RD 1, Pick 16: Tremaine Edmunds OLB - Virginia Tech

SDS

Just now, Magox said:

He's a beast and good chance he turns out to be a Pro bowl level LB. Has size, speed and instincts.  

His size speed combo is one of the most impressive in the entire draft and he has the production to back it up.

Agreed, speed and height at LB is everything nowadays in the NFL.

This would be a tough pick not to like. Listened to a podcast with Rappoport yesterday and he said that people around the league thought Edmunds might be the safest player in the draft. He was thought to go between 4-8. This was fantastic value and a guy that could be a star. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This would be a tough pick not to like. Listened to a podcast with Rappoport yesterday and he said that people around the league thought Edmunds might be the safest player in the draft. He was thought to go between 4-8. This was fantastic value and a guy that could be a star. 

Ok, I am feeling better about this. Allen just shock my world. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love this pick.

I also love that it makes "hole fillers" cry.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I thought they gave up one 3rd and got a 5th back? 

That's what I thought, too, but that's not what the tweet I posted says....if it is what you say, then it's a fine trade

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

about what? The trade details? Or saying that Beane got fleeced? 

Aren't you one of the guys  willing to trade anything the Giants would have asked for to move up to #2 to draft a guy who ultimately didn't get drafted till # 10?

I think I'll trust Beane....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

wait, Bills gave up THREE picks to move up 6 spots?? 

Beane getting fleeced today. I love this kid, but did we have to give up so much??

Well, the 154 pick is meaningless.

At least almost always.