3 team trade Skins, 49ers, Bills, we get Jimmy G

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

There is a report on Facebook that there is a strong rumor that the Bills, 49ers and Redskins will pull off a 3 team trade. With 49ers ending up with Kurt Cousins. Bills getting Jimmy G and The Redskins getting Bills 1st round pick and a player. 

This is supposedly posted by someone in the know. 

Take it for what it’s worth. 

Dunkirk Don is on Facebook?

19 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Got some source on the inside ..... Possibly Jimmy G to Buffalo and Kirk Cousins to San Fran. Not %100 but Jimmy G was in Buffalo today with Beane. Possible news Kirk was in San Fran

Someone can probably see where the jet has been.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m guessing this Facebook rumor was started by Dunkirk Don?

The salary cap makes this impossible.

I don't think so.  They have some room.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Someone can probably see where the jet has been.

I don't think so.  They have some room.

Bradys cap hit is $22 million next year.

These QB’s will between $25-$28 million.

Do you honestly think it makes sense to pay a back up at one of the highest overall salaries among all QB’s?  Also have nearly a $50 million cap hit?  Lastly, one of these QB’s in their prime want to sit on the bench.

In what world does this make sense?

9 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

There is a report on Facebook that there is a strong rumor that the Bills, 49ers and Redskins will pull off a 3 team trade. With 49ers ending up with Kurt Cousins. Bills getting Jimmy G and The Redskins getting Bills 1st round pick and a player. 

I was thinking the same thing but the 49ers would not need the Skins . The 49ers sign Cousins then trade Garropollo for 2 firsts this makes a ton of sense comparable to the other scenario.  But either way not happening 

9 hours ago, Doc said:

So Redskins franchise Cousins, Bills trade a 1st for him, then trade Cousins and a player to 49'ers for Jimmy G?  The only way I can see it happening, and Redskins get their pick for Cousins and Shanahan is reunited with him. 

That being said, wake me when it happens.

Yeah, that’s why the Niners are working hard to get Jimmy G signed before free agency starts.

17 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yeah, that’s why the Niners are working hard to get Jimmy G signed before free agency starts.

Where did you read that?  Yep: on the internet.

Again, wake me when it happens.

10 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

would be nice....but not happening

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you honestly think it makes sense to pay a back up at one of the highest overall salaries among all QB’s?  Also have nearly a $50 million cap hit?  Lastly, one of these QB’s in their prime want to sit on the bench.

In what world does this make sense?

What? :huh:

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure Jimmy G is worth two 1sts. Small sample size, and was traded for a 2nd like 3 months ago.

The rest of the story is plausible (although highly unlikely) but the compensation doesn't make sense.  Two 1sts would be too much to give up.  He's not under contract unless they let him play out the year on the franchise tag at 23m guaranteed which could backfire for a number of reasons.  1) he could get hurt  2) that's more than he would make if he was inked long term  3) he could have a great year and then demand the highest contract in the NFL (Cousins type money).  Spotrac says Jimmy's value is 18 mil per over 4 which seems super low.  They used Brock Osweiler's deal as a model.  I think based on the hype from the end of last season Jimmy will want to be over 20m annually.  Unless they had it worked out ahead of time that he would sign what they would consider a team friendly deal that makese sense for everyone, it would be a big risk and a lot to give up.  He could pull a Cousins and bet on himself and keep playing on the franchise tag every year until he's ready to get the highest contract ever.  That's probably why this trade would be so unlikely.  There's a lot that would have to be worked out and both players and all 3 teams would have to be in agreement.  That's a lot of moving parts!

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure Jimmy G is worth two 1sts. Small sample size, and was traded for a 2nd like 3 months ago.

Right. And then he proceeded to start in 5 straight wins for what was arguably the 2nd worst team in the nfl.

lefs not pretend that shouldn’t change his value. I would much rather move for a guy like jimmy g as opposed trading both picks away to move up in the draft. 

That all being said I don’t believe for a second that any of these rumors are true. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Seems to me a bit of a classic 'join the dots' type of scenario, where elements could make sense, but ultimately, the whole package fails.

For me, where it fails, is with the Redskins involvement, which as far as I can see, is irrelevant. Even if they franchise Cousins again. Which I'm not sure they can actually afford to do.

It's just way too easy for the Redskins to be turned over, by any of the other teams involved, or by Cousins himself.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What a difference a few years makes. I remember when the best Bills team of the drought (14), went into Foxburrough and beat the Pats. And everyone said it didn’t count because Brady played a half and the rest was Jimmy G. Now people are chiseling his bust.

Well he’s played really well since that point. The guy just stepped in on an awful team and helped them to 5 straight wins to close the season. Pretty hard to overlook that. 

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. And then he proceeded to start in 5 straight wins for what was arguably the 2nd worst team in the nfl.

lefs not pretend that shouldn’t change his value. I would much rather play for a guy like jimmy g as opposed trading both picks away to move up in the draft. 

That all being said I don’t believe for a second that any of these rumors are true. 

The Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are real.  Don't let anyone tell you anything different.

Even though this rumor is nonsense, the presence of a free agent Cousins is a game changer.  Maybe Garropolo is asking for $30m per year and SF is balking.  Meanwhile they could get a guy with a longer track record for that, and get at least a 1st rounder for Garropolo.  Garropolo's contract situation will be fascinating to follow.  SF basically holds all the cards until Cousins is no longer an option.  

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It sounds ridiculous, but I’ll bite. 

Bills get: Jimmy G

Reskins get: John Miller & Bills 2nd

49ers get: Cousins, Bills 1st

I like this game...

Bills get: Jimmy G

Skins get: Glenn, Bills extra 5th

49ers get: Cousins, Bills extra 1st

I think more than that would be highway robbery but I'm cheap and in life things usually end up costing about double what I would expect

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Even though this rumor is nonsense, the presence of a free agent Cousins is a game changer.  Maybe Garropolo is asking for $30m per year and SF is balking.  Meanwhile they could get a guy with a longer track record for that, and get at least a 1st rounder for Garropolo.  Garropolo's contract situation will be fascinating to follow.  SF basically holds all the cards until Cousins is no longer an option.  

This isn't the case at all based on the latest developments.  The entire premise is a fairy tale.

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well he’s played really well since that point. The guy just stepped in on an awful team and helped them to 5 straight wins to close the season. Pretty hard to overlook that. 

That’s fine, still a small sample size though. He had 7 TDs and 5 INT. 2 firsts?

10 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

"There is a report on Facebook..."

OK, we're finished here.  :)

Seriously, I'd give up both 1st round picks plus a player to get Jimmy G, but it isn't happening.  The '9ers played this perfectly.  They got to kick the tires on Jimmy and now they will pay him, just like they would have to pay Kirk Cousins.  

27 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What a difference a few years makes. I remember when the best Bills team of the drought (14), went into Foxburrough and beat the Pats. And everyone said it didn’t count because Brady played a half and the rest was Jimmy G. Now people are chiseling his bust.

Narratives are fun, aren’t they?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Rumor has it that Garoppolo won't sign unless Shanahan says he's better than Cousins. Negotiations are stalling. It might be on myspace, maybe.

Check Snapgram or Chatface too. No stone unturned to acquire Pizza Boy

Edited by YoloinOhio