Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Interesting that Dorsey doesn't believe it even with Hue lobbying for a guy he helped to develop in CIN.   If AJ is such a good prospect he should have been able to challenge Andy Dalton as the Bengals' starter.  He remains AJ Meh-Carron IMO. 

Perhaps in ways he did challenge A Dalton eh,

I mean we never really know what goes on in the minds of the coaches and players until they make the switch.

Did you think McD would pull Taylor for Peterman? 

Just now, Figster said:

I mean we never really know what goes on in the minds of the coaches and players until they make the switch.

Based on everything I saw from Peterman, I believed it to be a mistake and it was even worse than I imagined.  Colossal Failure!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Figster said:

A J could be an improvement over Taylor and you just gave up a high 3rd round pick 

I get it...

What do you get?

We all know that Hue liked AJ but why do people assume that guys like AJ and Keenum are aspiring to sign short, cheap contacts early in FA and commit to being bridge QB's?:lol:

It's MORE than safe to assume they've had discussions with AJ's agent and he was looking for a lot more commitment than they were willing to give when they intend to draft a QB early and hopefully make that guy the face of their franchise.

Tell me what I'm missing here........love to hear it.:rolleyes:

Just now, Figster said:

The Bengals are too stodgy and cheap to ever challenge Andy. He and Marvin are “good enough” ... it’s laughable how they are so complacent 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Based on everything I saw from Peterman, I believed it to be a mistake and it was even worse than I imagined.  Colossal Failure!

While the outcome may not have been to our likings it helped Buffalo get a better evaluation on the QB position/Peterman in my humble opinion.

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What do you get?

We all know that Hue liked AJ but why do people assume that guys like AJ and Keenum are aspiring to sign short, cheap contacts early in FA and commit to being bridge QB's?:lol:

It's MORE than safe to assume they've had discussions with AJ's agent and he was looking for a lot more commitment than they were willing to give when they intend to draft a QB early and hopefully make that guy the face of their franchise.

I get why Browns fans are saddened by the development

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What do you get?

Seriously.  I can't think of a single FA QB with limited playing time who took less money for a chance to compete for a starting job.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

The only way this move happens is if there is a deal in place to get our QB. Now THAT is the big news that everyone should be excited about

Exactly! Now we will see if it’s in FA or if we trade up and get one of the top 4 QBs in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I get why Browns fans are saddened by the development

Why?  Seems like your answer is you'd just expect some stud QB to come in and agree to be a bridge for your woebegone franchise.

It's a bridge QB situation.

If they sign McCarron they are on the hook for $50M-$75M when they have NO INTENTION OF GIVING HIM THE KEYS LONG TERM.

If he plays poorly you are screwed and if he plays just decent ball.........you have a QB controversy.  

Look at the players the Bills usually get with a third round pick............Preston Brown........John Miller........Adolphus Washington...........those are the HITS.......and they are JAGS.........it's a small price to pay for a capable bridge season from a QB if you think you are drafting the next great young QB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

He’s not thrilled because he was probably expecting two 1st rounders for Tyrod...

Yeah I mean that happens when you trade players in Madden right? Why wouldnt it happen in real life...

I’m excited to see where the Bills go from here- they obviously have some sort of plan in mind. Id prefer to find “our guy” to stick around for 15+ years, so whatever it takes to get there is fine by me. Would it be nice to get a vet QB and keep as many picks as possible? Sure, if it makes sense. As it stands, we have the resources to get whoever we deem worthy... it’s up to McDermott and Beane to get this right.

...and with that, I’d like to thank #5 for being a class act and doing his thing. He helped end the drought and put us into a position to get a potential long term answer for our position. Thank you Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why?  Seems like your answer is you'd just expect some stud QB to come in and agree to be a bridge for your woebegone franchise.

It's a bridge QB situation.

If they sign McCarron they are on the hook for $50M-$75M when they have NO INTENTION OF GIVING HIM THE KEYS LONG TERM.

If he plays poorly you are screwed and if he plays just decent ball.........you have a QB controversy.  

Look at the players the Bills usually get with a third round pick............Preston Brown........John Miller........Adolphus Washington...........those are the HITS.......and they are JAGS.........it's a small price to pay for a capable bridge season from a QB if you think you are drafting the next great young QB.

I'm not saying the trade makes zero sense for the Browns organization because I think players will rally behind Taylor,

Myself personally though BAD I feel like Buffalo has gotten a good gauge on Taylors ceiling in the passing department. A J McCarron's ceiling on the other hand has not been determined at the pro level. So as a Brown or Bill fan my preference is to move forward with a QB that might become franchise be it draft or through FA.

