Baker Mayfield

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That's overpaying by 180 points.

The chart is just a base.  The Jets set the market at 600 to 800 over value.  Which at this point seems foolish but if they think there is a big difference between guys for them then they did what they had to.  Beane obviously didn't feel it was worth it at this point.

1 hour ago, buffalover4life said:

Whatever it takes if he makes it past the jets. Its not an easy process to acquire this draft capitol and it will only get harder to get as we continue to win and players become staples of this franchise. Now or never

you can not force another team with a top 5 pick to trade with you. The Bills did not have what the Colts wanted, a top ten pick.

I would laugh my butt off if the Browns and Giants both end up taking QBs and the Jets wasted all of that draft capital to not get their guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

you can not force another team with a top 5 pick to trade with you. The Bills did not have what the Colts wanted, a top ten pick.

I would laugh my butt off if the Browns and Giants both end up taking QBs and the Jets wasted all of that draft capital to not get their guy.

The jets just did force the colts hand with "all that wasted draft capital". They obviously, like me, believe there are three "turn key" franchise QBs in this draft. You don't give up that capitol without a 100% chance that you're gonna get one of your guys. 

1.)Baker Mayfield

2.)Josh Rosen

3.)Sam Darnold

Ready to throw in Round 1 for next year to get to pick #2. All in on our Franchise QB

or go after Lamar Jackson at 8 or 9....because he is the most exciting player I have ever seen

Edited by buffalover4life

1 hour ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

His height is irrelevant to me, OU had 6'7" linemen and he didn't get many balls batted down 

The majority of his throws he had massive passing windows.  Second half vs GA.  They control rushef him and contained him in the pocket and it was a struggle.  Thats what concerns me.   I dont hate mayfield but i dont love him to trade top 5 for.  8 or 9? Sure.  Keep 22 and get a QB is my new train of thought.

I’m not high on him. I think he slips, not far, but he slips. Denver is the wild card, I think they love him. If he makes it past 5, I think he makes it to Buffalo at 12.  I wouldnt mind grabbing him there, but no trade up. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The article says (and there are such things as smoke screens, but let's assume they're being honest) they're committed to to Tannehill ... as starter ... for next year.

That wouldn't prevent them from taking a QB early.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This would be the best case scenario as I see it right now.

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Giants - Barkley

3.)  Jets - Allen

4.)  We trade #12, #22, a 2nd, a 3rd, and next years 1st to trade up for Rosen or Mayfield (I think both will be franchise QB's although I prefer the most pro ready in Rosen)

I stopped reading right here on the first page but I'll read the rest but I just want to immediatley say !@#$ that to your suggestion. I know it costs a lot to move up but you lose me when you give them all that plus next year's #1 for Mayfield. No !@#$ing way dude. No.

Although I can live with that for Rosen. Still feel that first next year is too rich for me though.

I'll take Rudolph or Jackson later and build my team thanks.

Edited by beerme1
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Giants - Barkley

3.)  Jets - Allen

4.)  We trade #12, #22, a 2nd, a 3rd, and next years 1st to trade up for Rosen or Mayfield (I think both will be franchise QB's although I prefer the most pro ready in Rosen)

Best case scenario is Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield fall to #6 and we give the Colts a 2nd this yr #53 and a 2nd next yr and we go up and get one of these guys.

7 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

It's so great we finally have a Baker Mayfield thread.

And we don't even need words to get the conversation going!

I guess you're right. All of TBD originals should just wait this crap out.

F that. Out em.

9 hours ago, Mat68 said:

The majority of his throws he had massive passing windows.  Second half vs GA.  They control rushef him and contained him in the pocket and it was a struggle.  Thats what concerns me.   I dont hate mayfield but i dont love him to trade top 5 for.  8 or 9? Sure.  Keep 22 and get a QB is my new train of thought.

This is spot on. They also switched to more man coverage, which he struggled with. So much so that Lincoln Riley took the ball out of his hands at crunch time. 

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Giants - Barkley

3.)  Jets - Allen

that would be a ridiculous amount to give up for 4, almost double the amount of value. The jets got ripped off but not even close to that bad.

I am not sure he makes it out of the top 3 but if he does I am all for it.  At this point we have to assume the draft will go QB QB QB to start.  Will one of those be Allen?

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Giants - Barkley

3.)  Jets - Allen

We have to assume the Jets gave the Giants the same offer and since they obviously turned the Jets down I think you have to assume they are going QB.  Or less likely they want better value from the Bills.  I don't see them taking Barkley no matter what his shorts workout was.

I think the top three will be Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield.

