3 team trade Skins, 49ers, Bills, we get Jimmy G

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Ok. Where are the Pegula plane tracking experts?

The experts have not landed yet from their paper-airplane flight and are honoring pilot request for no cell use.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, H2o said:

The 49ers are not letting go of Garoppolo. It's not happening. Not for Cousins or anyone else. He will be in SF for a long time to come. 

This.  There are reports all over the place that the Niners and Jimmy G are working on a long term deal to keep him there are long time.  And they should.

I dont fault the OP for posting, just sharing the info...but I just cant see how there is any truth to it.  And IF there was, and it did happen, I would cry of joy!  But it wont, so not gonna F5 this lol.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

I thought it was Curt Cousants?

No it is lead singer of that Southern Rock band "Counting Cousins".....the white guy with the dreadlocks.

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

it's Kirk dude.. please. So many people call him Kurt Cousins. It gets me salty.

One to beam up Scotty.

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

There is a report on Facebook that there is a strong rumor that the Bills, 49ers and Redskins will pull off a 3 team trade. With 49ers ending up with Kurt Cousins. Bills getting Jimmy G and The Redskins getting Bills 1st round pick and a player. 

This is supposedly posted by someone in the know. 

Take it for what it’s worth. 

Wait...what kind of car do you drive?

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Cousins or Captain?

No, the Captain we are going after is Crunch. Roof of your mouth be damned! 

Wouldn’t this be a huge Stick It To Belichick Event?  At least it’s funny to think about....

36 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I mean, the Redskins don't even have the rights to Cousins. He's a FA. So they can't trade him unless Cousins signs a contract or the franchise tag. And that ain't gonna happen. 

he could sign it, Washington gets his rights which they then trade away, he gets to go to SF to be with Shanahan, they have until July to sign a long term deal (details of which would be worked out ahead of time to ensure everyone agrees), Janine comes here and haunts Belichick's dreams.  it's almost too perfect...

why would they do it you might ask?  Shanahan might prefer Cousins and they might have been negotiating with Jimmy and saw that he was going to cost just as much so why not just get the guy they really want.  i think it would be dumb but hey if they want to do that i'd be down

In this scenario how are the skins getting a 1st and player and 49ers only getting cousins 

I would feel a more logical trade 

49ers get cousins / pick or player 

bills get jimmy

redskins get a pick or player 

they can't pay him the franchise but they can work out a deal knowing they will tag him

13 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he could sign it, Washington gets his rights which they then trade away, he gets to go to SF to be with Shanahan, they have until July to sign a long term deal (details of which would be worked out ahead of time to ensure everyone agrees), Janine comes here and haunts Belichick's dreams.  it's almost too perfect...

It's like this:

San Francisco has an asset in Jimmy G.   Yes, he is a pending FA.......but his tag will be cheap enough that any team that needs a QB would be all over it.   He's trade-able.

Cousins is no longer an asset for Washington.   They can't franchise him for $35M.....if he signed it they would be screwed.  They might have to trade a player WITH Cousins just to get rid of him if he had a $35M cap number.:lol:   And he's not going to want the team he goes to to give up assets.......he would want the Niners to be getting picks to make the team around him better.

Yes.......if the Niners see Jimmy G and Cousins as equal talents then they could come out way ahead by trading Jimmy G to teams like Cleveland or Buffalo and getting extra picks to build around Cousins..........but the Niners allowing anything other than a token asset to go to Washington in the exchange kinda' defeats the purpose.    They'd be better off just franchising Jimmy G in a worst case scenario.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I suggested the idea of a trade of the Bills two first rounders to SF for Jimmy G a couple weeks ago..........with Cousins going to SF as a FA..........but Washington gets NUTHIN!

They have no leverage.   They can't franchise Cousins for $35M.  That threat is hollow as !@#$.  Washington getting a first round pick in the deal would be an epic heist.  :lol:

That's why it doesn't make sense. 

Well we save a first rounder. Who cares if they get one for nothing. ;)

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's like this:

San Francisco has an asset in Jimmy G.   Yes, he is a pending FA.......but his tag will be cheap enough that any team that needs a QB would be all over it.   He's trade-able.

Cousins is no longer an asset for Washington.   They can't franchise him for $35M.....if he signed it they would be screwed.  They might have to trade a player WITH Cousins just to get rid of him if he had a $35M cap number.:lol:   And he's not going to want the team he goes to to give up assets.......he would want the Niners to be getting picks to make the team around him better.

