While we are all rejoicing here.........

njbuff

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

He was wrong for this team...hope he does well in cleveland but he was wrong for us.

this team also went away from tyrod's strengths. not saying he is a great qb, far from it. but he does have strong points in his game. if cleveland utilizes them, they can probably do ok. especially with the talent they have, and are, assembling. i think most of us were ready to move on from tyrod, but he is an absolute class act. a good man, and a good teammate. i wish him well. 

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Barring injury, the Browns are going to be competitive next year, there's no doubt about it.

I have to think the team is starting to look attractive to free agents with the roster, cap room and remaining picks.

They were 0-16 last year, Champ.

OH and 16.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

You know what guys.................

Taylor might actually be what the doctor ordered for that Cleveland franchise.

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

I think this works out VERY WELL for both teams. 

What do you guys think.

3-13 and the Muni Lot is LIT

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh, ok got it (my bad).

Yeah, the Alex Smith situation is baffling to me. If they were willing to commit to a QB they should have given that deal to Cousins and kept Fuller and the pic.

They didn't because they couldn't.  They had their shot to sign Cousins for that the prev. 2 years, after last July he was like "FA for me, boy-o-s"

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m surprised that people are surprised with the return. They got a 3rd round pick for a guy that won more than half of his starts and never turns it over. That is about what we all should have expected if we took a step back.

I agree. But I think there is more to it than just the #s you write.  He had difficulty bringing the team back in the 4th quarter. They had difficulty moving the ball in the 1st quarter. We were never in the games against really competitive teams...ala  Saints, Chargers, Patriots...We were routed in all those games.  TT was good but a limited QB.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not at all, I expected around a 3rd. I am not even a little surprised. 

A few weeks ago I said I'd hope for a 3rd but more realistically expect a 4th. I actually did think it would be Cleveland but about 32 spots lower.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

You know what guys.................

Taylor might actually be what the doctor ordered for that Cleveland franchise.

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

I think this works out VERY WELL for both teams. 

What do you guys think.

I think the Browns are giving up a lot of assets for players that won’t be around after this year.  

I think they they will be better this year than last, but to give up a third for TT and pick up the option - cost them a lot and even if they win some games - he is likely there the one year.  Landry is the same way - huge contract and 2 picks for a guy on an expiring contract makes no sense.

I think by this time next year the Browns will be looking at these guys and hoping for Comp picks to replace them.

I also think after winning 6 or 7 games they are going to be working to figure out the HC situation and that could impact the draft picks from this year if they hire poorly again.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I dunno about compete...they're still the 4th best team in that division.

I'm not so sure about that. Ravens and/or Bengals could easily be worse. It depends on how they use their draft picks though. Last year I hated their picks of Peppers and Kizer and so far they're not looking good. But if they're smart with their money and draft they could make a big jump.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I don't think it matters.

They have an opportunity to pick a potential all pro QB with their first pick. They can afford to give away draft picks for solid established NFL players on expiring contracts if they hit on that QB....and I think they are confident they will.

Given the amount of cap room they have making these two trades barely puts a dent in their available space. 

I don’t think it matters in the moment, but after this coming season they will look back and be like what did we actually get for that draft capital we had.

The Sabres went through something similar- we have tons of picks, prospects, and cap space and then all of a sudden you realize you wasted picks and space to get little return.

I believe they have way overspent on players to make a push toward the middle of the pack and with many of these players on expiring contracts they will not recoup what they spent.

If they hit on the QB - they won’t really know next year if TT plays and if they end up at 6 wins and change coaches do they set back the top picks from this year with a new system?

We will see - they will be interesting to watch - especially as both Baltimore and Cincinnati have done a number on TT over his 3 years in Buffalo keeping his passing stats down and forcing him to play from the pocket.  

3 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

this team also went away from tyrod's strengths. not saying he is a great qb, far from it. but he does have strong points in his game. if cleveland utilizes them, they can probably do ok. especially with the talent they have, and are, assembling. i think most of us were ready to move on from tyrod, but he is an absolute class act. a good man, and a good teammate. i wish him well. 

No doubt.  They didn't want to commit to him and build around what he needs.  I think he can do well with all of the talent that will be around him in Cleveland if he ends up being the starter.

