Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is a reason why the Browns went out and got a veteran qb. They just acquired Landry who said that he won't sign a deal with Cleveland if they didn't have a qb. So  even if they sign a rookie qb they have an experienced qb to play with the receiver who they want to sign a deal with. 

Alright. i can believe that.
They must have known the target when selling the bill of goods to Jarvis. Be foolish to go into that deal blind for Landry.

great point JC

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ya think?

Not sure the potential to get the Bills next Preston Brown or Adolphus Washington or John Miller represents any actual "Wow" value for a starting QB.:lol:

I'm really good with the return.......the Bills didn't want Tyrod.......but let's be realistic about what it's actually worth.........those dudes above represent some of the Bills BETTER 3rd round picks.:lol:

The Browns were far from fleeced.

They should get a great year of bridge production from a QB who will bring some normalcy to their operation and hopefully rehabilitate the image of their HC so they don't have to do another re-set.

Very good deal for the Browns.

If they want to select a first round QB there wasn't a better or cheaper fit to accomplish what they need on the market.    

6 minutes ago, flomoe said:

I’m guessing the Browns need to get to the cap floor again, just like last year. I’m sure they don’t really want or need Tyrod, nobody does, but they need the cap space eaten up.

Tyrod Fan ??

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The browns overpaying or wrongly evaluating a player? Never.

Everybody acting vindicated that Tyrod netted a upper 3rd round pick needs to realize who offered that pick.

It's the Browns.

You can't use their player evaluation as a barometer.

Who cares?

Taylor did net more than many ever suspected he'd net.  He netted more than I thought.

And the Browns reportedly weren't the only team trying to trade for him, even before his $6 million bonus.

Vindication all around  :beer:

It was a super smart trade.  Taylor's gone.  I promise I won't start a single thread again on Tyrod Taylor.  He's not a Buffalo Bill anymore, thus, I am no longer a Tyrod Taylor fan.

Let's go get Andrew Luck/Kirk Cousins/Sam Darnold/Baker Mayfield/Josh Rosen/Lamar Jackson... in that order, please :thumbsup: 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The browns overpaying or wrongly evaluating a player? Never.

Everybody acting vindicated that Tyrod netted a upper 3rd round pick needs to realize who offered that pick.

It's the Browns.

You can't use their player evaluation as a barometer.

c'mon man at some point they need to have luck hit them in the choo choo.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it's VERY likely they have a line on a veteran replacement as a bridge.........they won't go into the draft with only Nate Peterman at QB on the roster, IMO.   

I know we all have a little more faith in this FO, but I’m still not convinced this was a good move unless they’ve got a really good deal in place for someone cheaper and with more upside than Tyrod.  Peterman should consider himself lucky to still be on an NFL roster. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Is it Christmas?! Wow!! Beane might of pulled off the best deal ever in Bills history. Not to think about how much more this adds to the cap. I think it is $11.5?!

A 3rd round pick is the best deal in Bills history? Come on. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KingRex said:

We're trading up for a QB now.  It looks like we're in for a long losing 2018 while we train up our "franchise" QB.

Why?  while they still draft a Top-10 QB, they could still be trading for a Foles or signing a FA like Bradford or a cheaper option like AJ, or Glennon.  I think the Bills have a lot of options.  With the talent pool for QBs in this years draft being so high and at the same time with so many FA's available, I think the BIlls will get a QB that is at least on par with Tyrod Taylor and still be able to draft a franchise QB.

Just now, aristocrat said:

Tyrod Is the best qb the browns have had in a decade or more. They upgraded at the most important position. Now the rookie will come in and take over mid season or something 

Josh McCown was and is better.

And don't even get me started on JFF....

Edited by jmc12290