Baker Mayfield

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

first post, interesting.  Baker is that you?  big fan of your crotch grab.  if you do that to Tom Brady they will build a statue of you in front of New Era Field

...more curious to know what,  how or if McBeane has the SAME TBD infatuation with Mayfield as a fit with what McD/McDaboll have planned for this offensive scheme and more importantly WHY?........

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

first post, interesting.  Baker is that you?  big fan of your crotch grab.  if you do that to Tom Brady they will build a statue of you in front of New Era Field

That was good !!! But on the serious note I really like Mayfield a lot ( I know I already said like million times ) IMHO I believe as well that he is the QB in this draft , he’s the only one that I would move up to 2 for 

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

That was good !!! But on the serious note I really like Mayfield a lot ( I know I already said like million times ) IMHO I believe as well that he is the QB in this draft , he’s the only one that I would move up to 2 for 

That would be like one time for every Mayfield thread on the board, if I'm not mistaken...

OP, FYI the search function is your friend.  How about you research that a little and use it next time?  ...oh, and welcome to the board.

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dabills585 said:

I have done a lot of research on these top 4 qb’s in this draft and have come to a strong conclusion that Baker will be the best for years to come. He can make every single throw on the field, has a huge arm, has a huge football IQ, and has a killer instinct that I don’t think any of the other guys even comes close to having. Think about the best qbs in this league (Brady, Rodgers, Breese...)... they all are the most competitive guys on the field every Sunday. Mark my words, this guy will be good for a very long time and I am praying that he’s doing it in Buffalo. 

I think we we can get him at 4 if we trade both 1st round picks to Cleveland and maybe one second and next years second. They absolutely have to get their guy this year and I think Baker is the guy. What do you guys think??

I'm in...really like Baker Mayfield....he would be my choice

I may have found a post Chuck Wagon will finally agree with me on, as I too am now on the Mayfield train.  I initially had issues with his personality, but after watching tons of interviews with him, I am on board.  He is THE perfect QB for the Bills.  Now, I just hope we can get him.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

If he was really Baker Mayfield disguising himself as a first time Bills poster he would have said, “Baker Mayfield is head and shoulders above those others. The Bills should trade up the number one slot.” Baker would not settle to be the 2nd or 3rd qb drafted. He wants to be the number 1 guy picked in the draft.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I may have found a post Chuck Wagon will finally agree with me on, as I too am now on the Mayfield train.  I initially had issues with his personality, but after watching tons of interviews with him, I am on board.  He is THE perfect QB for the Bills.  Now, I just hope we can get him.

Gotta agree with you, he's grown on me. I'm hoping he's the 4th QB taken for two reasons.

1. We won't have to mortgage the farm and can address other positions.

2. He'll have such a chip on his shoulder he'll make it his personal mission to destroy the QBs picked before him and the teams that drafted them.

I think a better profile for each QB is starting to surface.  Let's look at each of them in turn.

1.  Rosen - He's ready. Day 1 starter potential. Can make every throw.  There are a couple of concerns.  Concussions and injury.  Not much wiggle in his game to escape rushers.

2.  Darnold - maybe not completely ready on day 1 but should be ready by mid-season.  Like Rosen, he can make every throw.  Has more athleticism than Rosen.  But his mediocre senior campaign can be a cause for pause.

3.  Allen - Accuracy and just RAW.  Allen has some major concerns.  His accuracy is a problem.  He is spotty at best.  He had a good combine and a good 2nd half of the Senior Bowl.  His tape shows a guy that is inaccurate.  Sure his WRs drop some passes.  On the flip side, sometimes he just threw some really bad passes.  One of his biggest issues is pass placement.  He hasn't developed the discernment to know when to take some heat off passes.  When you watch his tape, every throw is a laser beam that looks like he's trying to punish the guy that's catching it.  Project and biggest boom/bust of all the QBs.  Has an arm to salivate over.  Also has decent mobility/athleticism to extend plays.

4.  Mayfield - Accurate.  Has shown "hot head" behavior.  Up until this past season was regarded as a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Had a great senior campaign.  Thrives in making defenses pay.  Has some mobility but also starts to fold when pressure gets to him (see OU vs UGA early 2nd half).  Does bounce back.  Good leader.

This is just the top 4.  All have pluses and minuses and I wouldn't be surprised if on most boards they are actually pretty damn close.

Edited by NewEraBills

2 hours ago, Dabills585 said:

I have done a lot of research on these top 4 qb’s in this draft and have come to a strong conclusion that Baker will be the best for years to come. He can make every single throw on the field, has a huge arm, has a huge football IQ, and has a killer instinct that I don’t think any of the other guys even comes close to having. Think about the best qbs in this league (Brady, Rodgers, Breese...)... they all are the most competitive guys on the field every Sunday. Mark my words, this guy will be good for a very long time and I am praying that he’s doing it in Buffalo. 

I think we we can get him at 4 if we trade both 1st round picks to Cleveland and maybe one second and next years second. They absolutely have to get their guy this year and I think Baker is the guy. What do you guys think??

YEAH

17 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

nope and nope

Well then I have a hard time seeing them trade pick #4.  Probably our best chance could be #6 Colts.  Probably will go:

1.  Darnold (no trade).

2.  Chubb (no trade).

3.  Rosen (no trade)

4.  Barkley (no trade).

5.  Nelson or Allen (no trade).

6.  Mayfield or Allen (trade to Bills)?

2 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

I think they'll try to get Rosen, but it's in the Jets hands. If they draft Rosen at 3, then I think we go after Allen. 

That's not what I want, I'd rather have Mayfield, but they know better

No on Allen. I think Rosen and Darnold are the top 10 picks in this draft. Unless teams panic the others will fall

At this point who the hell knows.....but I'll say this, while I'm not a big Mayfield fan because I think his stupid antics are childish behavior are causes for concern - in that can he mature and grow into a true NFL leader of men on and off the field - and I'm concerned even more about his ability to pass from a collapsing pocket that doesn't have a 3 yard circumference to pass from, you can't ignore that he has good arm strength, good accuracy, and real tenacity to compete. Those are things I can support. As for the rest, I have to hope he can be smarter, mature, and of course that he'll be able to pass from a dirty pocket (ooooooh, that sounded like a Vegas strip club :D).....

And in the end, I don't understand people who say, "If the Bills Draft ______, I'm so done with this team!".....the Bills Draft him, I will support him until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Whether I agree, like or dislike the selection, because at the end of the day, he hasn't even worn the jersey on the field yet, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. This also goes for if the Bills stand pat at 12 and take a MLB like Smith and keep all their picks....either way, Beane and company have my vote of confidence...IMHO, they've earned it.

• Like (+1) 10

it's more smoke

no one knows for sure and whomever they pick, they will spin it and say that was their guy.

This endless speculation is such an incredible waste of time.  

Strange I don't recall Jeremy talking about his source and Evander Kane trade in terms of we are going to get so little for the guy.  If he's always right, wouldn't he have known that offers for Kane we low?  

Edited by KRT88
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't believe that for a second. I'm not sure why but I'm having a hard time putting any faith into Jeremy White's "sabres guy." If anything that would be them admitting defeat and saying they would take him if that's all that's left if they can't trade up to the top 5. Or a smoke screen to get Allen or Rosen to fall. I like Mayfield and think he can be very good but I don't think anyone at the top "covets" him when there are other better built QB's with more natural talent. Maybe they like his attitude and his commitment. It fits their underdog mentality. But they would only take him if that's all that's left imo

• Like (+1) 2