Edited by mattynh

14 hours ago, BakersBills said:

I think he falls outside top 5

Screenshot_141.jpg

Based on everything Beane has said since he arrived in Buffalo, I think he has the longest odds of playing for the Bills....even more so than Josh Allen. In another thread the OP did a nice job of posting several transcripts of Beane's interviews dating back to last May, it's pretty clear Jackson and Mayfield are not the prototypes Beane is looking for....could he Draft one or the other, of course....but I think he will? No, I don't...and if you read the interviews objectively, I think you come to the same conclusion.

As a side note: personally, I like Jackson and those who say he's a runner, don't watch the video and you don't listen to his coach on how Jackson progressed playing in the pocket. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Based on everything Beane has said since he arrived in Buffalo, I think he has the longest odds of playing for the Bills....even more so than Josh Allen. In another thread the OP did a nice job of posting several transcripts of Beane's interviews dating back to last May, it's pretty clear Jackson and Mayfield are not the prototypes Beane is looking for....could he Draft one or the other, of course....but I think he will? No, I don't...and if you read the interviews objectively, I think you come to the same conclusion.

As a side note: personally, I like Jackson and those who say he's a runner, don't watch the video and you don't listen to his coach on how Jackson progressed playing in the pocket. 

Totally agree. I like Lamar a lot but i really don’t think the Bills do. With mayfield I go back and forth. I don’t think he’s their first choice and don’t think they’d give up assets for him, but they could take him if he’s there at 12.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2018 at 8:08 AM, TheTruthHurts said:

I appreciate the comparison and it is certainly fair, but Harrell was known as a one read QB, unable to see the rest of the field. I have seen Mayfield read 3 and 4 and even come back to first in short order. Hawaii had a QB with insane numbers about 8 years back, forget the name. He was drafted very late and never became a starter. The stats are only part of the eqation, and maybe Bake will flop too. But I personally bet the over

On 3/18/2018 at 9:12 PM, Mat68 said:

I could care less about his height but this observation matters. In one full game clip I watched several days ago, I noticed all his passes from the pocket were out wide, all his passes to the middle were on roll outs. 

Smells like a system QB and with your observation above... wouldn’t touch him- period. 

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Go get Rosen.  The Jets pay a premium for a QB who can't hit the side of a barn, Baker is partying on South Beach and missing team meetings, the Pats magic dries up when Brady retires and we claim our rightful spot on top of the division for the next 15 years.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Go get Rosen.  The Jets pay a premium for a QB who can't hit the side of a barn, Baker is partying on South Beach and missing team meetings, the Pats magic dries up when Brady retires and we claim our rightful spot on top of the division for the next 15 years.

I'm all aboard that train.

10 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

This is beginning to feel like a drawn-out, high-stakes game of musical chairs. 

Only some teams already own chairs. And we have to compete to buy the chairs from them. 

That's the exact analogy I've used in my mind for the whole process.  We don't exactly know how many chairs are worth sitting in, but we know 2 are gone at 1 and 3 already and the Giants are still sitting in theirs despite the music playing.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:52 PM, Doc Brown said:

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Giants - Barkley

3.)  Jets - Allen

I hope your right as far as the Jets taking Allen because i don't think the guy is all that but i for sure hope they aren't that foolish to give up 3 first round picks !!

Mc Bean & company i pray are smarter than that !! Even though i think Mayfield has the best tools of this yrs draft there has been a lot of so called "Experts" that have said he is a systems QB & you would have to change the offense to what fit s him & not have him learn a system other than what fits him !!

I'm fine with Mayfield, Darnold, or Rosen. I'd be concerned if we went with Allen, but I trust Beane and McDermott, so if they think Allen is worth it, I could get behind it.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, YoloinOhio said:

This is spot on. They also switched to more man coverage, which he struggled with. So much so that Lincoln Riley took the ball out of his hands at crunch time. 

The Buckeyes had him stymied until the offense going 3 and out over and over again finally added up and he laid an egg against them in 2016.

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I could care less about his height but this observation matters. In one full game clip I watched several days ago, I noticed all his passes from the pocket were out wide, all his passes to the middle were on roll outs. 

Smells like a system QB and with your observation above... wouldn’t touch him- period. 

That’s some interesting info,  I didn’t notice that.  Gonna have to get back to the tape,  nice observation.

I have done a lot of research on these top 4 qb’s in this draft and have come to a strong conclusion that Baker will be the best for years to come. He can make every single throw on the field, has a huge arm, has a huge football IQ, and has a killer instinct that I don’t think any of the other guys even comes close to having. Think about the best qbs in this league (Brady, Rodgers, Breese...)... they all are the most competitive guys on the field every Sunday. Mark my words, this guy will be good for a very long time and I am praying that he’s doing it in Buffalo. 

I think we we can get him at 4 if we trade both 1st round picks to Cleveland and maybe one second and next years second. They absolutely have to get their guy this year and I think Baker is the guy. What do you guys think??

• Like (+1) 1