Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

14 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Where does Marcus Davenport project?

Just my hunch, but I think Gettleman really likes Darnold because he knows that's the guy #1 on Beane's board and the guy who'll fetch the whole package.  I think the Giants would love nothing more than take a whole heap of draft picks and leave the Jets with the #3 choice at QB.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Time for Beane to make them an offer Gettleman can't refuse.

Unless you are equally sold on 2 guys, you can't with Cleveland there.

I speculated in the other thread, but I think Cleveland is playing coy on Darnold, they really want the Giants to trade out so they know they can take their QB (I assume Darnold at 1) and get Chubb or Barkley, which ever guy they covet, at 4.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

Wednesday, April 20, 2016:

"The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft in a trade with the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday, the Eagles announced. The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, a third- and fourth-round selection in this draft, next year's first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2018. The Eagles also got a conditional fifth-round pick (a compensatory fourth-rounder, if available) from the Browns next season".

Thursday, April 28, 2016:

First day of 2016 NFL Draft.

Perhaps Wednesday, April 18, 2018, we will get our wish?

let's hope so

17 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Why?  I think NYG would rather have 12,22,53,65 than splitting it.  Imo 2019 2nd is on thr table.  They want 2019 1st.  Beane is staying strong.  Come eve of or day of that 2nd becomes 1 and is done.

Because NYG may not be willing to drop to 12. I'm thinking about a trade to 7 or 8 and trading that pick with others to the Giants. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Because NYG may not be willing to drop to 12. I'm thinking about a trade to 7 or 8 and trading that pick with others to the Giants. 

I dont believe that.  Could be wrong but they would have the ability to manuever all around this draft for the guy they like.  A highly rated player will be there at 12.  i could see nelson sliding.  I could see them trading ODB to move into the top 10.  Alot of ifs but that is what i believe.

13 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Three ones is a nice package. I don’t know if the giants think it’s a great offer but it’s the best one on the table guaranteed.  We get to keep the the seconds and thirds and hopefully fill out our holes there. 

You're living in a dream world.

Absolutely no chance that both our 1sts this year and our 1st next year would get this done.

If they Giants made that deal, Gettleman wouldn't keep his job very long.

It's going to require at least one of our 2nd rounders and probably one of our 3rd rounders, as well.

13 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think the Bills move up Draft night if Allen goes #1.  They won't make that move to get any other QB other than Darnold.  JMO.

I think the inherent problem is if the Giants put that pick up for sale, someone is going up to get a QB.  If the pick is available, I think we have to get it to avoid getting locked out.  You think it's bad watching the Jets trade up to 3, it'll be real bad if we hold out on trading for 2 and the Dolphins or Pats go get it.

I think if Darnold is on the board that's how the Giants get the best offers from every team.  But I think there's 2 QBs we'd be willing to go get, we just aren't going to offer as much for a non-Darnold choice and the rest of the league will likely operate the same way.

ICB throwing out the rumors tonight

@incarceratedbob

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS** Source: Buffalo making another strong push to move up in draft Broncos most interested if Bills make strong offer. Bills have open line with Giants but no movement just yet on confirmed offer from 3-4 weeks ago, G-Men want another high pick included

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If true, the Broncos being willing to move back is a good indication that they don't intend to go QB

Likely a much more palatable trade than going up to 2 as well - if you can get your guy...

On 3/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, jrober38 said:

I don't think this is true at all. 

People are jumping to conclusions. 

One of two things are going to happen:

1. Browns pick Barkley #1 overall, Giants trade down and accumulate picks.

2. Browns pick a QB #1 overall, Giants pick Barkley. 

The Giants aren't trading their pick until they know if they can get Barkley.

If the Browns pick Allen or a non QB, the Giants are all over Darnold and will not trade out. If Darnold is gone they may try and move to 5 with the Broncos and move back one spot if the Jets are up for it, but most likely not past 5. Bills only real trading partner is at 7 if a QB falls. The Browns will not trade back - they already have enough picks. They need quality players. Why move back and get two guys that will not be better than Barkley or Chubb. They already have two first round picks and a ton of other picks. They also will sit the QB, so they will be selling Barkley the first year. Makes no sense to trade out for the Giants beyond the 5th pick and lose out on Chubb, Barkley or Nelson if they don't take a QB because they will want to pick a marquee player to make a run now.

Bills are too far back for the Giants to make that trade and leave Barkely or Chubb on the board for someone else. Very little chance they don't pick Darnold if the Browns go Allen. The Bills will not get Darnold and I don't see the Jets getting him either. Gettleman hasn't really been into trading back over the years from what I hear.

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

Bills are too far back for the Giants to make that trade and leave Barkely or Chubb on the board for someone else. Very little chance they don't pick Darnold if the Browns go Allen. The Bills will not get Darnold and I don't see the Jets getting him either. Gettleman hasn't really been into trading back over the years from what I hear.

He hasn't.  He's traded up for a player but not back.  I think he'll just go simple here and take Barkley or Chubb or maybe even Nelson.  He loves Hogmollies.

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

If the Giants take Barkley it's all good. As long as they don't take a QB, we'll be able to move up and get one of the big four.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:12 AM, Yav said:

I agree, and I'm not saying I like the idea, I just see it taking that much to move up to #2. 