If that makes any sense and with all due respect sir,

and while the 3rd round pick in and of itself doesn't always get the return you would want, the high round pick could be that extra bargaining power we need to get our guy...  

Edited by Figster

24 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

How likely would another trade with the Browns to move up be?

I would think if the Browns were going to trade one of the 1st rounder's to the Bills, Taylor would have been involved directly in that trade. Why come back later?

1.)  The Browns have difficulty with paperwork and a multiplayer/pick trade may be too much for them to handle.

2.)  You usually get a better deal trading back as you get closer to the draft as their will probably be multiple teams looking to trade up to the #1 or 4 spot.  Let the best offer win.

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

1.)  The Browns have difficulty with paperwork and a multiplayer/pick trade may be too much for them to handle.

2.)  You usually get a better deal trading back as you get closer to the draft as their will probably be multiple teams looking to trade up to the #1 or 4 spot.  Let the best offer win.

Haha, yeah they like to keep it simple.

5 hours ago, billspro said:

I have never been more excited for an offseason. I think the writing is on the wall now, we are trading up for a QB.

I hope it is Darnold,

Why?? I don’t get this. Why do you want Darnold over Rosen and Mayfield?

and if you’re going to mention “character issues,” don’t bother. 

10 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is 100% the case. You don’t make this move unless you have a really good grasp on what else is coming.  Even if it means Peterman, Foles, Trade up, or FA

Disagree.  It is probably the case that other pins will fall in order.  But, you can get any value at all for TT you take it.  We got GREAT value!

10 hours ago, CLTbills said:

And the Browns stay in the pit of misery! Dilly dilly!!

Haha, most likely now...

Kidding aside they are making moves to get to 6-10.  I don't like what they are doing.  BUT, can't tell what the Browns are actually doing till the #1 and #4 picks are gone in the draft.

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Highway robbery... I was guessing if we traded for him it would have been a 5th

Agreed.  I thought a 5th AT BEST!

10 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm betting the deal for Foles is done.  You don't trade your starter without a guy ready to replace him.

I am starting to Billieve a deal for Foles may be done.  A little connecting the dots with articles and a gut feeling.

10 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I certainly think the Browns take Allen now.  T-Mobile is not the long-term answer for them but he can give them two years, which allows Allen time to digest the playbook.

Oh my.  It may work out for the Browns....but, if they take Allen and with all these moves I think they are imploding.  And, handing back the draft picks they acquired for half a decade back to the field.  I hope they execute a good plan this offseason.  But, I don't feel good for them!

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Has anyone checked on ScottLaw to make sure he's ok?  

Bahahaha

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heart you Beane

Magic!  Well, well, well, another sign of a better constructed FO team top to bottom.  And, MAGIC!!

11 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Why is everyone I see assuming that we are "trading" for Foles? Isn't signing McCarron at least as likely? Or Bridgewater even as a bridge?

No...signing McCarron IMO is less likely than trading for Foles.

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Beane Made a decisive move In regards to Tyrod. Beane was able to get the 65th pick and the move frees up a ton of cap space. This was an amazing deal.  Beane turned a quarter who didn’t improve from start one to his last start into a valuable draft pick. Beane May be able  to parlay this extra pick  into a REAL franchise quarterback. 

On a side note, you really do need to stop quoting people’s posts and making a snarky remark. Why don’t you try and contribute something relevant. 

I do contribute...or think I do...I disagree with the comment that it's the best deal in Bills history...

unbelievable.

a win-win for all concerned. we get to move on from a qb who is ultra conservative and has many qb 'issues'. Tyrod couldn't have landed in a better scenario, Hue will get the most out of him. still can't believe we got the last pick of the second round for him though. 

now we just need to go get our guy in the draft and i will be ecstatic.

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

I do contribute...or think I do...I disagree with the comment that it's the best deal in Bills history...

it might not be the best, but it is certainly up there with the best.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

A few quick thoughts.....

1) I am not completely surprised that we acquired a 3rd for Tyrod.  He did have some value after all.

2) The Browns were said to be very interested in McCarron. He would now seem to be a possibility for the Bills although things do point to Foles imo.

3) Could we get Foles for a 2nd and a 3rd? Kirwin had predicted that it would cost us Tyrod and a 1st. I heard him say it. Whaley would have probably coughed up our entire draft.

4) Are we sure Peterman will make the 2018 roster?

5) I looks like a good time to be a Bills Fan. Congrats to all who have waited so long!

6) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I can't believe we got a 3rd for TT. Now Beane can carry out his ultimate plan and draft 6 QBs in the first 65 picks. 

One QB will be just fine, thank you. Just as long as it's the right guy. Beane seems to be doing a good job. Let's see who he chooses, eh...