goes-nuclear-on-vikings-coach-mike-zimmer/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-docs-richie-incognito-seemed-to-think-he-worked-for-nsa-attacked-man-at-gym/

https://www.businessinsider.com/richie-incognito-police-report-altered-state-gym-incident-2018-5

Edited by ddaryl

19 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Getting screwed by your employer while your pops is dying is pretty rough. I feel like kicking some of those machine hogs (mainly the women who do 1000 squates at the squat rack with just the bar, but the cross-fit gasbags bug too) all the time. I don't. But, I wasn't being screwed like Richie was, nor am I the monster some NFL players are. 

Dude, obviously took the stress hard. Sad, the Bills won't likely salvage the relationship, as they certainly have not salvaged the traffic cones at "O-line." 

Nah, I have defended Richie since his racist texts came out. I get the nature of a jockular environment, and have seen friends lost to suicide. Y'all just have no life expirience. 

As to getting "screwed" by the Bills that is assuming a lot without knowing a lot of detail.  The modern NFL team employs private investigators to keep an eye on problematic players.  I recall this being mentioned during our SB years with players such as Bruce Smith.  Our FO I would imagine was made aware of RI's increasing erraticism and accordingly hedged their bets on RI for the upcoming season.  Would I do such a thing if I were in Berne's position?  Probably not but maybe the whole idea was to catch Richie's attention with that move in that he needed to get his life in order.

22 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

@Paulus

I am a huge fan of his football skills, and love that first GIF. I still can't understand why the Bills brass asked him, of all the players, to take a paycut! He was MONEY opening holes for Shady. And I am one that thinks football gave him a purpose and a surrounding that was very beneficial to his mental health. Except of course for the head trauma, as CTE *might* be the reason or one of the reasons behind his erratic behavior. Sad to say, but he's too far gone now, and while football could be beneficial to him, too late now and he needs help for sure.

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

@Paulus

Man, F-bombs on Twitter... I hate what this world has become. 

tumblr_odkj0hCOWv1txu1kho1_400.gif

Only a truely stupid person would condemn a man from having a breakdown at their father's funeral. 

Only a truely stupid person. 

tumblr_odkj0hCOWv1txu1kho1_400.gif

And, there is absolutely no reason for the NFL to bring punitive action on someone for recieving medical attention. He ALLEGEDLY threw a weight as someone at a gym. I think there would be a lawsuit if there was actually any injury. The Twitter gnats would be all over that. 

big_whoop_futurama.gif

3 hours ago, scribo said:

Even if Richie and the Bills somehow reconciled and wants to get back to together, I'm thinking the NFL would suspend him for eight games considering his recent run-ins with the law and his past suspension.

1) I doubt there will be any reconciliation.

2) If there was, the NFL may.

#) If the NFL did, they would look a little bad considering they would be punishing a man for having a mental breakdown, agruagbly due to CTE/crappy emplyer actions/father dying.

4) I can see the NFL denying him based on medical concerns.

Edited by Paulus

7 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Last thing he needs is to be on a team. First thing he needs is a true friend to reach out to him and get him help. It is a sad thing to see him go so far from sane. Real sad.

Right.  And the Buffalo Bills organization, as a whole, has no resources available for helping Richie.

:doh:

• Thank you (+1) 1

No one knows for sure what is wrong with Richie, but I had hoped his involuntary psychiatric hold in May would get him the help he needs because the man is not mentally well. Nor is he suited to playing professional football. It's bizarre that he's training hard, but continuing to act out.  I hope he has a moment of clarity to see that he needs help.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Paulus said:

Idc, he was such a beautiful monster OG for the Bills. He needs a team, and the team needs him!

I have seen many, many people throw themselves into their job after a tragedy. He would mentally benefit from being given a purpose again. He is Samurai without a Shogun. 

Bills need him, too. Fooseball needs him.

As the Shanty goes:

They say old man your horse will die,
And they say so, and they hope so.
Oh, poor old man your horse will die,
Oh, poor old man!

For thirty one hundred and one days I've ridden him,
And when he dies we'll tan his skin,
Oh, poor old man!

And if he lives, I'll ride him again,
I'll ride him with a tighter rein,
Oh, poor old man!

It's up aloft the horse must go,
We'll hoist him up and bury him low,
Oh, poor old man!

(not sure of the day count since Bills released 'Cog)

I Get It.  Our OL looked like trash.  It's tempting to think that 'Cog could turn it around.

But recall that previously, when the Bills signed 'Cog and he did well by them, he had spent a season and a half out of football, "on the wagon" from various drugs/alcohol and having undergone some serious rehab and mental health programs.

That is not where 'Cog is right now.  It may not be where he's been since before the Jax playoff game.

IMO where 'Cog needs to be right now is in a rehab/mental health program getting his head and his life together, not in the stress of an NFL season.