Yes.......if the Niners see Jimmy G and Cousins as equal talents then they could come out way ahead by trading Jimmy G to teams like Cleveland or Buffalo and getting extra picks to build around Cousins..........but the Niners allowing anything other than a token asset to go to Washington in the exchange kinda' defeats the purpose.    They'd be better off just franchising Jimmy G in a worse case scenario.

it's a 3 team trade.  Jimmy is tagged by 49ers.  Cousins tagged by Washington.  Bills give Washington 1st round pick and a player, Washington sends Cousins to 49ers under the tag but they have until July to negotiate a long term deal that would surely average less than 35m per year and he has already said he would take less money to go to a favorable situation.  all of the details would need to be worked out ahead of time by all teams and players.  Jimmy also needs to be willing to sign a long term deal with the Bills who will surely make him the top 5 highest paid QB if not the 2nd behind Cousins.  hopefully he liked his spaghetti today

19 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

it's a 3 team trade.  Jimmy is tagged by 49ers.  Cousins tagged by Washington.  Bills give Washington 1st round pick and a player, Washington sends Cousins to 49ers under the tag but they have until July to negotiate a long term deal that would surely average less than 35m per year and he has already said he would take less money to go to a favorable situation.  all of the details would need to be worked out ahead of time by all teams and players.  Jimmy also needs to be willing to sign a long term deal with the Bills who will surely make him the top 5 highest paid QB if not the 2nd behind Cousins.  hopefully he liked his spaghetti today

How does that make Cousins a valuable trade asset for Washington?:lol:

The point of a team having a franchise tag to use is to get leverage in negotiations with the teams key player.........but if the tag amount is too high to carry then the team doesn't have any leverage.    That is the case in Washington.  With Alex Smith in tow they can't risk tying up $50M+ in the QB position next season if Cousins signs it out of spite.......so they don't have any leverage.:doh:

Could the Bills or Niners throw them a bone to get a deal done before FA?   I guess but it sure as hell wouldn't be a first round pick.   That's totally irrational.

Jimmy G is coming off an incredible finish to the season.........his franchise number is $10M+ less than Cousins........he's younger.........he doesn't have any of the "I don't see special" stink on him.    He's a real, trade-able asset.    Cousins is not.

I get that it's a BS report but if you are going to make up a rumor at least make it sound plausible.    Sounds like either wishful thinking from a Redskins fan or just a really poorly drawn up trade idea by a Bills fan.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

How does that make Cousins a valuable trade asset for Washington?:lol:

The point of a team having a franchise tag to use is to get leverage in negotiations with the teams key player.........but if the tag amount is too high to carry then the team doesn't have any leverage.    That is the case in Washington.  With Alex Smith in tow they can't risk tying up $50M+ in the QB position next season if Cousins signs it in spite so they don't have any leverage.:doh:

Could the Bills or Niners throw them a bone to get a deal done before FA?   I guess but it sure as hell wouldn't be a first round pick.   That's totally irrational.

Jimmy G is coming off an incredible finish to the season.........his franchise number is $10M+ less than Cousins........he's younger.........he doesn't have any of the "I don't see special" stink on him.    He's a real, trade-able asset.    Cousins is not.

I get that it's a BS report but if you are going to make up a rumor at least make it sound reasonable.    Sounds like either wishful thinking from a Redskins fan or just a really poorly drawn up trade idea by a Bills fan.  

49ers want Cousins,  Cousins wants 49ers, he will agree to sign a team friendly deal to make it happen.  If Bills want Garapollo then they need to give Washington a 1st or they won't send him to 49ers and 49ers won't send Garapollo to the Bills.  49ers could wait for Cousins to hit the Market and not sign Jimmy but then there's no guarantee Jimmy comes to Buffalo.  If the Bills want Jimmy then the only way to guarantee it and avoid a bidding war is to send a pick to Washington to put this all into motion.  Nobody knows if it's a 1st or if it's a player or what it is.  But you best believe that if the Bills want him they have to give up something to put this into motion and lock him in.  He's not coming here otherwise.

But anyhow, there is a 99% chance this is facebook BS so who cares

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

49ers want Cousins,  Cousins wants 49ers, he will agree to sign a team friendly deal to make it happen.  If Bills want Garapollo then they need to give Washington a 1st or they won't send him to 49ers and 49ers won't send Garapollo to the Bills.  49ers could wait for Cousins to hit the Market and not sign Jimmy but then there's no guarantee Jimmy comes to Buffalo.  If the Bills want Jimmy then the only way to guarantee it and avoid a bidding war is to send a pick to Washington to put this all into motion.  Nobody knows if it's a 1st or if it's a player or what it is.  But you best believe that if the Bills want him they have to give up something to put this into motion and lock him in.  He's not coming here otherwise.

But anyhow, there is a 99% chance this is facebook BS so who cares

The 49ers have almost $120M in cap space...........they can afford to franchise Jimmy G and sign Cousins too if they want.....and then just trade Jimmy G on draft day.

Wouldn't have any effect on the Niners free agency plans or ANYTHING.   They have more cap space than anyone in the league.

$50M in tied up cap room on Cousins and Alex Smith while they tried to deal Cousins would put Washington in a major bind where they couldn't sign FA's and may even have to cut players at the beginning of the league year.   You can't be over the cap at any time once the league year starts.   

A scenario where SF trades Jimmy G and comes out of it without all the assets in return is ludicrous.

