Coleman pondered options? Hmmm

Interesting tweet from Shefter..

Despite pondering his options, WR Corey Coleman reported to the Bills, passed his physical and the trade is now complete: Coleman for Buffalo’s 7th-round pick in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Wasn't there a player that was traded to the Bills, i think it may have been from Browns, not sure, but disappeared?  Never reported and is out of the league now?

Dri Archer picked him up off waivers

• Thank you (+1) 2

Adam Schefter's source is almost certainly Coleman's agent. I wouldn't trust a word that an agent says about their client. This doesn't make any sense in light of the press interview he gave and his instagram post last night about having something to prove.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Adam Schefter's source is almost certainly Coleman's agent. I wouldn't trust a word that an agent says about their client. This doesn't make any sense in light of the press interview he gave and his instagram post last night about having something to prove.

Moot point in any case. He's a Buffalo Bill now. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It blows my mind when guys who are nearly out the league act like they have options.  Coleman needs to shut his mouth and prove he belongs in the nfl before he can ponder his options.

<..........comment deleted by Moderator .............>

Is there even a quote of Coleman saying anything for you to be that excited?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Options? He prefers being in Cleveland? Tyrod does throw a nice deep ball on occasion but.. More often than it he is going to tuck it and run. A WR looking for a big contract would be happier with Peterman throwing to him than Tyrod (he of 1 career 300 yd game). Just saying.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It blows my mind when guys who are nearly out the league act like they have options.  Coleman needs to shut his mouth and prove he belongs in the nfl before he can ponder his options.

What did he say? Did you hear him say it?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Maybe Dorsey had 2 options with same compensation and he gave him a Choice

This is a possibility......a much too do about nothing.

The bills are a playoff team the year prior.....he is coming from the browns.

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean like he did today when he was talking to the reporters?

Come on man

21 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Options? He prefers being in Cleveland? Tyrod does throw a nice deep ball on occasion but.. More often than it he is going to tuck it and run. A WR looking for a big contract would be happier with Peterman throwing to him than Tyrod (he of 1 career 300 yd game). Just saying.

No WR prefers Peterman to Tyrod. Maybe a CB prefers playing Peterman, but no WR chooses him over Tyrod or just about ny other QB in the league. If Peterman starts we easily have the worst QB in the leage. 

3 minutes ago, Madd Charlie said:

considering the news about Callaway recently I bet the Browns offered to cancel the trade if he wanted to come back.

You can't renig on a trade, the only thing would have prevented us from owning Coleman's rights is his failing a physical. I have a feeling the Browns told him, we can cut you or trade you to Buffalo, he chose us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Wasn't there a player that was traded to the Bills, i think it may have been from Browns, not sure, but disappeared?  Never reported and is out of the league now?

There's another one: Back in the 1980s the Bills were the laughingstock of the league, having lost 1st rounder Jim Kelly to the USFL & losing Joe Cribbs to the USFL and coming off a 2-14 season.  The Bills had the top pick in the supplemental draft in 1985 & traded it to Cleveland.  Amazingly, back in those days, Bernie Kosar was able to maneuver his way to the supplemental draft BEFORE the NFL draft was held, so the Bills/Cleveland deal was made almost 3 weeks before the regular NFL draft.  One part of the deal was LB Chip Banks, who refused to go to the Bills.  When Banks refused to report, Cleveland shipped their 1st rounder in  1985 (their 1986 1st rounder had already been included in the deal) to the Bills instead.  The Bills then traded it (pick 7) to Green Bay for GB's 1st (pick 14) and 2nd.  The Bills took Derrick Burroughs & Chris Burkett with the 2 picks from GB. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

You can't renig on a trade, the only thing would have prevented us from owning Coleman's rights is his failing a physical. I have a feeling the Browns told him, we can cut you or trade you to Buffalo, he chose us.

If he is cut then he has to negotiate a new deal with a new team which would probably be less than his original rookie deal.  No?  Going with us would guarantee his salary.  Maybe he had his agent put out feelers and they were all coming back negative.