Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

9 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

I know we all have a little more faith in this FO, but I’m still not convinced this was a good move unless they’ve got a really good deal in place for someone cheaper and with more upside than Tyrod.  Peterman should consider himself lucky to still be on an NFL roster. 

It's a good move from the standpoint that they weren't going to re-sign Tyrod and they really need to be 100% about getting a young franchise QB this offseason.    I like TT but it's TIME.

I think it was a BETTER move for the Browns............the value of salvaging Hue Jackson's job by allowing him to get off the mat with a QB who has proven he can win with a bad OL and bad WR is HUGE.    Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got to 8 wins next year.    That team has A LOT of young talent.......they need a veteran all-terrain kinda' QB like TT right now.    

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, flomoe said:

The Browns were going to be way under the cap floor this year unless the made some stupid moves to take on salary. This is one of those moves.

Seriously?  Obtaining players like Suh would do that.  They most likely highly value Tyrod in their system.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a good move from the standpoint that they weren't going to re-sign Tyrod and they really need to be 100% about getting a young franchise QB this offseason.    I like TT but it's TIME.

I think it was a BETTER move for the Browns............the value of salvaging Hue Jackson's job by allowing him to get off the mat with a QB who has proven he can win with a bad OL and bad WR is HUGE.    Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got to 8 wins next year.    That team has A LOT of young talent.......they need a veteran all-terrain kinda' QB like TT right now.    

Buy your season tickets now ???

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

A 3rd round pick is the best deal in Bills history? Come on. 

Beane Made a decisive move In regards to Tyrod. Beane was able to get the 65th pick and the move frees up a ton of cap space. This was an amazing deal.  Beane turned a quarter who didn’t improve from start one to his last start into a valuable draft pick. Beane May be able  to parlay this extra pick  into a REAL franchise quarterback. 

On a side note, you really do need to stop quoting people’s posts and making a snarky remark. Why don’t you try and contribute something relevant. 

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And a rookie as some are calling for is going to achieve miracles with the same talent more or less?

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Tyrod Is the best qb the browns have had in a decade or more. They upgraded at the most important position. Now the rookie will come in and take over mid season or something 

I was just looking that up.

Highlighted green are Browns only winning seasons.

1996–1998
Suspended operations
1999 Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
2000 Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
2001 Tim Couch (16)
2002 Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2003 Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2014 Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2)/ Connor Shaw (1)
2015 Josh McCown (8) / Johnny Manziel (6) / Austin Davis (2)
2016 Robert Griffin III (5) / Josh McCown (3) / Cody Kessler (8)
2017 DeShone Kizer (15) / Kevin Hogan (1)

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Taylor did net more than many ever suspected he'd net.  He netted more than I thought.

This is because we spend too much time on here. The league perception of Tyrod is wildly different from the Buffalo perception.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns traded the first pick in the 3rd round for a player who, if everything goes right, won't play more than 8 games or so for them.  There's certainly a chance that he'll be surrounded by weapons, can win ~9 games for them and they can turn around and flip him for similar value.  But there's also a chance by week 4 (heck, week 1 maybe) he's not even playing.

On the flip side, the Bills got that pick for a guy who isn't in their long term plans BEFORE FA even opened, allowing them a blank slate to pursue any FA QB option.

Taylor for #65 & Bradford / Keenum / McCown etc  that's a win.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was just looking that up.

Highlighted green are Browns only winning seasons.

1996–1998
Suspended operations
1999 Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
2000 Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
2001 Tim Couch (16)
2002 Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2003 Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2014 Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2)/ Connor Shaw (1)
2015 Josh McCown (8) / Johnny Manziel (6) / Austin Davis (2)
2016 Robert Griffin III (5) / Josh McCown (3) / Cody Kessler (8)
2017 DeShone Kizer (15) / Kevin Hogan (1)

Dear lord that's an ugly list.  That's four first round misses (Couch, Quinn, Weeden, Manziel).  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is because we spend too much time on here. The league perception of Tyrod is wildly different from the Buffalo perception.

Yep.

Good for us.

Good for him.

I just hope McDermott and Beane are planning on swinging for the fences with a shot at our Franchise QB.  That's what this feels like.

Taylor could legitimately be really good in Cleveland throwing to Gordon & Landry and handing the ball off to Barkley.

And none of us will care as long as we have "our guy."

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Seriously?  Obtaining players like Suh would do that.  They most likely highly value Tyrod in their system.

Hue Jackson, as much as he's failed so far, is a great offensive mind. He will use Tyrod's strengths.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Who cares?

Taylor did net more than many ever suspected he'd net.  He netted more than I thought.

And the Browns reportedly weren't the only team trying to trade for him, even before his $6 million bonus.

Vindication all around  :beer:

It was a super smart trade.  Taylor's gone.  I promise I won't start a single thread again on Tyrod Taylor.  He's not a Buffalo Bill anymore, thus, I am no longer a Tyrod Taylor fan.

Let's go get Andrew Luck/Kirk Cousins/Sam Darnold/Baker Mayfield/Josh Rosen/Lamar Jackson... in that order, please :thumbsup: 

Finally! 18 pages in and you’re the 1st to mention Andrew Luck. I was just gonna lie in the tall grass on this, but I think Indy may make him available. He ruffled feathers going overseas for his treatment and they have the 3rd pick and a new staff. 2-1sts? Maybe Glenn as well? Do it! 

As for Tyrod, THANK YOU! You’re a class act and gave us everything you had! Best wishes!

lets get LUCKy!

• Like (+1) 1