EXACTLY why I think Beane blew the '18 draft. -Rd. 1

#34fan

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

****LONG POST, but worth it, (i think)****

Some of you have gotten riled over my takes on these draft picks... You may think it's a matter of me simply  "not liking" these players, or "favoring" others which is total bullsh_t. I didn't like this draft because I saw a legit chance for this team to grab generational talent... The kids that get you to superbowls. -All OBD had to do, was NOT take the bait!  Justifiably, some of you are asking for an explanation, which I'll gladly provide in a round-by-round format.

Rd. 1

Josh Allen, 7th overall...Cost #12 #53 and #56 pick

In a word? -Disastrous. I didn't think any 2018 QB's could help BUF's situation, but I found this pick to be particularly bad. Not a single D1 program thought anything of this kid coming out of H.S.... In fairness, they could have missed something... Happens all the time.. Except no one liked him coming out of JC either! He ended up at WYO, but really wanted to play at Fresno State!

How bad did Allen want to play at Fresno State???

-Josh Allen wanted to play at Fresno State so bad, he wrote them a "pitch" letter throwing shade on a shorter, lighter, competitor. -It didn't work.

This is a kid, who in his BEST year as a D1 QB (2016) threw 28 TD's, AND led the Mountain West Conference with 15 picks! He's been a sub 60% passer at every playing level. -High School, JC, and College. He NEVER led WYO to a collegiate record better than 8-5! -Really? -Against such vaunted competition as San Jose State, and New Mexico?  Allen didn't throw as many picks (6) his final year, but his production as a passer also decreased dramatically from 3203 passing yards in '16 to 1812 passing yards in '17... I'll concede that sheer arm strength makes Allen an intriguing prospect, but ANY other year, and this kid is a mid-late 2nd round pick. However, the manipulative shield would have it's way. -With us, unfortunately.

Tremaine Edmunds, 16th overall... Cost #22 and #65

A pick I wasn't very fond of... Big guy? -Check. Fast guy? -Check. Tremendous athlete in general? -Check?  Personally, I don't think he diagnoses well enough (at his level)to merit the sacrifice... He frequently bit hard on fakes and mis-directions at the collegiate level... Plays won't get any easier to diagnose in the pros, and there's a chance he'll get exposed a lot... I can definitely see him as a passrusher ... Maybe stand-up 4-3 DE... My concern is that once these flaws are exposed, the coaching staff won't be able to effectively re-purpose his skill set.

What we missed out on.

We stay put at 12, there's a clear shot at the best DT prospect, I think, since Marcell Dareus. -Da'ron Payne(#13 to WAS)... Even if Beane was just looking at NFL draft grades, he would have seen a significantly higher one for this kid... "Pro-bowl potential" is what I read on his breakdown... But hey,  -f___k what the self-interested league thinks! Let's look at film, and this kid's production in games.-Which is NUTS...  If there's a D-Tackle in CFB with a quicker get-off I sure  haven't seen it! -You won't see a ton of sacks because Payne spent the last two season soaking up the run, and drawing double teams at NT so other guys could finish...  He simply couldn't be single-blocked at the collegiate level... Harrison Phillips is a VERY good player, but Payne is just a phenomenon for an interior DL. 

Had we we stayed put at 22, Stud Tackle Isaiah Wynn (#23 to NE) was waiting along with WR DJ Moore (#24 to CAR)  -Either pick helps this team win games from day one!  Wynn is an absolute mauler who finished a fabulous season (including the Senior Bowl) with a torn Labrum! This kid is going to keep your QB dry for YEARS, plus build a standard the rest of the line will have to follow! -BUF's O-line is in tatters after the departure of Wood, Glenn and Incognito...  However, If Wynn's injury scared you off, DJ Moore, had a skill set coveted by many NFL teams... Elite speed in pads, elusiveness, YAC for days... and reliable hands that consistently make difficult catches... In three years, this kid had 8 different QB's throwing to him including 3 true freshmen, and STILL was big-ten receiver of the year in 2017.  Who DOESN'T want that on their team?   -Brandon Beane. That's who. :(

Now flame your little hearts away.

