Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

34 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Great trade.

that being said, GL to Tyrod. He was always classy and one helluva competitor. Love watching him play when he’s on. 

I enjoyed those 3 games too.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where you pick in deals is critical.

That's the reason why the Bills got caught up in the Percy Harvin scam instead of getting Brandon Marshall before his enormous season in 2015........Bills pick was a few clicks later in the round than the Jets.

If the Bills want to trade for a vet like Martavis Bryant to give their new QB a WR who can actually get open then having the last pick of the original 3rd round is a big edge over teams offering their 4th.

2 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I had this opinion too, but I am ok with this.   I do think we are drafting in the first round but one of the veterans that available will be announced soon.  (Foles, Cousins, Keenum) etc.   I cant see this regime making this move without a concrete plan in the works. 

When trading in season Beane had this formula so one would think he has it out of season. If it's a trade maybe he got the Browns #3 to give to Eagles for Foles who want a 1 and 3 for him. Or at least they say the price starts there.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I guess I am not as anti-Tyrod as you are. I honestly thought we'd draft a prospect, allow the prospect to sit the bench (tossing him out unprepared ala the last 20 years) - and Tyrod was the placeholder until the newbie was ready.

Nate Peterman could be the bridge QB. No way of telling how fast a QB can develop, it took Rich Gannon more than a few years to become a good QB. The thing I like about Peterman Is that he is a gunslinger. I think rookies should be like Peyton Manning and throw their INT's in their rookie years and improve as a passer each year. You don't improve as a passer when you play the QB position like Taylor does.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sunshynman said:

Browns trade Kizer to Packers for Randall. Browns will still pick a QB in draft. Are the Packers thinking of possibly trading Rogers?

Id give the our 2 -1sts for him!

He's probably turned into a celebrity now. Unfocused, chasing tail.

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Three teams wanted TT possibly including Denver but this crowd is happy to see him go.  LOL. 

Hey I get it. New regime. New players. They better have a plan to get a veteran.

With Tyrod's physical gifts and work ethic, you hang around just hoping for one...more...game when he pops over the top and consistently starts to light it up. He just never did, and when you're this deep in and get a few >100 yards passing, it's hard to keep waiting.  And that playoff game....oh my.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

When trading in season Beane had this formula so one would think he has it out of season. If it's a trade maybe he got the Browns #3 to give to Eagles for Foles who want a 1 and 3 for him. Or at least they say the price starts there.

Just say no to Foles. He plays a few good games well with a great team around him. We use the picks to trade for a real starter or move up for a QB.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Nate Peterman could be the bridge QB. No way of telling how fast a QB can develop, it took Rich Gannon more than a few years to become a good QB. The thing I like about Peterman Is that he is a gunslinger. I think rookies should be like Peyton Manning and throw their INT's in their rookie years and improve as a passer each year. You don't improve as a passer when you play the QB position like Taylor does.

I can't disagree with the last, but seriously? Nate Peterman!? Oy.

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Josh Gordon will not like that.

Yeah you have to either not be a Bills fan or have a degenerative brain issue to think that Tyrod will be checking the ball down all the time with Josh Gordon outside the numbers..........same people that dogged him for checking down used to dog him cuz "all Tyrod did" was throw deep to Sammy/Harvin/Goodwin.:lol: