5 reasons the Eagles WILL WIN and by double-digits

Take heart, fellow Bills fans. Brady is not winning ring #6, at least not this year. Here are 5 reasons why:

1) Philadelphia has a top 5 defense AND a top 5 offense.

Remember Jacksonville's supposedly elite defense getting torched for 42 points vs the Steelers? Remember Jacksonville's crappy offense putting up 10 at home vs the Bills? THAT team almost beat NE in NE. Philly has a defense that has given up very little all post-season (22 points total) but also has an offense that is one of the top units in the league. Basically, imagine pairing Jacksonville's defense with a top 5 offense. That's the Eagles.

2) The Eagles tied with NE in points scored per game at 28.6.

Consider that the Eagles scored 0 points in week 17, in a meaningless 6-0 loss to Dallas where the starters sat. When the starters play the Eagles have a higher scoring offense. Philly took a week off and still averaged just as many points scored per game.

3) The Eagles defense has allowed 33 total points in the last 4 games.

That's about 8 per game. Again, they also have a top 5 scoring offense to go with that defense. Doubt away.

4) The Eagles get pressure with the front 4 and rarely blitz. That is the recipe for beating Brady.

You need pressure, and the Eagles bring it. Also, unlike the Jaguars, who are mostly young and emotional, Eagles defense has a nice mix of veteran players who are not going to panic when it's show time. They are hungry but they are also smart. They have every bit as much confidence and swagger as the Jaguars defense, except they have actually backed it up in spades. Plus they are hungry and have a huge chip on their shoulders. Dynasty vs the dogs. they are all in on "us vs the world." A lot like the Patriots used to be early on before they were considered immortal.

5) Eagles offensive line and running game is top-notch

Eagles offensive line could be the best unit in the NFL this season. Patriots weakness on defense is yards per play, where they rank 31st. The catch? Most teams don't get a lot of plays against them because they are behind and throwing the ball, mostly unsuccessfully. Eagles can throw, but they also have a deep RB group including both Blount AND Ajayi. When one bulldozer needs a rest the other bulldozer comes in. Key on the run? Fine. The Eagles have one of the best passing attacks in the NFL as well. You aren't going to shut down the #1 scoring offense in the NFL with a defense ranked 31st in yards per play and 29th in yards per game like NE has. If the Eagles sustain drives and stay on the field they are going to score a lot of points, as they have been all season.

5B) Doug Pederson is an amazing play caller and is about to take that next step into being considered a great young HC

This guy has done an amazing job. The Eagles have suffered some huge injuries, but they keep on ticking. Pederson is young, innovative, aggressive, and has a great sense of which plays to call in key situations. His coaching staff is also loaded in terms of knowledge and experience. People talk about halftime adjustments, and how NE is so much better than everyone else. NE/Jax was 14-10 at halftime, and 20-10 in the 4th quarter. So much for that idea. Jax just ran out of tricks on offense because they are very limited on offense and were all season. They gave Brady too many chances without scoring themselves. Eagles are light years better than Jax on offense and I would argue the numbers show they are better on defense too. I also think they have a better coaching staff. AND this game is not in NE.

People are going to be shocked. Sort of like last year's 28-3 Atlanta lead, except this time around the Patriots are not coming back, not against this defense and this offense that can beat you so many ways.

Eagles 38

Patriots 24

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...this is pretty much what the game boils down to.....Brady is Brady and Belichick is Belichick......Eagles defense is a formidable challenge, so the ball may be in Nick's court....

Good Nick or Bad Nick: Who shows up for Super Bowl LII?

Bill Barnwell-ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx180122/2017-nfl-playoffs-mystery-philadelphia-eagles-quarterback-nick-foles

Foles had a good game against Minnesota but offensively this team was abysmal to average with him in his other starts. I wouldnt count on another performance like that considering  Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare. We all know what he did to Kelly when he was with the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Lets not forget that New England also has a top 5 scoring defense as well.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

When Schwartzy was in Buffalo we had an amazing D, until we played the Pats who moved the ball at will.