The only thing more shocking than Josh Allen being passed over by every major FBS program, is you being passed over by every single NFL front office.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I will wait and see with Allen obviously but woof:

Last year, Wyoming finished 119th in passing S&P+ out of 130 teams in FBS. That will be the lowest rank ever for a quarterback chosen in the top 100 picks of the NFL draft. Yes, I know, Allen wasn’t playing with a bunch of NFL-bound talent around him. He also wasn’t facing a lot of NFL-bound talent on defense. The average opponent faced by Wyoming ranked just 83.5 in pass defense S&P+. Allen’s performance against top opponents was brutal. He threw two picks with no touchdowns against Iowa, with just 4.35 yards per attempt. He completed just 9-of-24 passes with 64 yards and a pick against Oregon. He completed 44 percent of passes with two picks and only 131 yards against Boise State

Stats are stats, while helpful, they can be misleading.  I can easily find great stats for college Qbs that didn't pan out for various reasons in the NFL.  And if you get time, go compare Josh Allen's and Carson Wentz's college stats...they are very similar.

Point being, there is so much more involved in this process, and we as fans can usually only fall back on stats to support our opinions.  I would recommend trusting the Gm and coach that just provided the m pay memorable season to Bills fans, in quite some time.  I believe they have us on the right path, but only time will tell

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Some of you have gotten riled over my takes on these draft picks... You may think it's a matter of me simply  "not liking" these players, or "favoring" others which is total bullsh_t. I didn't like this draft because I saw a legit chance for this team to grab generational talent... The kids that get you to superbowls. -All OBD had to do, was NOT take the bait!  Justifiably, some of you are asking for an explanation, which I'll gladly provide in a round-by-round format.

Rd. 1

In a word? -Disastrous. I didn't think any 2018 QB's could help BUF's situation, but I found this pick to be particularly bad. Not a single D1 program thought anything of this kid coming out of H.S.... In fairness, they could have missed something... Happens all the time.. Except no one liked him coming out of JC either! He ended up at WYO, but really wanted to play at Fresno State!

-Josh Allen wanted to play at Fresno State so bad, he wrote them a "pitch" letter throwing shade on a shorter, lighter, competitor. -It didn't work.

This is a kid, who in his BEST year as a D1 QB (2016) threw 28 TD's, AND led the Mountain West Conference with 15 picks! He's been a sub 60% passer at every playing level. -High School, JC, and College. He NEVER led WYO to a collegiate record better than 8-5! -Really? -Against such vaunted competition as San Jose State, and New Mexico?  Allen didn't throw as many picks (6) his final year, but his production as a passer also decreased dramatically from 3203 passing yards in '16 to 1812 passing yards in '17... I'll concede that sheer arm strength makes Allen an intriguing prospect, but ANY other year, and this kid is a mid-late 2nd round pick. However, the manipulative shield would have it's way. -With us, unfortunately.

A pick I wasn't very fond of... Big guy? -Check. Fast guy? -Check. Tremendous athlete in general? -Check?  Personally, I don't think he diagnoses well enough (at his level)to merit the sacrifice... He frequently bit hard on fakes and mis-directions at the collegiate level... Plays won't get any easier to diagnose in the pros, and there's a chance he'll get exposed a lot... I can definitely see him as a passrusher ... Maybe stand-up 4-3 DE... My concern is that once these flaws are exposed, the coaching staff won't be able to effectively re-purpose his skill set.

What we missed out on.

We stay put at 12, there's a clear shot at the best DT prospect, I think, since Marcell Dareus. -Da'ron Payne(#13 to WAS)... Even if Beane was just looking at NFL draft grades, he would have seen a significantly higher one for this kid... "Pro-bowl potential" is what I read on his breakdown... But hey,  -f___k what the self-interested league thinks! Let's look at film, and this kid's production in games.-Which is NUTS...  If there's a D-Tackle in CFB with a quicker get-off I sure  haven't seen it! -You won't see a ton of sacks because Payne spent the last two season soaking up the run, and drawing double teams at NT so other guys could finish...  He simply couldn't be single-blocked at the collegiate level... Harrison Phillips is a VERY good player, but Payne is just a phenomenon for an interior DL. 

Had we we stayed put at 22, Stud Tackle Isaiah Wynn (#23 to NE) was waiting along with WR DJ Moore (#24 to CAR)  -Either pick helps this team win games from day one!  Wynn is an absolute mauler who finished a fabulous season (including the Senior Bowl) with a torn Labrum! This kid is going to keep your QB dry for YEARS, plus build a standard the rest of the line will have to follow! -BUF's O-line is in tatters after the departure of Wood, Glenn and Incognito...  However, If Wynn's injury scared you off, DJ Moore, had a skill set coveted by many NFL teams... Elite speed in pads, elusiveness, YAC for days... and reliable hands that consistently make difficult catches... In three years, this kid had 8 different QB's throwing to him including 3 true freshmen, and STILL was big-ten receiver of the year in 2017.  Who DOESN'T want that on their team?   -Brandon Beane. That's who. :(

Now flame your little hearts away.

Sorry man I get these are your opinions but this screams of the Bills didn't take the QB I wanted so they're going to suck for 17 more years type of rant. So in your scenario we could of got an OT, so he's protecting our 5th round FA QB? And a WR (DJ Chark) with no franchise QB in place and state he'd start day 1, you saw how ready Zay Jones was starting day 1 yet Chark who's a 1 trick pony is going to field bombs from AJ McCarron? Man if you could only read what you're writing and how ludicrous it sounds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Allen is EJ 2.0.  

He has all the physical attributes you dream of.  Problem is he can't play QB.

Over time it will become obvious he doesn't have it and everyone here will start to clamor for a new QB.

Christ, Rex Ryan enjoyed a lot of support around here too when the hire was first announced.  

E7B65C0C-8E59-4260-B171-DD7CFE544FEC.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I do think this is a lazy take.  EJ played in a different offense - spread offense, and made half-field reads as I recall.

Allen is in an entirely different place as far as his understanding of the pro game and his ability to read a defense.  He can laser in throws EJ could only dream of.

Doesn't mean he'll succeed as an NFL QB as he is mighty raw in some regards.  Does mean EJM is not an apt comparison.

You know, I keep hearing this repeatedly, but I don't see it when I watch his game videos.   He's very often lined up in shotgun and sprinting out to one side, making it a half field read.  Even worse, that tendency/scheme makes him sloppy in his footwork because he's seldom standing calmly in a pocket  (that's also a function of his $hi*** offensive line), he's always on the run.

I don't see the ability to read defenses that keeps being attributed to Allen.   It just seems like a lot of group speak...

Until they play a down any judgement  is worthless and meaningless. I'm not fond of  the Allen pick either but he has to be given a fair chance.

If Allen turns out to be like Wentz, none of this matters.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Allen is EJ 2.0.  

Over time it will become obvious he doesn't have it and everyone here will start to clamor for a new QB.

Christ, Rex Ryan enjoyed a lot of support around here too when the hire was first announced.  

You absolutely do not know that but whateva

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

This post could have been much shorter.

God, I'm so alone.

There, saved you some words too.:thumbsup:

I couldn't help but notice the words "Round 1" in the title of this thread. Does that mean we get 6 more installments of the riveting series known as "exactly why I think Beane blew the draft"?! Surely we can't be that lucky!

• Haha (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You know, I keep hearing this repeatedly, but I don't see it when I watch his game videos.   He's very often lined up in shotgun and sprinting out to one side, making it a half field read.  Even worse, that tendency/scheme makes him sloppy in his footwork because he's seldom standing calmly in a pocket  (that's also a function of his $hi*** offensive line), he's always on the run.

I don't see the ability to read defenses that keeps being attributed to Allen.   It just seems like a lot of group speak...

Watch the senior bowl.

He takes off running a lot  because there is a timer in his head telling him to get rid of it quick, probably from his awful Oline-play in Wyoming.

When he finally settled down, the guy looked like Tom Brady on touch passes and Dan Marino on hard throws. He even flashed some Ben Rothlisberger on broken plays. He looked like an NFL all-pro.

At this point, I think he's playing like 2nd half Trent Edwards, so they need to calm him down into 1st half Trent Edwards. Don't throw him to the wolves!

