NFL Schedule Release

Normally at this time of year, we're hotly anticipating the schedule release. There are rumors that it will come on April 17 this year, which puts it only a few weeks away. So let's get away from quarterbacks for a second and talk about the schedule.

Do you think we'll finally get a Sunday Night Football game this year now that we made the playoffs? If we do, it will probably be on the road. But maybe a home Monday night game?

Last year, every playoff team from the year prior was rewarded with at least one SNF game. Look for the NFL to change that procedure this year in order to keep the Bills off of SNF.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DKBills25 said:

We deserve Monday and Sunday night games 

And I hope one of thous which will probably happen is the Jax game in buffalo 

cuz I want my revenge 

i also believe we get a mnf at home jax. Week 2.

Someone on here pointed out to me last year that the Bills(or maybe it was Ralph)did not prefer to have home prime time games due to logistics, our fans across the border, and some other things that I guess did make sense, logically speaking.  

But damn that.  I want a home Sunday night game AND I want a home Monday night game.  I will take any opportunity to see the Bills play on primetime TV, but I'm freaking tired of our only primetime game being on Thursday night, and either at the Jets or at the Patriots(somehow always after their bye).  

I've only had the privilege to attend one Monday night game, and that was back in 2007, vs the Cowboys.  We all know how the game ended, but I kid you not when I say that Ralph Wilson Stadium was absolutely BANANAS....the white towels waving, 70,000 + screaming fans...the stadium literally shook...I have never been a part of something so electric, so infectious...the crowd alone almost willed us to victory.  

I want some more of that.  And I feel like we will be rewarded this year with a home Monday nighter, but I'm expecting a home Sunday nighter as well..

Edited by smuvtalker

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough, everyone has their preferences.

For me, nothing beats a Bills home game at 1 PM

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing the Bills play at 1pm.  Matter of fact I will even go as far as to say the ONE downside(for me personally) to the Bills playing on primetime is having to wait all day, or until the next day to see them play.  It's like, I feel lost until they come on.

However, to me, NOTHING beats the excitement of seeing the Bills play a primetime game, particularly at home...NOTHING.

Sunday at one is how football is meant to be played. Give me as many of those as possible. !@#$ the limelight. !@#$ the media. !@#$ exposure. !@#$ the Patriots. !@#$ the Cowboys. !@#$ the Giants. We don’t need any fake ass fans hanging around. Give us the slot that gladiators slay. See you at game time. 

39 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Schedule release is top 5 best day of the off season. I love it. I was actually just thinking the other day I’m surprised the preseason opponents and schedule hasnt been out yet.

Agree?Underrated event 

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Normally at this time of year, we're hotly anticipating the schedule release. There are rumors that it will come on April 17 this year, which puts it only a few weeks away. So let's get away from quarterbacks for a second and talk about the schedule.

Do you think we'll finally get a Sunday Night Football game this year now that we made the playoffs? If we do, it will probably be on the road. But maybe a home Monday night game?

Last year, every playoff team from the year prior was rewarded with at least one SNF game. Look for the NFL to change that procedure this year in order to keep the Bills off of SNF.

SNF is now what MNF used to be long ago. The premiere game of the week. It's all about ratings , so I don't see the Bills on a SNF matchup unless it's vs a big draw team.More likely MNF , maybe  on the road vs say a CHI that is always a big draw whether  they're winning or not. The Bills also traded their playoff QB from last season and it's not looking good that they'll get a top rookie. There's no official " procedure" aside from the SB champion at home to open TNF. The Bills aren't a ratings draw right now. 

Night game against jaguars is my guess but I could also see the nfl giving us a night game against the chargers. Just hope it's not a jets game again! Honestly I hope we don't get any night games our track record isn't the best on prime time!

I try to go to a game every season if I can.  Sunday at 1 is a hard time for me to make it.  I did it once and got to my seat about 5 minutes after the game started.  Actually, the best time for me to get to a game is the late afternoon - 4 PM start or a bit later.  As far as games that I watch on TV, I don't much care.  My only preference for TV games is that they be on CBS if they are going to conflict with Giants games.  The local Fox affiliate will broadcast the Giants if the Bills and Giants are both on at the same time.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Schedule release is top 5 best day of the off season. I love it. I was actually just thinking the other day I’m surprised the preseason opponents and schedule hasnt been out yet.

They complete the schedule at the league meetings that are going on right now.

The preseason opponents will be announced later. Probably in June.

9 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Someone on here pointed out to me last year that the Bills(or maybe it was Ralph)did not prefer to have home prime time games due to logistics, our fans across the border, and some other things that I guess did make sense, logically speaking.  

But damn that.  I want a home Sunday night game AND I want a home Monday night game.  I will take any opportunity to see the Bills play on primetime TV, but I'm freaking tired of our only primetime game being on Thursday night, and either at the Jets or at the Patriots(somehow always after their bye).  

I've only had the privilege to attend one Monday night game, and that was back in 2007, vs the Cowboys.  We all know how the game ended, but I kid you not when I say that Ralph Wilson Stadium was absolutely BANANAS....the white towels waving, 70,000 + screaming fans...the stadium literally shook...I have never been a part of something so electric, so infectious...the crowd alone almost willed us to victory.  