...sounds like Jimbo was NOT alone.....and of course the (STALE) "Cheatriots Chorus" should pipe in shortly...............

1.The Patriots have since become one of the most successful teams in NFL history, winning 15 AFC East titles in 17 seasons since 2001, without a losing season in that period.

2.The franchise has since set numerous notable records, including most wins in a ten-year period (126, in 2003–2012), an undefeated 16-game regular season in 2007, the longest winning streak consisting of regular season and playoff games in NFL history (a 21-game streak from October 2003 to October 2004), and the most consecutive division titles won by a team in NFL history (won nine straight division titles from 2009 to 2017).

3.The team owns the record for most Super Bowls reached (eight) and won (five) by a head coach–quarterback tandem.

4. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady recorded his 28th career victory over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Dec 24.

5. Belichick's career mark is 250 wins and 118 losses for a .679 winning percentage.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sounds like Jimbo was NOT alone.....and of course the (STALE) "Cheatriots Chorus" should pipe in shortly...............

1.The Patriots have since become one of the most successful teams in NFL history, winning 15 AFC East titles in 17 seasons since 2001, without a losing season in that period.

2.The franchise has since set numerous notable records, including most wins in a ten-year period (126, in 2003–2012), an undefeated 16-game regular season in 2007, the longest winning streak consisting of regular season and playoff games in NFL history (a 21-game streak from October 2003 to October 2004), and the most consecutive division titles won by a team in NFL history (won nine straight division titles from 2009 to 2017).

3.The team owns the record for most Super Bowls reached (eight) and won (five) by a head coach–quarterback tandem.

4. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady recorded his 28th career victory over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Dec 24.

5. Belichick's career mark is 250 wins and 118 losses for a .679 winning percentage.

Da fuq are you on about?

• Like (+1) 1

Laugh all you want.

The supposedly great Vikings defense just got shredded twice in 2 games. Gave up a 17 point lead at home then when the offense bailed them out they let Brees drive down for what should have been the winning score. They were saved by a miracle fluke of a play. Then Vikings defense picked right up where it left off and got shredded by the Eagles.

Nobody has shredded the Eagles defense in the post-season, when the competition is stronger. Eagles defense is every bit as good as Jacksonville's and they have a better offense by far. Loaded at OL, loaded at WR/TE, loaded at RB.

Laugh all you want about it, but Jacksonville gave NE about all they could handle in NE with Blake Bortles at QB, no real running game, and Hackett calling plays. The Eagles are a much better team than Jacksonville and this game is not in NE. Plus the Eagles running game is much better than Jacksonville's.

NOBODY thought Atlanta could shut down Brady for 3 quarters. That defense was nowhere near as good. Sadly, Atlanta falconed things up for themselves by not running the ball in the 4th, but that came out of nowhere.

This freight train has a blinding light and it's steaming right for the dynasty.

• Like (+1) 1

Both Jax and Philly have similar defenses and pose similar problems.

So whose offense is better? Philly by a mile.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

5 reasons the Eagles WILL WIN and by double-digits

By TheFunPolice,

SEVEN Reasons they won't

refs_culpepper_9ycdjkv9_sg39on1u.jpg

LOL

they will do their best, but there is only so much they can do on the biggest stage. There will be a huge PI penalty for sure, and probably 2-3 offensive holdings to wipe out Eagles runs.

• Like (+1) 1

Schwarz is the X factor here.  He knows the Pats, and he knows defense.

Remember what he did to Rodgers when we beat Green Bay?  The narrative changes in 2 weeks - “Brady looked OLD”...”they should have kept Jimmy.”

It ends here.  Our long national nightmare ends.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Laugh all you want.

The supposedly great Vikings defense just got shredded twice in 2 games. Gave up a 17 point lead at home then when the offense bailed them out they let Brees drive down for what should have been the winning score. They were saved by a miracle fluke of a play. Then Vikings defense picked right up where it left off and got shredded by the Eagles.

Nobody has shredded the Eagles defense in the post-season, when the competition is stronger. Eagles defense is every bit as good as Jacksonville's and they have a better offense by far. Loaded at OL, loaded at WR/TE, loaded at RB.

