Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

2 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

It’s dumb to be without a starting caliber QB when you are trying to make deals.  And yes Tyrod is a starting level QB, and not a bad one.  Bills just lost leverage and fallback position.

So they should have pissed away 6mill in cap and said screw the 1st pick in the 3rd? This is what a FO does to become a winner in the future.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Cleveland drafts Saquon Barley and suddenly you have TT, Saq, Gordon & Landry and it looks good. Then you realize TT had Woods and Watkins and did not much with them. 

And Goodwin who played well enough for the Niners to get a BIG raise.

15 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind shipping a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles, and keep the remainder of our picks. 

What i I don’t want is to overpay for him in draft picks. 

You could think of it as a second and Taylor if it happens.

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think you'll be pissed if we do trade for Foles, then.

If we trade for Foles, no way are we also going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold.

I hope we don't trade for Foles.  I don't understand why people would rather trade for him than go up and get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold.

Fully agree man.

Ive said a few times now that I can't see Beane trading a 2nd + for Foles and still trading up for a QB.

Which is why I don't want to trade for Foles at all. 

I think if we trade for him they likely view him as our starter for a couple/few years at least.

I don't think he's anything more than an average bridge QB. He's 1 year older than Tyrod. He is what he is at this point IMO. We know his ceiling, and it's not as the type of QB who can consistently elevate the team around him. I don't think he will ever be that elite type of QB you DNA compete for championships year in and out with. He's very streaky. He will get hot for a few games and then go cold for stretches. He really only had roughly a handful of games where he's really been great. Otherwise he's been average/mediocre and even poor at times. 

So why not shoot for one of the big 3 draft prospects who have elite potential? 

No risk, no reward! 

• Like (+1) 1

Lets see who they bring in before the celebration. I am not sure if people were not here yet or have memory loss but QB play can be much worse than Tyrod. I have never been for going all in on Tyrod but until you have a better option I do think he is a QB that can win games. Especially for a team that has minimal weapons. I dont think any QB could have done much better with the roster the Bills had last year on the offensive side of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Whatever Beane and McD decide I think I'll be OK with for the most part as I now trust the process after todays move.  These guys are serious about getting a a QB to get us to the next level.  Foles still has about 8 years in his tank and I'm cool with that as well but would like to see a Rudolph, Jackson or White to develop behind him.  

The NFL is about to open up a ton in the next 2-3 years as the following will most likely be gone - Brady, Ben, Eli, Rivers and Brees

I want us to be 100% ready to go and make some serious noise.

I don't think Foles is the answer. There will still be other great QB's in the league(Newton, Ryan, Rodgers, Wilson, Wentz)

I would love to see Beane swing for the fences and trade up for a top guy this year. Trading a 2nd rounder for Foles feels like the same old Bills that don't have a true stud Qb. 

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Man, so now we wait for either the Browns or Bills to mess up this trade before Wednesday. That's more than enough time for these teams to screw it up. 

Ya, we should probably keep the celebration subdued until it is official. Don't want them thinking they screwed up.B-)

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

So they should have pissed away 6mill in cap and said screw the 1st pick in the 3rd? This is what a FO does to become a winner in the future.

Yep.  Now They have no real starting caliber QB and we know how that works out for teams - especially the Bills.  It can be a long time coming before they get a guy that has been as successful as Tyrod and I’m telling you that Foles and Cousins are the product of good coaching and systems - they aren’t transcendent talent otherwise they wouldn’t be on the market. The rookies are no guarantee.  You take your medicine on paying the roster bonus because a third rounder  or any draft pick for that matter is a crapshoot to be a good player.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Holy smokes,  I read it here he was worthless for trade.  Or maybe only a 6th?

Godspeed, Tyrod, and thanks for what you did.  You never quit, and you always went hard.

Amen.

Netting the 1st pick in the 3rd round is a far, far cry from what many were claiming we'd get for him.

This was an absolute no-brainer in terms of pulling the trigger.  But they have to know what they want to do at QB now and I sincerely sincerely sincerely hope it still involves drafting a 1st round QB even if they trade for a guy like Foles or bring in a FA like McCarron or Bridgewater.

I think maybe BLM had a premonition the other day in us trading up with the Giants to #2 for Rosen.  Replace Rosen with Mayfield and I'm much much more excited.

Boom Shakalaka!!!!!  We will prolly move up to the 3 hole now.  I was impressed with allens combine but still thats in shorts and a tshirt.  But i guess i dont mind what the bills do at this point as long as they dont pull a viking and dont get there pick in.

2 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Yep.  Now They have no real starting caliber QB and we know how that works out for teams - especially the Bills.  It can be a long time coming before they get a guy that has been as successful as Tyrod and I’m telling you that Foles and Cousins are the product of good coaching and systems - they aren’t transcendent talent otherwise they wouldn’t be on the market. The rookies are no guarantee.  You take your medicine on paying the roster bonus because a third rounder  or any draft pick for that matter is a crapshoot to be a good player.

You got me, I honestly have nothing to say to this.