Personally I'd rather they roll with AJ and keep the draft picks. What have any of these kids coming out of college done that he hasn't?

At the same time I can understand everyone's frustration with finding a QB.

yep.....lets hope we dont trade up and pick a good QB at 12

I think the Giants are just going to take Barkley at 2, assuming the Browns don't take him at 1.  I don't expect they'll get cute with a move down with Denver and risk losing him to Cleveland at 4.  I think our only path to #2 is to get #4 first.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, Heitz said:

ICB throwing out the rumors tonight

That might actually be better for the Bills, moving up to 5 (as long as the Browns don't sell the #4 pick to a QB needy team). 

I think Darnold goes #1. Then if the Giants keep their pick they go with Barkley. 

I reqlly think the Jets will take Mayfield. I just don't see Rosen in NY with how outspoken he's been on Woody Johnson's neighbor/good friend. 

The Broncos are the team I am worried about taking Rosen. So if we trade up to 5 with them, it eliminates that possibility, saves the Bills a bunch of draft capital and basically guarantees them one of the top 3 QBs. 

13 hours ago, horned dogs said:

One of the better case scenarios for the Bills might go this way:

Browns-Allen

Giants-Barkley

Jets-Mayfield

Then#4 or 5 

The 2 best QBs in the draft are left for the Bills to move up for!

Rather have Mayfield

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Bills at 12 (or elsewhere)

Potential asking price (if Buffalo stays at No. 12): Picks No, 12, 22, 53, 56 AND a 2019 first-round pick.
Why the Giants would do it: As with the scenarios above, this is about the volume. This would give the Giants seven picks (two No. 1s, three No. 2s, two No. 3s) in the first 69 — if they are willing to drop out of the top 10. They could add a lot of talent with that many picks. This also helps them set up their 2019 draft. Of course, with all of those picks they might even be able to move back up No. 6 (Indianapolis Colts) or No. 7 (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) if a player they covet is still sitting there.

Why the Bills would do it: At the flagship, Geoff Schwartz made the case that one way or another Buffalo has to get to the No. 2 pick because the Bills have no choice in this draft but to select a guy who could be their franchise quarterback. Buffalo might have to leap frog to No. 5 or No. 6 first to entice the Giants. That would, obviously, change the compensation.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Buffalo Bills at 12 (or elsewhere)

Potential asking price (if Buffalo stays at No. 12): Picks No, 12, 22, 53, 56 AND a 2019 first-round pick.
Why the Giants would do it: As with the scenarios above, this is about the volume. This would give the Giants seven picks (two No. 1s, three No. 2s, two No. 3s) in the first 69 — if they are willing to drop out of the top 10. They could add a lot of talent with that many picks. This also helps them set up their 2019 draft. Of course, with all of those picks they might even be able to move back up No. 6 (Indianapolis Colts) or No. 7 (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) if a player they covet is still sitting there.

Why the Bills would do it: At the flagship, Geoff Schwartz made the case that one way or another Buffalo has to get to the No. 2 pick because the Bills have no choice in this draft but to select a guy who could be their franchise quarterback. Buffalo might have to leap frog to No. 5 or No. 6 first to entice the Giants. That would, obviously, change the compensation.

I really don't think the taboo of falling out of the top ten is that big of a deal if you are passing on Chubb (I don't think Barkley should go second) already.

They have done lot of homework on Davenport and by the looks of it, the Giants have considered a trade down scenario.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Giants taking up close looks at QBs.

As they should, drafting second overall you need to look at all the top players. Although Allen really isnt a top player.

I absolutely believe the Giants could go QB. I've even argued that they have more justifications in taking a QB than any other position.

That being said, the Giants roster and the money they have tied up already before going out and paying Solder, doesnt tell me Gettleman is okay will a potential lack luster season, while developing a QB.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Giants taking up close looks at QBs.

Smoke

I think Gettleman wants us to give up a ransom, but I think Beane is reading the landscape and gambling a guy they like is going to be available in the ~6-8 range.  If they are going QB, they aren't trading anyway.

So many potential scenarios in play.  We could have made a very aggressive offer to the Giants that's caused them to go back and look at the QBs again to make sure they aren't missing something.  Or they could have offers no where near what they are hoping to see and be trying to drum up increased interest.    

13 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

The Bills would have to be slobbering in love with one of the quarterbacks to do that.  Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

Why? This is basically he same value as has been stated before. Tons of people are saying it will take our 2x 1sts in 2018, possibly our 2018 2nd, and a 2019 first to get up to number 2. 

This was literally the same value, except for we moved up to no. 4 first, then packaged with 12. You don't trade up to no.2 in the draft unless you are enamored with a guy. 

22 minutes ago, Mango said:

Why? This is basically he same value as has been stated before. Tons of people are saying it will take our 2x 1sts in 2018, possibly our 2018 2nd, and a 2019 first to get up to number 2. 

This was literally the same value, except for we moved up to no. 4 first, then packaged with 12. You don't trade up to no.2 in the draft unless you are enamored with a guy. 

That's literally what I said.  I was reacting to a post regarding the Bills trading to #2.