TT stats against the AFC North (excluding the Browns) when he was with us

Passing

Comp: 69

ATT:    111

Yards:  671 

TD: 3

Ints: 3

Running

Att: 18

Yards: 55

TD:  0

The Bills record on those (4) games is 1-3 - Ravens 0-1 - Steelers 0-1 - Bengals 1-1

Really tough defensive division. Good luck to him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Great for the Browns but I also don't really care if it works for them or not.

Our nightmare is over.  Onward and upward.

While moving on from Tyrod is the right thing to do, EJ was a nightmare, as was Losman. Edwards was hugely disappointing and Fitz was maddenly inconsistent. Tyrod was the best of this group, showed great class, and professionalism. Still, I was one calling for his head last year and now simply wish him well going forward. 

35 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Do you really believe this is the reason why he didn't work out here?  Last I checked it's the qb who makes the receivers good not the receiver who makes the qb good.

Andy Dalton really makes aj green look good huh

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh.

Id expect the Browns over under to be around 5 or 6 when the season starts. 

If its 4 or less I'm taking over and putting a lot of money on it.

Taking the over on a Hue Jackson coached team? Surely you could find a better and less stressful bet if your willing to wait 17 weeks for a payout.

Edited by Commonsense

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

THere were actually some here that said he was completely untradable

end of the 2nd start of the 3rd is quality offensive linemen area

Yep there were. I always thought he was and I actually said a 4th or a 5th and a 7th was the value I saw. First pick of the 3rd rpund is a great deal for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

No doubt.  They didn't want to commit to him and build around what he needs.  I think he can do well with all of the talent that will be around him in Cleveland if he ends up being the starter.

it almost looked at times like they purposely designed an offense to highlight his deficiencies. if clevelend's oc is a bit more savvy, taylor could have some moments there.

6 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

There is a laundry list of reasons why he wasn't productive this year.  You can't seriously blame it on just the receivers.

i agree with this statement. o-line had some problems, scheme, decline of the run game. but, tyrod's limitations are well documented, and he was charged to lead the offense. there was plenty of blame to go around. 

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Andy Dalton really makes aj green look good huh

Yes because Dalton isn't afraid to throw into double coverage or give him a back shoulder pass and actually give Green a chance to showcase his skills.  How would you know Aj Green was any good if Dalton never threw him the ball.  

6 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

While moving on from Tyrod is the right thing to do, EJ was a nightmare, as was Losman. Edwards was hugely disappointing and Fitz was maddenly inconsistent. Tyrod was the best of this group, showed great class, and professionalism. Still, I was one calling for his head last year and now simply wish him well going forward. 

Being the best of the bums is still being a bum. Tyrod is firmly in the "not good enough" camp, and I'm happy to see him go.

The Browns will never win a super bowl with Taylor and on top of that the Browns have two WR's that will demand targets. Taylor will not change his game, he will still play super conservative. If Gordon gets 2 targets in multiple games all I can say is get your popcorn ready.

14 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Great for the Browns but I also don't really care if it works for them or not.

Our nightmare is over.  Onward and upward.

Nightmare? You mean making it to the post season for the first time this century? Let me guess, TT had zero impact on that huh...? 

Haha people's disdain for TT is absolutely mind boggling. Looking at this board, you'd think we just shipped off Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel.

Most players traded away from this team, somehow end up on a better team that makes better decisions. We'll see how the Browns do. 

TBD is so telling.

Edited by 87168

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

This move makes a ton of sense for the Browns, allows whichever rookie they take to sit a season if need be. On our end I think we torched them in the trade regardless, a mobile QB who if you force him to be a QB almost always comes up short, a top 3rd round pick was highway robbery imo.

I agree, thank god for the Brown's. The reports are that Denver and Arizona were in talks for Taylor but their offer wasn't even close to what the Browns offered. 

4 minutes ago, 87168 said:

Nightmare? You mean making it to the post season for the first time this century? Let me guess, TT had zero impact on that huh...? 

Haha people's disdain for TT is absolutely mind boggling. Looking at this board, you'd think we just shipped off Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel.

Most players traded away from this team, somehow end up on a better team that makes better decisions. We'll see how the Browns do. 

TBD is so telling.

Thank poyer and Hyde and Dalton for the playoffs.  

Tyrod pretty much sucked then sucked harder in the postseason.