While we are all rejoicing here.........

njbuff

You know what guys.................

Taylor might actually be what the doctor ordered for that Cleveland franchise.

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

I think this works out VERY WELL for both teams. 

What do you guys think.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree 100%. He stops the bleeding there and they have tons of weapons. It would have been nice to get Gordon instead of the pick :). They will take Allen I bet. 

He will be better than what they have there. But he will still have all the flaws he has shown here. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m surprised that people are surprised with the return. They got a 3rd round pick for a guy that won more than half of his starts and never turns it over. That is about what we all should have expected if we took a step back.

Alex Smith got a player and a third round pick, and he got an insane contract.

Are you kidding?

Not at all, I expected around a 3rd. I am not even a little surprised. 

Look at what Alex Smith got.  He was given $71M GTD.

TT won't get 10 cents GTD.  They got the same picks back, actually the Bills got a better pick.

That's CRAZY.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Look at what Alex Smith got.  He was given $71M GTD.

TT won't get 10 cents GTD.  They got the same picks back, actually the Bills got a better pick.

That's CRAZY.

Tyrod is getting $18M. The Chiefs also got a good young player. It’s not crazy at all. 

Tyrod is getting $18M. The Chiefs also got a good young player. It’s not crazy at all. 

Tyrod can be cut for zero dollars at the start of the league year by the Browns.

So to recap.  $71M GTD QB got a 3rd.  $0 GTD got a 3rd.

Beane killed it.  Your take is wrong here.

Edited by jmc12290

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

What do you guys think.

Yes it's an upgrade for Cleveland, but they had no other direction to travel.  At some point though, the Browns will be forced to throw the ball to win a game and their fans will understand the issue.

Tyrod will struggle just as much in Cleveland as he did in Buffalo. Same weather, same poor mechanics and tendencies. I wish him all the best but he'll play it safe like he always has and the Browns will be kicking themselves for giving up #65. If he's a bridge qb it will be a very short bridge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Tyrod can be cut for zero dollars at the start of the league year by the Browns.

So to recap.  $71M GTD QB got a 3rd.  $0 GTD got a 3rd.

Beane killed it.  Your take is wrong here.

You think that they are giving up a 3rd to cut a guy?!? A guy that could have been cut this week?!? Come on jmc, you are better than that. I’ll bet you my 401k he gets at least $18M guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They will go 6-10. 

I’m taking the over

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You think that they are giving up a 3rd to cut a guy?!? A guy that could have been cut this week?!? Come on jmc, you are better than that. I’ll bet you my 401k he gets at least $18M guaranteed.

No, that's not the point.

Even IF TT got $18M GTD, thinking we'd get the same pick the Chiefs got for Alex Smith is crazy.  Because Alex Smith cost a third to a team that paid him $71M.

He's paid like he's 3x the QB, and we got a BETTER pick.

Edited by jmc12290

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think.

We need Cleveland to suck forever. Cleveland again got duped and gave a 3rd for it hahahahaha

2 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Has to be something cooking 1) for a free agent QB 2) likely move up in the draft

I'm thinking it's a vet.  There's no way you go into the draft like this with teams knowing exactly what you will have to do.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

No, that's not the point.

Even IF TT got $18M GTD, thinking we'd get the same pick the Chiefs got for Alex Smith is crazy.  Because Alex Smith cost a third to a team that paid him $71M.

He's paid like he's 3x the QB, and we got a BETTER pick.

Oh, ok got it (my bad).

Yeah, the Alex Smith situation is baffling to me. If they were willing to commit to a QB they should have given that deal to Cousins and kept Fuller and the pic.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m surprised that people are surprised with the return. They got a 3rd round pick for a guy that won more than half of his starts and never turns it over. That is about what we all should have expected if we took a step back.

First pick in the third is about a round and a half better than I thought could be gotten for Tyrod. I admit it 

Oh, ok got it (my bad).

Yeah, the Alex Smith situation is baffling to me. If they were willing to commit to a QB they should have given that deal to Cousins and kept Fuller and the pic.

It's similar to our market conversation the other day.

If Alex Smith cost Fuller and a mid third, then the market for a QB like TT was set at 4th-5th, IMO.  Getting the top of the third is incredible.

• Like (+1) 2