Patriots covet Mike White per Mayock

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If the Bills can't land one of the big 4 do they take White at 22 or do you take a chance and wait until 53?

This kid has “lunch pail, blue collar, first guy in/last guy out, cerebral, gym rat” written all over him. 

White has all the tools to be an NFL QB. He is one of my favorite players in the draft. I really hope he does not go to the Patriots. 

I think he will be better than Allen, Rudolph, and Jackson at the NFL level.

White has alway been my backup plan if we can't trade up for one of the big 3. I thought we could get him early in round 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So, *checks notes*

that makes Rosen, Mayfield, Lauletta, Rudolph, Lamar, and Mike White as Pats targets. All in the last 36 hours.

That’s a good start, but we have weeks to go! YAY! 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So, *checks notes*

that makes Rosen, Mayfield, Lauletta, Rudolph, Lamar, and Mike White as Pats targets. All in the last 36 hours.

They will do the right thing and replenish their roster...the OT situation looks to be in dire straits (so far away from me,money for nothing,brothers in arms) and their defense is,well,bad.

12 minutes ago, billspro said:

White has all the tools to be an NFL QB. He is one of my favorite players in the draft. I really hope he does not go to the Patriots. 

White has alway been my backup plan if we can't trade up for one of the big 3. I thought we could get him early in round 2. 

His arm strength is kind of borderline.

2018 QB ball velocity numbers

14 minutes ago, billspro said:

It was only a matter of time before YOU showed up to defend your husband, Mike White.

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

They will do the right thing and replenish their roster...the OT situation looks to be in dire straits (so far away from me,money for nothing,brothers in arms) and their defense is,well,bad.

The two Mikes they will be after in the 1st rd are Hughes and McGlinchey

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

It was only a matter of time before YOU showed up to defend your husband, Mike White.

Have you provided this board with one intelligent comment? 

Talk to me in three years when I'm right. I just call a good prospect a good prospect. 

15 minutes ago, turftoe said:

His arm strength is kind of borderline.

2018 QB ball velocity numbers

Strikes me that borderline isn't the worst thing in the world. The best arm at that Combine typically is not the best QB. (cough JoshAllen cough cough).

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Now that the Pats have a few extra picks they we go through the same media cycle the Bills did. They will be linked to every available QB by draft day.

So the media is trying to nudge Tom Brady out of that building?

39 minutes ago, billspro said:

Have you provided this board with one intelligent comment? 

Talk to me in three years when I'm right. I just call a good prospect a good prospect. 

If he's such a "good prospect," then, why is he projected to be a career third stringer or backup QB at best?

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If he's such a "good prospect," then, why is he projected to be a career third stringer or backup QB at best?

Thats your opinion. He is a solid day 2 QB prospect that will most likely go in round 3. If he can learn to see the blitz pre snap and learn how to buy more time in the pocket I don't see any reason he can't have a career similar to Schaub. He is similar to Davis Webb last year but is a much better thrower. 

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

If the Bills can't land one of the big 4 do they take White at 22 or do you take a chance and wait until 53?

Why take a chance  at 22 ?  Even at 12  it’s not a guarantee  because Miami is one spot ahead of us , if   the big 4 are already gone and Belicheat says this kid is good ,  then what ever it takes to ahead of Miami !!!

And take the ( BIG 5th? )

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So, *checks notes*

And our wives... and our daughters...

I mean that generally speaking, of course. Not suggesting you and I have some weird commune-like family s**t going on, Yolo. 

The only thing interesting about this is Mayock seems to be on the straight and narrow not doing Pats* propaganda like Schefter and others.

I also like Mayock’s evaluations the most on a consistent basis every year!

This is a good year for the Pat's to try to pick up another Garro type QB.  With the top 4-5 taking everybody's attention, a number of QB's who would ordinarily be picked in the first round or early 2nd, will be available in the 2nd or 3rd round.  They will (thinks this guy) take a decent guy in the 2nd round and groom him up as either a replacement for Brady or, after polishing and a few successful cameo performances, as a trade for a 1st round pick.  That is the sort of things the Pat's do.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So, *checks notes*

Could it be the media is pushing the ‘Belichick wants a QB angle ‘? 

Over the 2 last months it has been non stop speculation on all things Pats. 

10 hours ago, billspro said:

Although I admit I do not know much about his football abilities yet, nor formed opinion on how likely he is to succeed as a quarterback, as I have not analyzed his game tapes, nor reviewed expert opinions of his strengths and weaknesses,, my strength is studying human character issues, and in my opinion by far he has the best personality on the surface when I looked at the numerous interviews of all the qb prospects. He seems very likeable, personable and composed, and although that may not equate to qb success, he surely would have fit well with Marv Levy’s and John Butlers ‘fine young men’ philosophy. If the Bills chose him after doing their homework on his football abilities, I would support that decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can just see Kraft and Belicheck laughing uncontrollably on draft day when the Bills take a 4th round prospect in the Top 15 because they thought they can get the jump on the all knowing Patriot front office after  planting the poison seed. And you thought the EJ Manuel pick was ludicrous!

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I can just see Kraft and Belicheck laughing uncontrollably on draft day when the Bills take a 4th round prospect in the Top 15 because they thought they can get the jump on the all knowing Patriot front office after  planting the poison seed. And you thought the EJ Manuel pick was ludicrous!

Manuel isn't White. If he turns out to be the best pro of this draft will it still look foolish?