Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

13 hours ago, horned dogs said:

One of the better case scenarios for the Bills might go this way:

Browns-Allen

Giants-Barkley

Jets-Mayfield

Then#4 or 5 

The 2 best QBs in the draft are left for the Bills to move up for!

Not looking forward to Mayfield in the division

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wow.  And he went to OK?  

Bad news with the Rangers in play though.  Is he a second baseman?  He would be the tallest one in Texas.  He is a bit bigger than Altuve.

Yes, he is from Austin but grew up a Sooner fan, his parents went there. and he hates the Longhorns. They are on his “list” (also, they didn’t recruit him so there’s that)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, he is from Austin but grew up a Sooner fan, his parents went there. and he hates the Longhorns. They are on his “list” (also, they didn’t recruit him so there’s that)

As somebody who lived in OKC for a few years, that is not surprising. It is kind of no mans land in terms of fandom. There is a decent split between OU, OSU, and UT. Then a bunch of other college teams like Texas A&M, BYU, Auburn, Bama etc. 

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like Baker Mayfield, but it's little things like this that make me think he wouldn't be Beane or McD's first, second or third choice.  What he says here I'm sure some GM's find it telling.  He said he talked to the NFL guys and they said he needs to calm it down a bit but he indicates that there are some things that it doesn't matter what someone says to him, he's not going to budge on his stance.  Again, I like Baker a lot, but these are not words I see Beane and McD desire coming from a guy leading their culture.  So they (Texas) passed on you, you hold a grudge.  Leadership requires that you let it go and move on.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I like Baker Mayfield, but it's little things like this that make me think he wouldn't be Beane or McD's first, second or third choice.  What he says here I'm sure some GM's find it telling.  He said he talked to the NFL guys and they said he needs to calm it down a bit but he indicates that there are some things that it doesn't matter what someone says to him, he's not going to budge on his stance.  Again, I like Baker a lot, but these are not words I see Beane and McD desire coming from a guy leading their culture.  So they (Texas) passed on you, you hold a grudge.  Leadership requires that you let it go and move on.

Agree, i like him too and I think they like some things about him enough to dig as deep as they have. But the sheer number of meetings they have had with him make me think there were questions and not sure whether they had them answered.

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of info.  Thanks.  Since you know so much about him do you know if Barbarian is right and he is going the baseball route?  Also, is he really taller than Altuve?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agree, i like him too and I think they like some things about him enough to dig as deep as they have. But the sheer number of meetings they have had with him make me think there were questions and not sure whether they had them answered.

Yep.  This is why I'm taking deep breaths and saying it's OK if they don't draft the guy that I want them too.  I'm in my living room watching the guy play.  They have to meet with him daily, walk through things, eat breakfast with him, travel with him, wonder if they are going to have to clean up something he's said.  I like Mayfield, but I'm not seeing it for us.  

Just now, NewEraBills said:

Yep.  This is why I'm taking deep breaths and saying it's OK if they don't draft the guy that I want them too.  I'm in my living room watching the guy play.  They have to meet with him daily, walk through things, eat breakfast with him, travel with him, wonder if they are going to have to clean up something he's said.  I like Mayfield, but I'm not seeing it for us.  

Beane saw firsthand what it’s like having a PR challenge as the face of the franchise (Cam)... that may or may not frame his perception. Maybe he’s ok with it, but it’s definitely a factor. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IMO the Giants staying at 2 and drafting Barkley is best case scenario (unless there's two QBs we really want and they go 1-3).  The Giants staying at taking QB is worst case scenario.

I think our best scenario is Barkley #2 / Chubb #4 / Nelson #5, aka the teams who aren't desperate for QB taking the "elite" prospects. That would leave the Colts looking at the DBs / LBs with two of the "top 4" QBs on the board, ie perfect position for a favorable trade up to potentially get one of our guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Giants are milking the hell out of this one, and for Bills fan's sake I wish they'd just decide already ?. Seriously though, if the NYG stay at 2 I just cannot see them taking a QB. It would be for Barkley/ Chubb and the Browns stay at 4 to grab the one left by the Gmen. 

Rosen is Pauline's #1 QB as indicated in his draft rankings.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Giants are milking the hell out of this one, and for Bills fan's sake I wish they'd just decide already ?. Seriously though, if the NYG stay at 2 I just cannot see them taking a QB. It would be for Barkley/ Chubb and the Browns stay at 4 to grab the one left by the Gmen. 

Eight days! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2018 at 11:43 AM, JaCrispy said:

Rosen is worth it...trade next years 1st if you have to... we need our guy!

Two first and both second this year and next year’s first ??? For Rosen??  

2 concussions , spoiled liberal Jewish kid from LA !! 

He would be a GREAT fit here in Buffalo ?

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Two first and both second this year and next year’s first ??? For Rosen??  

2 concussions , spoiled liberal Jewish kid from LA !! 

He would be a GREAT fit here in Buffalo ?

you forgot great football player too.  mix of Matt Ryan and Eli Manning

On 4/16/2018 at 9:51 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm 100% sure if Darnold is available that the Giants take him. 

that's why any trade to 2 has to wait til draft night. and even if the browns take darnold, the only way to get no.2 is to ensure the giants can get no. 4 so a 3-way has to happen.

however, if the browns know that if we go to 2, that means qb 1,2,3, so barkley and chubb will still be at 4. why would they want to give that up?

i think we all just need to forget the top 5 spots crap and see who shakes out at 6 or after.

Would it be out of question if the Giants do trade back with the Bills they would trade back up to 5/6/ or 7 with the capital they gained from the Bills, but gained an extra first round this year and next year with only giving up an second and 4th to get back up to the 6th spot. Not saying that's the exact cost but that could be how it plays out.