Article on Josh Allen/Browns Disinformation Conspiracy

Not sure if this has been posted. This has to be written by a Cleveland writer, but an interesting take on disinformation before the draft.  It could be true, partially true or totally false but still an interesting read. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebiglead.com/2018/04/28/a-conspiracy-theory-on-the-browns-josh-allen-disinformation/amp/

Edited by Midwest Bills Fan

There is literally no reason for Josh Allen to get this level of shade and doubt thrown his way considering the other guys that get drafted high every year. 

Lets see what the kid can do. Enough of this bull **** about how he should have gone in the 100th round of the draft.

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 1

"If the Browns built the hype around Allen and then passed on him (twice) and he busts in Buffalo, then the Bills will come away from the draft looking incredibly foolish. They traded up to get a quarterback whose hype might have been built upon an elaborate (and failed) smokescreen."

43zy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Does anyone really think the Bills took Allen because the Browns(THE FRIGGIN BROWNS) supposedly put out disformation?

Jesus, this is insane and the Browns are the team that predictably bungled their draft.

6 minutes ago, gordong said:

Won’t Cleveland look foolish when mayfield is a bust and Allen is a franchise QB..... lol

If the 5 QBs taken in round 1 this year had all entered the draft last year, Baker might have been the 8th QB picked. Yet the guy who picked him #1 overall this year pulled some CIA mind tricking to get a guy listed near the top of mock drafts all year long drafted near the top this year. 

Couldn't get by this sentence "And because Allen was Dorsey’s type (with a rocket arm), everyone took the bait."

In what world would that even make any sense unless Dorsey was trying to trade out of #1?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Midwest Bills Fan said:

Not sure if this has been posted. This has to be written by a Cleveland writer, but an interesting take on disinformation before the draft.  It could be true, partially true or totally false but still an interesting read. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebiglead.com/2018/04/28/a-conspiracy-theory-on-the-browns-josh-allen-disinformation/amp/

Kiper has been doing this long enough we’re he doesn’t get influenced by anyone.   I call BS

even when Bills picked Allen, Kiper applauded the move.  That’s not cuz if Dorsey

Edited by dezertbill

4 hours ago, Midwest Bills Fan said:

Actually - Josh was highly rated at the end of last year also - so he did not rocket up the boards.

The guy that rocketed up the boards based on last year was none other than the Browns boy Mayfield that was considered at best a 3rd round pick last year and became the #1 overall pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Midwest Bills Fan said:

I think it's pretty much BS.  The writer thinks pro teams build their draft boards like teenagers looking for prom dates, looking to see who the popular kids to influence who they ask.  I think hype in the media (or reported team interest) has very little effect.

Of course Allen may bust.  So may Mayfield - or Darnold, or Rosen.

Edit: I do think it might be true that several teams passing a guy may influence other teams - I think they may sometimes start asking "did we miss something?" "maybe our medical dep't was wrong about his knee"

Oh I get it. The 0 - 16 Browns are smarter than the wildcard Bills. You mean those same Browns who passed on Chubb and Barley?

Thanks for the update.

I think our front office is sophisticated enough to know that everyone is a liar at this time of year.

• Like (+1) 1

Well if thats true he out thunk himself.

If he really wanted Barkley take him at 1 and let the G Men take DE Chubb.

Then the Jests take Darnold and they get Mayfield.

What ever the case I think the Browns got Brownsie again at 1 and 4.

This is truly one of the dumbest articles I've ever read.  Does anyone think that you have to be that clever when you're picking first?  Are we supposed to think that Dorsey was going to blow up everyone's draft board by choosing Mayfield #1?  It sounds like the columnist thinks Dorsey was playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers.  Not true.

Very dumb article and a very dumb writer.  I am sure his goal was to encourage a fan base that has no reason for encouragement lately.

Unintelligent statement saying that the Browns passed on Allen twice.  Did he think there was a scenario where the Browns would take a QB at both 1 and 4?  Idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuckeyeBill said:

Very dumb article and a very dumb writer.  I am sure his goal was to encourage a fan base that has no reason for encouragement lately.

Unintelligent statement saying that the Browns passed on Allen twice.  Did he think there was a scenario where the Browns would take a QB at both 1 and 4?  Idiot.

Peter Schreger or what ever his name is suggested it a few weeks ago on GMF ;)

The double down double dumb ;)

There was no conspiracy in Cleveland to outsmart the suitors for Mayfield because even within the scouting departing and front office there was no unanimity on whom to take. As it is often the case there were different voices advocating different selections right up to the end of the process. One of the strongest advocates for Mayfield was Scot McClaughan (sic) who for much of the process favored Mayfield. Dorsey took the input and decided on Mayfield. 

The writer in the article who was trying to say something was really saying nothing. 

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Did they create a smokescreen to reach for Ward too? 

No reason to hype a kid when you have the first overall pick. 

The reason was to get Barkley or Mayfield to fall to 4. They realized neither would happen, so they just took their QB first.

The write then adds the part about the Bills in the end. It was completely irrelevant to the rest of the article. Odd take.

40 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

successful people focus on what they're doing and forget what other people are doing.

Well, the draft *IS* impacted by what other people do, so the FOs more or less have to pay attention.

But the argument that the Bills are somehow the dupes of an Allen-love misinformation campaign spearheaded by the Browns is pretty bizzaro

if anything, the Browns would have to ack their misinformation campaign flopped miserably, as they clearly lacked confidence that they'd persuaded the Jets (and any teams whose offers the Giants might entertain at #2 after Barkley was off the board) that other QB >>> Mayfield  - which is why they took Mayfield first and lost out on Barkley.