Allen is going to have to be taught how to play Quarterback. I hope that the pessimism from the fan base doesn't force the team to play this kid before his 2nd or even 3rd year. Unfortunately, Allen is probably going to light up the Pre-season, and there will be idiots calling for him to start day 1.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 1

I greatly admire this kids heart and determination in knowing that he was turned down by 800+ schools and still found his way into a program to be the starting QB. Then once he got there he played well enough to have back to back winning seasons 8-6, 8-5 with his final season a bowl game win. Now go back and look at that program before Allen 2-10, 4-8, 5-7, 4-8

When he first got to Wyoming he was this scrawny 198lb weakling and grew into that big 240 lb frame.

EJ wishes he had Allen's arm and IQ.

The only thing that concerns me about this season is if the team is going to upgrade the offensive line after trading away Glenn and losing Incognito, Woods. That line is hot garbage now and no QB is going to play well unless it is fixed.

Oh, and I dunno know or understand why you think Beane "blew" the 2018 draft.  Yeah, he blew it alright, blew it out into outer space. Most every Bills fan on this board wanted Beane to trade up to the #2 spot to select Josh Rosen thus giving up the Bills two #1s, two #2s, two #3s and some even wanted to give up the 2019 first round pick too. 

Not only did Beane get the Bills future franchise QB in the first round he also got the best linebacker too. Two blue-chip players, he killed it! 

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Watch the senior bowl.

He takes off running a lot  because there is a timer in his head telling him to get rid of it quick, probably from his awful Oline-play in Wyoming.

When he finally settled down, the guy looked like Tom Brady on touch passes and Dan Marino on hard throws. He even flashed some Ben Rothlisberger on broken plays. He looked like an NFL all-pro.

At this point, I think he's playing like 2nd half Trent Edwards, so they need to calm him down into 1st half Trent Edwards. Don't throw him to the wolves!

Allen is going to have to be taught how to play Quarterback. I hope that the pessimism from the fan base doesn't force the team to play this kid before his 2nd or even 3rd year. Unfortunately, Allen is probably going to light up the Pre-season, and there will be idiots calling for him to start day 1.

There is very little chance Allen ( or any other top ten draft pick) gets even much into his 2nd year without becoming the starter. McCarron would have to be Favre- like for this to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well #34 we needed a freaking QB. So he spent a lot. Its time when went and got a QB. Yeah I know that last GM tried with EJ Manuel who couldn't throw a football over the offensive linemen's head. He was a terrible GM. I willing to bet your paycheck that this kid is much better than that last QB we had, which is now Cleveland's nightmare and certainly much better than EJ short arm. 

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I will wait and see with Allen obviously but woof:

Last year, Wyoming finished 119th in passing S&P+ out of 130 teams in FBS. That will be the lowest rank ever for a quarterback chosen in the top 100 picks of the NFL draft. Yes, I know, Allen wasn’t playing with a bunch of NFL-bound talent around him. He also wasn’t facing a lot of NFL-bound talent on defense. The average opponent faced by Wyoming ranked just 83.5 in pass defense S&P+. Allen’s performance against top opponents was brutal. He threw two picks with no touchdowns against Iowa, with just 4.35 yards per attempt. He completed just 9-of-24 passes with 64 yards and a pick against Oregon. He completed 44 percent of passes with two picks and only 131 yards against Boise State

He also went 9 of 13 for 158 yards,  with 2 TDs and 0 Ints in the Senior Bowl. Certainly not the be all,  end all,  but he was playing with (and against) a higher level of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Enough with the absolutes.  That's why OP catches so much flak, and he's not the only one.  All these statements about how we definately overpayed, or how someone will be a bust are grating.  If you can see into the future, buy winning lottery tickets, buy the team, and make any personel decisions you want.  If you cannot see into the future, stop talking as if you can.  Stop posting opinion as foregone conclusion.  Start saying things like "In a few years I believe Allen will be revealed as a bust." or "A few years from now I think it will be clear the 2018 draft was a bust."

Isn't that implied? You already know it's an opinion, so why do you need wasted words to clarify it?

7 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

He also went 9 of 13 for 158 yards,  with 2 TDs and 0 Ints in the Senior Bowl. Certainly not the be all,  end all,  but he was playing with (and against) a higher level of talent. 

