While we are all rejoicing here.........

njbuff

5 minutes ago, 87168 said:

Nightmare? You mean making it to the post season for the first time this century? Let me guess, TT had zero impact on that huh...? 

Haha people's disdain for TT is absolutely mind boggling. Looking at this board, you'd think we just shipped off Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel.

Most players traded away from this team, somehow end up on a better team that makes better decisions. We'll see how the Browns do. 

TBD is so telling.

Yeah yeah, once EJ got on a "real" team, he really showed us!

Tyrod was painful to watch every Sunday. His brand of football made my Bills days less fun.

14 hours ago, njbuff said:

You know what guys.................

Taylor might actually be what the doctor ordered for that Cleveland franchise.

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

I think this works out VERY WELL for both teams. 

What do you guys think.

I’m sorry, But when you put a new uniform on an absolutely crappy quarterback he is still a crappy quarterback. He always will be. I don’t care how many weapons you put around him. He is incapable of using them. Every Bills fan should know that by now!Now that he is gone I would recommend no attempts at revisionist history.

2 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

it almost looked at times like they purposely designed an offense to highlight his deficiencies. if clevelend's oc is a bit more savvy, taylor could have some moments there.

i agree with this statement. o-line had some problems, scheme, decline of the run game. but, tyrod's limitations are well documented, and he was charged to lead the offense. there was plenty of blame to go around. 

They didn't want to design an offense around a guy that they didn't want there.  I understand that.  They want to build the team through the draft and get their QB that way.  Buffalo has seen way too many QBs from other teams over the years, I think they want to change that.  No more basement QB pickups turned into starter like so many of our previous QBs have been.  They didn't want to stick with that.  

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

They didn't want to design an offense around a guy that they didn't want there.  I understand that.  They want to build the team through the draft and get their QB that way.  Buffalo has seen way too many QBs from other teams over the years, I think they want to change that.  No more basement QB pickups turned into starter like so many of our previous QBs have been.  They didn't want to stick with that.  

i believe most of the fanbase was ready for that as well. 

4 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i believe most of the fanbase was ready for that as well. 

I think this year will be a tough year record wise.  I don't know if we will be as good as last year in that category but it'd be a mistake to doubt them.  That being said, the following year...that is when this team can really do some damage.  It'd be year 2 of QB and we'd be coming off an offseason where we had a ton of cap.  We also have 9 draft picks so far for 2019 which can increase if we take the compensatory route.

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think this year will be a tough year record wise.  I don't know if we will be as good as last year in that category but it'd be a mistake to doubt them.  That being said, the following year...that is when this team can really do some damage.  It'd be year 2 of QB and we'd be coming off an offseason where we had a ton of cap.  We also have 9 draft picks so far for 2019 which can increase if we take the compensatory route.

i am not overly concerned with the record. i just want to see a promising young qb and have a feeling like we are headed in the right direction. and some of that "draft capital" for 2019 may be spent to grab our qb this year. and i am comfortable with that too. if we get our guy, then everything else will work itself out. 

Gordon and Landry will be calling for Taylor's head on a platter by week 5. Two diva WR's that want crazy targets with a QB who is ultra conservative with how and when he passes the football.  It will be very entertaining.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Agreed. Some will say that TT is an 8 win QB, and that 8 wins is a major upgrade for Cleveland. This is very flawed logic. TT was an 8 win QB with Buffalo. Cleveland is consistently in the basement for a reason. They are more than an average QB away from being an 8 win team imo. Landry and TT do not suddenly make the Browns a .500 club. TT would have been 4-12 without a stellar defense last season. 

They have draft picks #1 and #4 which should translate into 2 excellent players if they draft well.

The Browns are going to the playoffs.   Everyone is going to be like "WTF?   How did they get so good in one year?" 

Cleveland will draft S Barkley #1 now. With Taylor, Duke Johnson and Barkley the Browns will be #1 in rushing offense.

They will draft a QB at #4 or trade back to a QB thirsty team like Buffalo.

The 'D' in Cleveland is young and stacked.

Cleveland will be 7-9 to 9-7 because turnovers are reduced.

In typical Bills fashion, they may loose a wild card spot to Cleveland, unless they play their cards right.

1 hour ago, swnybillsfan said:

i am not overly concerned with the record. i just want to see a promising young qb and have a feeling like we are headed in the right direction. and some of that "draft capital" for 2019 may be spent to grab our qb this year. and i am comfortable with that too. if we get our guy, then everything else will work itself out. 

100% agreed

4 hours ago, PolishDave said:

They have draft picks #1 and #4 which should translate into 2 excellent players if they draft well.

The Browns are going to the playoffs.   Everyone is going to be like "WTF?   How did they get so good in one year?" 

Fair enough, but I don’t them as a playoff team whatsoever. The future is looking up for the Browns, but it’s not happening next season imo. 

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Cleveland will draft S Barkley #1 now. With Taylor, Duke Johnson and Barkley the Browns will be #1 in rushing offense.

They will draft a QB at #4 or trade back to a QB thirsty team like Buffalo.

The 'D' in Cleveland is young and stacked.

Cleveland will be 7-9 to 9-7 because turnovers are reduced.

In typical Bills fashion, they may loose a wild card spot to Cleveland, unless they play their cards right.

I can imagine the Ravens having TT’s number with Harbaugh still around, and TT will never beat Roethlisberger in a dual. That’s four losses right there. The Browns rank low on the list of my concerns for 2018. TT will still stink, and Landry will probably be suspended for something stupid by mid season. 

On 3/9/2018 at 6:12 PM, njbuff said:

You know what guys.................

Taylor might actually be what the doctor ordered for that Cleveland franchise.

He doesn't make mistakes and the Browns can groom their young QB's (Kizer and a draft pick).

I think this works out VERY WELL for both teams. 

What do you guys think.

You mean the same Kizer that got traded to GB immediately after they got Tyrod?

4 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Fair enough, but I don’t them as a playoff team whatsoever. The future is looking up for the Browns, but it’s not happening next season imo. 

I can imagine the Ravens having TT’s number with Harbaugh still around, and TT will never beat Roethlisberger in a dual. That’s four losses right there. The Browns rank low on the list of my concerns for 2018. TT will still stink, and Landry will probably be suspended for something stupid by mid season. 

Tyrod > Flacco at this point in his career

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You mean the same Kizer that got traded to GB immediately after they got Tyrod?

Tyrod > Flacco at this point in his career

That may be true about Flacco, but I was thinking more about Harbaugh’s relationship with TT. Tyrod does not play well when teams are able to properly plan for him. Harbaugh’s familiarity with TT should allow him to expose TT’s weaknesses. Additionally, the Browns play the NFC South this season. With the exception of th Bucs game, does everyone remember how well TT played against that conference? TT deserves credit for pulling us out of our playoff drought. That doesn’t mean the 2018 Browns will be a .500 team. I just don’t see that happening as easily as some.