While we are all rejoicing here.........

njbuff

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea but Tyrod is not as good as you think he is. 

He won more than half of his games with suspect rosters. This Browns team is the most talented team that he will have played with. Do you disagree with that? If not which Bills teams were better and where? If you agree they are better why do you think that his record will go backwards? You are underestimating how his lack of mistakes help a talented team. They will make plays (especially down the field), not make mistakes, and play solid defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It's similar to our market conversation the other day.

If Alex Smith cost Fuller and a mid third, then the market for a QB like TT was set at 4th-5th, IMO.  Getting the top of the third is incredible.

The price tag though added to his value. Tyrod at that number is why he got more. It’s an NBA type of trade. The contract has value. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Pre or Post Trump 401k?

As of today

Anyone think that the Bills flip that pick for Foles? 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He won more than half of his games with suspect rosters. This Browns team is the most talented team that he will have played with. Do you disagree with that? If not which Bills teams were better and where? If you agree they are better why do you think that his record will go backwards? You are underestimating how his lack of mistakes help a talented team. They will make plays (especially down the field), not make mistakes, and play solid defense. 

I do disagree with that. Yep. I think the Browns have about 4 good players. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The price tag though added to his value. Tyrod at that number is why he got more. It’s an NBA type of trade. The contract has value. 

As of today

Anyone think that the Bills flip that pick for Foles? 

Crazy talk, but you're stepping up to the plate!

The Foles play seems very plausible after this move. 

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tyrod will struggle just as much in Cleveland as he did in Buffalo. Same weather, same poor mechanics and tendencies. I wish him all the best but he'll play it safe like he always has and the Browns will be kicking themselves for giving up #65. If he's a bridge qb it will be a very short bridge.

Agreed. Some will say that TT is an 8 win QB, and that 8 wins is a major upgrade for Cleveland. This is very flawed logic. TT was an 8 win QB with Buffalo. Cleveland is consistently in the basement for a reason. They are more than an average QB away from being an 8 win team imo. Landry and TT do not suddenly make the Browns a .500 club. TT would have been 4-12 without a stellar defense last season. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do disagree with that. Yep. I think the Browns have about 4 good players. 

I think that Joe Thomas comes back now. They will add Barkley (and a young QB). They still have Gordon, Coleman, Landry, Njoku, Garrett, Schobert, etc... and have tons of cap space and picks. Their defense was already pretty good. They will be talented this season. I also think crazy Todd Haley is a good fit.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You know what guys.................

Taylor might actually be what the doctor ordered for that Cleveland franchise.

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

I think this works out VERY WELL for both teams. 

What do you guys think.

I did say for months the only team that wants TT badly is the Browns.

They had 40 QB turnovers last year. 

With Barkley, a rookie sitting for a year, and a couple of d-backs the Brown will go from 0-16 to 6-8 wins this year.

Congrats to the Brown fans, your time is coming.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, njbuff said:

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

What do you guys think.

Think?  Poncho says:  BYE BYE HEMOROID!

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I did say for months the only team that wants TT badly is the Browns.

They had 40 QB turnovers last year. 

With Barkley, a rookie sitting for a year, and a couple of d-backs the Brown will go from 0-16 to 6-8 wins this year.

Congrats to the Brown fans, your time is coming.

I highly doubt any QB drafted so early will sit especially on the Browns... Let TT have 2 bad games and watch the rookie come in. in the NFL you either got it at QB or you don't.

28 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think.

Before I saw this thread, I said essentially the same thing in a post in another trade thread.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that Joe Thomas comes back now. They will add Barkley (and a young QB). They still have Gordon, Coleman, Landry, Njoku, Garrett, Schobert, etc... and have tons of cap space and picks. Their defense was already pretty good. They will be talented this season. I also think crazy Todd Haley is a good fit.

Gordon won't make it through the offseason without some puff and Coleman as much as I like him is always injured. 