Reads like a Trent Edwards stat line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Isn't that implied? You already know it's an opinion, so why do you need wasted words to clarify it?

Because people sound like complete fools when they don't. Seriously.

And there are people who do believe their opinions are facts. So you'll want to separate yourself from those idiots.

I believe our first round picks will have good NFL careers.  Won’t know for a few years though, so can’t sit here and talk in absolutes  they are boom OR bust.  

Aldo, can’t sit here and say a certain player would have been available if we picked in our original slots.  Teams constantly jump other teams when they believe a player is coveted by another team.  And who says those we missed on will pan out as productive NFL players??

On a different note, I’m not a fan of including the trade down in the cost; Allen moved #12 to #7 at a cost of pick #53 & #56, Edmunds, was a swop or #22 to #16 for pick #65. But that’s not your issue...

The swop down is a not an insubstantial increase in player value/ worth, only 6 teams have picked whomever they want prior, leaving the talent pool, less 6. Pick #12 is 1500points, #7 is 1200points. How much do you value what 300 points may get you, time will tell. 

(So doing the draft calculator the move #12 to #7 cost us about #49 in the 2nd Rd- if we had that pick. So a gamble cost us a 2nd Rd player on the ‘perceived’ player draft position and rankings worth. Again with Edmunds, the  swop of #22 to #16, cost us overall a gain of an additional 6th Rd, pick #190... 

Soooooo, all up Edmunds and Allen, a potential starting QB and 3down backer cost the worth of about #52 in the 2nd Rd of the draft rankings...   assuming we know that a 6th Rd not named Tom exists and that #1 overall isn’t a Couch or Russell- but this is just math from the ‘draft value board’.)

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Allen is EJ 2.0.  

Not from me he didn't.

I absolutely hated the hire and the ticket office could confirm I tried to cancel my seasons year 1 and did in year 2.

Back to the topic at hand....instead of labeling these guys as busts lets give the FO the benefit of the doubt here .

These kids haven't even taken a snap at OTA's

• Like (+1) 1

This really very much is a case of you not liking these guys. That's not bull ****. It's what's happening and it's why you're upset.

You could be right. Or you could be wrong. 

But one thing is for sure, which college he wanted to go to has absolutely zero to do with whether or not he'll be successful in the pros. Flat nothing.

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

This really very much is a case of you not liking these guys. That's not bull ****. It's what's happening and it's why you're upset.

You could be right. Or you could be wrong. 

But one thing is for sure, which college he wanted to go to has absolutely zero to do with whether or not he'll be successful in the pros. Flat nothing.

Preach on

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

I'll concede that sheer arm strength makes Allen an intriguing prospect, but ANY other year, and this kid is a mid-late 2nd round pick. However, the manipulative shield would have it's way. -With us, unfortunately.

I don't think your point here makes much sense.  Normally in a draft year with a lack of QB talent (perhaps 2019) guys tend to move up the board unnaturally.  That certainly wasn't true this year at all as teams had their pick of a number of talented players.

Rd. 1

In a word? -Disastrous (You seriously cant say this for sure because you or no one else knows how he will turn out.)I didn't think any 2018 QB's could help BUF's situation(LAUGHABLE), but I found this pick to be particularly bad. Not a single D1 program thought anything of this kid coming out of H.S.... In fairness, they could have missed something... Happens all the time.. Except no one liked him coming out of JC either! He ended up at WYO, but really wanted to play at Fresno State!

This is a kid, who in his BEST year as a D1 QB (2016) threw 28 TD's, AND led the Mountain West Conference with 15 picks! He's been a sub 60% passer at every playing level. -High School, JC, and College. He NEVER led WYO to a collegiate record better than 8-5! -Really? -Against such vaunted competition as San Jose State, and New Mexico?  Allen didn't throw as many picks (6) his final year, but his production as a passer also decreased dramatically from 3203 passing yards in '16 to 1812 passing yards in '17... I'll concede that sheer arm strength makes Allen an intriguing prospect (You concede him to be a intriguing prospect yet you say choosing him was bad), but ANY other year, and this kid is a mid-late 2nd round pick. However, the manipulative shield would have it's way. -With us, unfortunately.

