RD 1, Pick 16: Tremaine Edmunds OLB - Virginia Tech

SDS

I really can't believe they got Edmunds...I never figured that would be possible in this Draft...

I hate trading all these picks...I'm more upset about the 410 pts we lost on the value chart than I am about the Allen pick itself...

That being said when I heard "Tremaine Edmunds" I about fell off my chair...It softened the blow for sure...B-)

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Aren't you one of the guys  willing to trade anything the Giants would have asked for to move up to #2 to draft a guy who ultimately didn't get drafted till # 10?

I think I'll trust Beane....

No. I said if Rosen is the guy they want, I wouldn't mind a trade up. But I don't usually agree with moving up in the draft...moving down is almost always better. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Me too, Rosen and Edmunds and I’d be running around naked. Now I’m just running around in my underwear.

Well, if you avoid criminal charges, that has value, too. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Love this pick.

Not the Middle guy I expected them to take which makes me wonder if McD is thinking he will bulk up and play inside as he’s only 19.

They have all day tomorrow to sign Navorro Bowman or Karlos Dansby if they need a true MLB.

Hard to justify using a lot of draft capital or big bucks on MLB-only type anymore.

This was a great pick. I think Beane has done a great job so far. I know there are a number of posters who did not like the Allen selection. However, I trust they did their homework and I am fully supportive of the pick. Time will tell and I am more than willing to wait and see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They have all day tomorrow to sign Navorro Bowman or Karlos Dansby if they need a true MLB.

Hard to justify using a lot of draft capital or big bucks on MLB-only type anymore.

In the past, it is what McD’s D has been predicated on. 

Dude seems to have the range and speed to work the middle but not sure if he’s built for it. 

He seems sleek not bulky. Not a bad thing just my first eye test impression.

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I really can't believe they got Edmunds...I never figured that would be possible in this Draft...

I hate trading all these picks...I'm more upset about the 410 pts we lost on the value chart than I am about the Allen pick itself...

That being said when I heard "Tremaine Edmunds" I about fell off my chair...It softened the blow for sure...B-)

Yeah......this hyped up draft process has got people geeked on draft capital.

Reality is that they traded a 23 year old WR with All Pro ability and a still young DT with All Pro ability who was a one-man run defense even when he was loafing.............for a lousy haul of a second and fifth round pick in a mediocre draft class which only has *maybe* 15 players with first round grades.

The Bills have been losing actual player talent points like a mother!@#$er since Beane got here....it was a pipe dream to think this draft capital was going to replace that.   They came out of this draft with 2 of the players with first round grades........they are going to have to patch holes in FA and coach em' up but if Allen and Edmunds pan out this is a RARE time when the Bills got two players who will not be hard to justify paying if they reach FA.     Beats the hell out of a Shaq/Ragnuts kinda' draft, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Edmonds is so much better than LVE anyway. 

Bigger and more athletic.  I think Edmunds has a huge ceiling.  I don't know how good he can be, he's still so young.  The potential of both of these players is very exciting.  Bills fans just have to be patient while these players learn

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Reality is that they traded a 23 year old WR with All Pro ability and a still young DT with All Pro ability who was a one-man run defense even when he was loafing.............for a lousy haul of a second and fifth round pick in a mediocre draft class which only has *maybe* 15 players with first round grades.

The Bills have been losing actual player talent points like a mother!@#$er since Beane got here....it was a pipe dream to think this draft capital was going to replace that.   They came out of this draft with 2 of the players with first round grades........they are going to have to patch holes in FA and coach em' up but if Allen and Edmunds pan out this is a RARE time when the Bills got two players who will not be hard to justify paying if they reach FA.     Beats the hell out of a Shaq/Ragnuts kinda' draft, IMO. 

I don't disagree...Allen and Edmonds have massive upside...so we'll see...B-)

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

In the past, it is what McD’s D has been predicated on. 

Dude seems to have the range and speed to work the middle but not sure if he’s built for it. 

He seems sleek not bulky. Not a bad thing just my first eye test impression.

Yep you gotta' evolve.

Edmunds isn't a violent hitter but the league is trying to legislate that hyper physical football out.

Big, fast, quick, incredibly rangy LB with potential to maybe be an edge rushing force.........that sounds like a guy who could project as very special player in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cap hit for those 2 in 2018 with sammys contract is about 35 million.  The picks you mention will be about 1/12 That.  You can't keep everyone bud.