I want some more of that.  And I feel like we will be rewarded this year with a home Monday nighter, but I'm expecting a home Sunday nighter as well..

I was there also and your right, it was the most electrifying game I had ever been too. The crowd was ridiculously loud and even though we lost it was one of the most memorable games I have ever been too. I lost my voice that night screaming Romo Homo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I want everyone in America sitting down to watch the Bills on Sunday night. In Buffalo.

Bills bring lousy national TV ratings.   Why would the networks want the to put the Bills on prime time?    I'm a big Bills fan, but that's just because I'm from there.  The rest of the U.S. could give a crap about the Bills, right?   Would you be thrilled to watch a ariz/indy game indoors in the dome on Monday night right now?   didn't think so.. and the Bills are way less popular nationally than either of those teams.   so you can see why the media ignores the Bills.  Heck the once in a while football fan probably doesn't even think there's a franchise in the B Lo.  Is what it is.   If they start winning, that fixes it a bit, but it would take a lot of winning to get them back into multiple prime times, bc the networks have no interest in such a tiny market.   Just puttin it out there.  

I plan to attend the road games in Baltimore (because we go to every Bills/Ravens game with another couple who are Ravens fans) and Green Bay (bucket list), so I hope those dates and times are good for travel.

• Like (+1) 1

True, we made the playoffs and that has to count for something schedule wise, however, when you only score a FG in said playoffs, it’s not really a “hot  bed” of anticipation for a prime time game in the leagues eyes.

It would be nice to have a prime time game, but don’t get yer hopes up.

I would like a couple of 4:00 games. It will either mean we get extra tailgating time. Or I can get some various errands done before an away game kick off. The 1:00 games are nice, but its also night to not have 15 of them. IF the bills get a Sunday night Football game, it will be voted most likely to get flexed out....

Edited by wagon127

2 hours ago, lxxenigmaxxl said:

I was there also and your right, it was the most electrifying game I had ever been too. The crowd was ridiculously loud and even though we lost it was one of the most memorable games I have ever been too. I lost my voice that night screaming Romo Homo.

Hahaha I remember hearing people say that!!  Yeah I wouldn't trade that night for the world, and I would happily bet our crowd noise against ANY other stadium when we're at capacity and rockin like that...Seattle, Kansas City, Green Bay, Oakland....no doubt in my mind we can get louder.  My left ear took a day to catch back up to my right, and I too sounded like one of those people with the electronic voice boxes haha. 

2 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Bills bring lousy national TV ratings.   Why would the networks want the to put the Bills on prime time?    I'm a big Bills fan, but that's just because I'm from there.  The rest of the U.S. could give a crap about the Bills, right?   Would you be thrilled to watch a ariz/indy game indoors in the dome on Monday night right now?   didn't think so.. and the Bills are way less popular nationally than either of those teams.   so you can see why the media ignores the Bills.  Heck the once in a while football fan probably doesn't even think there's a franchise in the B Lo.  Is what it is.   If they start winning, that fixes it a bit, but it would take a lot of winning to get them back into multiple prime times, bc the networks have no interest in such a tiny market.   Just puttin it out there.  

You make some valid points. Definitely not a glass half-full kinda guy are you?  ☺ But you were spot on when you said winning will fix things.   That is the reason I'm predicting us to get two primetime games this year.  I admit I may be a tad bit unrealistic in expecting us to get a home Monday night game AND a home Sunday night game, but it is possible.   Fact is the Bills DID make the playoffs last year.  Fact is they were in that game until the final seconds. Fact is they overachieved playing for a young, hungry, and energeric rookie coach.  If people are saying it matters that we only scored a FG in that game, and that we traded our "playoff QB", then the things I mentioned above have got to matter too. 

Winning DOES change everything.  During our 4 year run, it was a foregone conclusion that we would play at least 2, sometimes 3 primetime games.  I believe our team is on the uprise, and I believe the schedule makers are going to show us some love.   I'm sticking with my prediction of a Monday night game, AND a Sunday night game, one of them being at New Era..

Go Bills!

Edited by smuvtalker

14 hours ago, nickrage said:

i also believe we get a mnf at home jax. Week 2.

I say Bills are the early Monday night game week 1..7PM start

3 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Bills are far from not popular, and captured a ton of new eyes last year with the playoffs, and equally as important the fanbase. Now they ain't the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, or Giants, or Pats, but think they are solidly in that second group of "popular" teams. Think the Bills fit in with the likes of the Bears, Seahawks, Broncos, Washington, and Eagles.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I plan to attend the road games in Baltimore (because we go to every Bills/Ravens game with another couple who are Ravens fans) and Green Bay (bucket list), so I hope those dates and times are good for travel.

will be at both as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough, everyone has their preferences.

For me, nothing beats a Bills home game at 1 PM

100%...Night games are a PITA...A lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but just a hassle for those attending.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ricojes said:

100%...Night games are a PITA...A lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but just a hassle for those attending.

I like the novelty of one once in awhile

Living in Philadelphia for awhile, it seemed miserable.  It felt like 2 out of every 3 games was a primetime game.  It looked like it was a grind for fans to watch the games, and worse-yet, attend.