I can see the Bills wanting Jimmy G more than any other QB.........he's good and he worked with Brian Daboll for years in NE so he could step right in and know and lead the offense.   That part is plausible. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The 49ers have almost $120M in cap space...........they can afford to franchise Jimmy G and sign Cousins too if they want.....and then just trade Jimmy G on draft day.

Wouldn't have any effect on the Niners free agency plans or ANYTHING.   They have more cap space than anyone in the league.

$50M in tied up cap room on Cousins and Alex Smith while they tried to deal Cousins would put Washington in a major bind where they couldn't sign FA's and may even have to cut players at the beginning of the league year.   You can't be over the cap at any time once the league year starts.   

A scenario where SF trades Jimmy G and comes out of it without all the assets in return is ludicrous.

I can see the Bills wanting Jimmy G more than any other QB.........he's good and he worked with Brian Daboll for years in NE so he could step right in and know and lead the offense.   That part is plausible. 

Washington will franchise Cousins.  49ers will franchise Jimmy.  They will then be traded away so off the books.  49ers assume Cousins 34m tag but have until July to restructure.  Same for Bills in assuming Jimmy's franchise tag which is much lower and doable.  Yes, Washington and 49ers would both want some compensation.  Not sure what they would look for but the Bills have picks and players to deal so it is very plausible that they are able to offer more than other teams in that regard.  Having exclusive rights to negotiate with Jimmy would be worth the picks given up because otherwise it would be a bidding war and he would end up in NY, Denver, AZ.  This would guarantee he signs with us long term because this would all be worked out behind the scenes before the trade goes down.  Jimmy having worked with Daboll and running a similiar type offense that he ran in NE would be a positive for us in getting him to agree to sign here long term

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Why would the 49ers agree to this? Shouldn't they want to keep Jimmy G? He has the potential of being better than Cousins, probably will be cheaper, and he is much younger.

Shanahan prefers Cousins.  it was highly speculated prior to landing Jimmy and now that Cousins is finally available and probably not that much more expensive than what they might see as an unproven player in Jimmy it might make sense if Jimmy wants too much money.  they haven't signed him yet for a reason and not sure what that is.

this is probably a ridiculous rumor but i'm trying to make sense of it if it was true.  that would be one heck of a splash though

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why would the 49ers agree to this? Shouldn't they want to keep Jimmy G? He has the potential of being better than Cousins, probably will be cheaper, and he is much younger.

If they can get Cousins and a couple first round picks.......makes sense.

Straight up for Cousins.......no sense at all........they traded their second round pick for Jimmy G.....that would be a net loss and Jimmy G has the higher ceiling.

Makes great sense from a Bills perspective to trade for Jimmy G though because of his talent but also the fact that he knows Dabolls playbook and terminology.    

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Shanahan prefers Cousins.  it was highly speculated prior to landing Jimmy and now that Cousins is finally available and probably not that much more expensive than what they might see as an unproven player in Jimmy it might make sense if Jimmy wants too much money.  they haven't signed him yet for a reason and not sure what that is.

this is probably a ridiculous rumor but i'm trying to make sense of it if it was true.  that would be one heck of a splash though

Hey, that would be an ideal scenario for the Bills, but I just don't see it happening.

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

why would they do it you might ask?  Shanahan might prefer Cousins and they might have been negotiating with Jimmy and saw that he was going to cost just as much so why not just get the guy they really want.  i think it would be dumb but hey if they want to do that i'd be down

And I could get married to a super model, if I win the lottery and move to LA. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

There is a report on Facebook that there is a strong rumor that the Bills, 49ers and Redskins will pull off a 3 team trade. With 49ers ending up with Kurt Cousins. Bills getting Jimmy G and The Redskins getting Bills 1st round pick and a player. 

He'll Yeah! The way Garrapolo has performed in the League and is very familiar with Dabol this is a no brainer. Plus sticking it to Bellycheck every year would be priceless :devil:

6 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'll play along.

"Someone in the know" as in...?

Dunkirk Don, saviorPeterman ;)

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can you see Russia from your house?

From Alaska.

57 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Well if it’s on Facebook it must be true.  When do Jimmy G jerseys go on sale at the Bills Store?

I think you're right.  I asked my mother-in-law if Facebook was a legit source, and she said "yes, everything on Facebook is true".  Now I'm getting excited.

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Where is this Facebook post anyway?

Is this it?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4767547/nfl-rumors-san-francisco-49ers-should-trade-jimmy-garoppolo-sign-kirk-cousins-says-analyst/

Edited by PIZ

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think you're right.  I asked my mother-in-law if Facebook was a legit source, and she said "yes, everything on Facebook is true".  Now I'm getting excited.

Where is this Facebook post anyway?

Got some source on the inside ..... Possibly Jimmy G to Buffalo and Kirk Cousins to San Fran. Not %100 but Jimmy G was in Buffalo today with Beane. Possible news Kirk was in San Fran