Laugh all you want about it, but Jacksonville gave NE about all they could handle in NE with Blake Bortles at QB, no real running game, and Hackett calling plays. The Eagles are a much better team than Jacksonville and this game is not in NE. Plus the Eagles running game is much better than Jacksonville's.

NOBODY thought Atlanta could shut down Brady for 3 quarters. That defense was nowhere near as good. Sadly, Atlanta falconed things up for themselves by not running the ball in the 4th, but that came out of nowhere.

This freight train has a blinding light and it's steaming right for the dynasty.

Yeah this......all looking good for the Eagles - now they just gotta not eff it all up.

GO BILLS

1 hour ago, Success said:

Schwarz is the X factor here.  He knows the Pats, and he knows defense.

Remember what he did to Rodgers when we beat Green Bay?  The narrative changes in 2 weeks - “Brady looked OLD”...”they should have kept Jimmy.”

It ends here.  Our long national nightmare ends.

I hate to point this out but Brady usually does pretty well vs Scwartz D's......

I do have a gut feeling that the Eagles will come up big...maybe it's wishful thinking....

16 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I hate to point this out but Brady usually does pretty well vs Scwartz D's......

I do have a gut feeling that the Eagles will come up big...maybe it's wishful thinking....

Brady and the offense isnt the issue. The defense is what has me worried. Lbs in coverage flat out suck with the exception of Van Noy.

14 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

For your sake you better hope philly d plays better on the road than it has. Eagles play alot better at home. To the tune of 10ppg better at home defensively

10 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Brady and the offense isnt the issue. The defense is what has me worried. Lbs in coverage flat out suck with the exception of Van Noy.

WTF is this noise? A pats fan meet and greet on a Bills' message board? Make yourselves right at home. :lol:

It doesn't matter how good you looked in games leading up to the Patriots.....

Do you recall what happened when the the greatest show on turf met NE in Belicheck's first SB???

I hate to say it, but I don't think there has ever been a better Team or Coach in the NFL AND unfortunately there isn't even a close second in the history of the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Jobot said:

It doesn't matter how good you looked in games leading up to the Patriots.....

Do you recall what happened when the the greatest show on turf met NE in Belicheck's first SB???

I hate to say it, but I don't think there has ever been a better Team or Coach in the NFL AND unfortunately there isn't even a close second in the history of the NFL.

If you hate to say it maybe don't say it then. I'm sick of reading about how great the Patriots are, it's every other news outlet...it would be nice if when I went on a, y'know, Buffalo Bills messageboard I didn't have to keep hearing people slobber over the Patriots.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Patriots have never lost by more than 4 in their 7 Superbowls under Brady/Belichick.  Will be a close Superbowl like always when the Pats play.

Thumbs up on this as it is usually a pretty good Super Bowl when the Pats are in it.

Going off memory they won their first three each by 3 points.  They lost the two to the Giants in truly amazing super bowls.  beat the Seahawks in a "punch myself in the face as hard as I can b/c I can't believe what I just saw" fashion, and then won the greatest SB comeback ever, in overtime.

Honestly, if Philly decided not to play in the game and had Tampa go in their place the Pats would win 28-24. 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you hate to say it maybe don't say it then. I'm sick of reading about how great the Patriots are, it's every other news outlet...it would be nice if when I went on a, y'know, Buffalo Bills messageboard I didn't have to keep hearing people slobber over the Patriots.

They are great and in their 8th Superbowl

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thumbs up on this as it is usually a pretty good Super Bowl when the Pats are in it.

Going off memory they won their first three each by 3 points.  They lost the two to the Giants in truly amazing super bowls.  beat the Seahawks in a "punch myself in the face as hard as I can b/c I can't believe what I just saw" fashion, and then won the greatest SB comeback ever, in overtime.

Honestly, if Philly decided not to play in the game and had Tampa go in their place the Pats would win 28-24. 

The irony is the largest margin of victory in any of the Pats Brady era SB games came in overtime (6 points).

• Like (+1) 1