A pick I wasn't very fond of... Big guy? -Check. Fast guy? -Check. Tremendous athlete in general? -Check?  Personally, I don't think he diagnoses well enough (at his level)to merit the sacrifice... He frequently bit hard on fakes and mis-directions at the collegiate level... Plays won't get any easier to diagnose in the pros, and there's a chance he'll get exposed a lot... I can definitely see him as a passrusher ... Maybe stand-up 4-3 DE... My concern is that once these flaws are exposed, the coaching staff won't be able to effectively re-purpose his skill set. (You cant find one person outside these boards that agrees with what you are saying here)

What we missed out on.

Now flame your little hearts away. (In short who did you expect to throw the ball this year? your crystal ball tells you Allen will be bad but who we have will be good?)

So I bolded areas to talk about in your post and put my responses next to bolded in ()

I also looked deep back at your replies and polls and found some interesting things.  In this post you say you didn't want a QB right? but in the past you once said

"I would like to go with Rosen or Darnold but no one else"

and

" am willing to trade to #2 if its Darnold "

and so on.

how all of the sudden after the draft and we obviously didn't pick your "guy" you say you would not of picked a QB this draft

sorry this whole thing is laughable and you make a statement at the  end "Now flame your little hearts away."

Its how you say things... instead of saying you know he will be a bust you should say you think he will be a bust, Instead of saying "look I know many will agree and disagree but these are my thoughts" you say "Flame your little hearts away."

You invite trouble to your non stop one negative thread and response after another and sit back and laugh at the replies.. Only flamer here is you sir.

not worth it.

First, Reuter graded every team’s day one, two and three. The Bills received:

Day 1 grade: B  
Day 2 grade: B  
Day 3 grade: A- 

Overall, Reuter gave the Bills a B , and he can see the upside for the team’s future.

Reviewing Buffalo's 2018 NFL Draft grades

While your post was quite LENGTHY and passionate and dismissive of the Bills Brain Trust and all of the Draftniks and services who had him at or near the top of their ratings and mocks at least you might not have to be TOO LENGTHY in the not too distant future when you only have to post OOPS!

8 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

He was 8-3 this past season. They went 0-2 in the two games he missed including a loss to that San Jose St. team.

I'm skeptical drafting players with a lack of production but the team he was on was terrible and wouldn't win many games without him. He does miss some throws he needs to make but he also makes some throws that a lot of QBs can't make.

The team's season was still 8-5 with him as the full-time starter... That's true even if he only lost to Oregon, Boise St., and Iowa.

So you're actually trying to hold against him ... the two losses in which he didn't play?

Good lord, dude. That's a lot more indicative of your hate of the guy than of anything about him.

Wyoming was 8-3 when he played and 0-2 when he didn't. And as Sueorangefan4 said, one of those two losses when he didn't play was to San Jose State, who went 2-11 this year. And San Jose State's only other win was against the 1-10 Cal Poly Mustangs.

Edited by Thurman#1

Just now, TPS said:

Allen is the new Flutie/Johnson. This could take awhile...

and your a FLAMER. nothing more nothing less. To say what a player is going to be and not even step on the field yet is a JOKE! and to not back up your buffalo bills and who they have on the field is a JOKE!  If he showed at the NFL or even College level that he is another Flutie/Johnson and to even begin to compare him to Doug Flutie is LAUGHABLE and LAZY.

14 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and your a FLAMER. nothing more nothing less. To say what a player is going to be and not even step on the field yet is a JOKE! and to not back up your buffalo bills and who they have on the field is a JOKE!  If he showed at the NFL or even College level that he is another Flutie/Johnson and to even begin to compare him to Doug Flutie is LAUGHABLE and LAZY.

Maybe you weren't a fan then? It's not a comment about Allen, rather one of the most heated debates this board has ever seen.

personally, I hope he is great, but I have no idea.

chill prime time,.

20 minutes ago, TPS said:

Allen is the new Flutie/Johnson. This could take awhile...

Barring a !@#$ed up career ending injury I just don't see how Allen busts. How are other people not seeing what I'm seeing? The kid is humble and down to earth, high football IQ, crazy athletic ability, biggest arm in a decade, how can he fail? Fans have no idea what they're getting, you are going to be very very pleasantly surprised.

• Like (+1) 1