I think the 2015 Bills team was loaded. Definitely better than this Browns team. Goodwin and Hogan both now starters on decent deals were our #4 and #5 receiver. 

Tyrod is what Tyrod is. He doesn't suddenly elevate. He is a good bridge for Cleveland and makes lots of sense there but he doesn't make them a winning team. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Gordon won't make it through the offseason without some puff and Coleman as much as I like him is always injured. 

I think the 2015 Bills team was loaded. Definitely better than this Browns team. Goodwin and Hogan both now starters on decent deals were our #4 and #5 receiver. 

Tyrod is what Tyrod is. He doesn't suddenly elevate. He is a good bridge for Cleveland and makes lots of sense there but he doesn't make them a winning team. 

I guess that I am just higher on their roster than you. It still has a lot of moving to go.

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m surprised that people are surprised with the return. They got a 3rd round pick for a guy that won more than half of his starts and never turns it over. That is about what we all should have expected if we took a step back.

TT for 65th overall

Jimmy G for 43 overall

I'm a little surprised.

Edited by inaugural balls

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think he’s going to be .500 with that team. You are the one that is expecting something other than who he has been. 

Nah. I expect him to be the same as he as been. A player who goes as his defense and run game goes. 

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

TT for 65th overall

Jimmy G for 43 overall

I'm a little surprised.

The Pats had a gun to their head. It’s a different situation. They had to pay the guy $20M, let him walk or trade him. They had no leverage. The Pats botched that situation badly. The Bills played their hand perfectly.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. I expect him to be the same as he as been. A player who goes as his defense and run game goes. 

We agree on that. That team will run the ball, hit big plays down the field and play good defense. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The Pats has a gun to their head. It’s a different situation. They had to pay the guy $20M, let him walk or trade him. They had no leverage. The Pats botched that situation badly. The Bills played their hand perfectly.

This is fair.

I might say it was botched intentionally by BB.

Still surprised - and delighted - by our get.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1st pick of the 3rd is better than I expected. 

Yep. VERY happy to get that for him.

45 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

He was wrong for this team...hope he does well in cleveland but he was wrong for us.

He’s wrong for any team unless they have the Baltimore D that Dilfer had...... good riddance!!!

14 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yep. VERY happy to get that for him.

He’s wrong for any team unless they have the Baltimore D that Dilfer had...... good riddance!!!

He's a very solid bridge QB IMO tho.  I think he will be the best cleveland has had in years...just like he was one of the best we've had in years.  That's not saying much but he wasn't the worst we've seen haha

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think.

I think they can win 8 games with him and the other trades and their draft picks. 

So Browns fans will be tickled pink. Not that bad a move for a regime that is pretty dad-gum unpopular.

59 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think.

They traded kizer already.

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think.

I think the Kizer horse will be curried in another stable.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

2015 called.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m surprised that people are surprised with the return. They got a 3rd round pick for a guy that won more than half of his starts and never turns it over. That is about what we all should have expected if we took a step back.

umm unless you have watch him play then you know that anything more than a bucket of spit is a steal 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think.

My father is a Browns fan.  I think the Browns are actually in a position now to compete.  Because Taylor helps Cleveland that does not mean it was a poor trade.  It most likley provides the ammo needed to get into the top 5 for a qb.  If the Qb Buffalo desires does not go 1 i could see them trading with NYG.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

My father is a Browns fan.  I think the Browns are actually in a position now to compete.  Because Taylor helps Cleveland that does not mean it was a poor trade.  It most likley provides the ammo needed to get into the top 5 for a qb.  If the Qb Buffalo desires does not go 1 i could see them trading with NYG.

I dunno about compete...they're still the 4th best team in that division. They'll be a little better but it's not hard to improve an 0-16 team. 

A backfield of Tyrod Taylor and Saquon Barkley, with a WR trio of Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, and Cory Coleman....actually sounds like a pretty good offense.

Add in what I'm sure will be a ton of money's worth of  free agents and 5 more high draft picks and the Browns could...dare I say it....win some games?!

• Like (+1) 2