OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

4 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Don Dunkirk called it.  My source is never wrong.  Now what haters.

No curtain call until McCoy is announced (and possibly Tice)  IF that happens, I will give you credit for a great call. Anyone could have called this firing (and others did) but if you get the firing, the timing and the hire correct, take a bow.

19 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

They dropped off.  We lost players.  The OL played worse.  We got a really bad OL coach.

We were second in attempts in both 2015 and 2016.  ;)

Overall potential?  WTF.  Again, ya'll act like a running game was going to be historic 3 years in a row, with RB turnover, aging, poorer OL play and changes in coaching and scheme.  Talk about unrealistic expectations.  

Comparing the unit to every other run unit that year is basically the ONLY way to assess production.  The 2015 offense and 2016 offense and 2017 offense WERE DIFFERENT.  

Pretty much the same group, except for all the players who were different, older,  and had new position coaches.

Funny gif, but please tell me more about how 6th in the NFL is bad.

Hahaha look at all these excuses.

Actually, I addressed it directly above and you ignored it.  You keep fixating on this "totals" stat and ignoring the significant drop in effectiveness.  More ridiculous you keep bringing up how players are older...please, that was NOT in any shape or form what the big drop was from.  And more importantly, the offensive scoring dropped a MASSIVE 6 points per game under RICO, and really nearly 8 points per game when you factor only TT started games both years.  That is astonishing and an acceptable drop.  Our yards per carry dropped over a full yard, thats terrible for a team whose offense is built around the run game.  

RICO earned his pink slip, and if you didn't have an obsession with making every single thing about TT you would see it to.  Let TT own his own mistakes, that does NOT absolve RICO from accountability of things that he screwed the pooch on.

10 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Don Dunkirk called it.  My source is never wrong.  Now what haters.

You and 53% of other fans here. Attaboy. Now if we hire McCoy and Tice as you predicted, I'll give you props. And just because you changed your "We will hire them, discussion over" to "we have offers out to them, don't know if they will accept"...that doesn't count. You spoke on it as if it was final and tried to shut down entire conversations about anyone else.

29 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

They dropped off.  We lost players.  The OL played worse.  We got a really bad OL coach.

We were second in attempts in both 2015 and 2016.  ;)

Overall potential?  WTF.  Again, ya'll act like a running game was going to be historic 3 years in a row, with RB turnover, aging, poorer OL play and changes in coaching and scheme.  Talk about unrealistic expectations.  

Comparing the unit to every other run unit that year is basically the ONLY way to assess production.  The 2015 offense and 2016 offense and 2017 offense WERE DIFFERENT.  

Pretty much the same group, except for all the players who were different, older,  and had new position coaches.

Funny gif, but please tell me more about how 6th in the NFL is bad.

So you think that 5.3 ypc to 4.1 YPC is good?

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Another really sad post. The drop in quality is apparent when you talk about things you can't be rational about. Don't let your Dennison hate override everything else.

How about the drop in offensive scoring?? 7th to 28th in total TDs, 7th to 21st in red zone TDs. Dennison has nothing to do with that?

What game was it? Toward the end of the season.  Dennison during his post-game comments...

He really threw Tyrod under the bus emphasizing that they told him on a given play to go out and take a chance, go for it, that type of thing...he ended up dumping off for a 2 yard pass or something.

Dennison was super obviously PO'd and saying something like it's just not in Tyrod to do what they TOLD him to do...THROW THE BALL.  TAKE A SHOT DOWN FIELD.

You could hear the pain in his voice after that game!  Poor guy knew his neck was chained to Tyrod all season long and if he couldn't find a way to make Tyrod better, it would be chopped.

He knew it all along.  He was right!

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What game was it? Toward the end of the season.  Dennison during his post-game comments...

He really threw Tyrod under the bus emphasizing that they told him on a given play to go out and take a chance, go for it, that type of thing...he ended up dumping off for a 2 yard pass or something.

Dennison was super obviously PO'd and saying something like it's just not in Tyrod to do what they TOLD him to do...THROW THE BALL.  TAKE A SHOT DOWN FIELD.

You could hear the pain in his voice after that game!  Poor guy knew his neck was chained to Tyrod all season long and if he couldn't find a way to make Tyrod better, it would be chopped.

He made this claim prior to the Chargers game which is why they started Peterman, because he would throw where Dennison wanted him to instead of where the coverage dictated. We all know how that worked out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

You can't do the math dude?  :lol:

It's third grade level math.  :lol:

Can you tie your sneakers?

Its-Funny-Cuz-U-Is-Stupid-600x450.jpg

What math is that dopey?

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Of course he was.  This alone should make him immune from the criticisms of armchair OC's on TBD who still thought TT was good.

Edited by jmc12290

20 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I would tend to agree.  I think we all need to cut Dennison a little slack since Tyrod is basically still a rookie. Dennison did pretty well all things considered.

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

What makes you say this?

Are you a banana fan?

@Bill from NYC. What's your take on him?

I was utterly pleased with Daboll. He has spent a long time with Bellichick, and now Saban. He's used to strong head coaches and showed me how well he can adapt. 

Remember, Saban did NOT want another pass happy Lane Kiffen. Daboll was under pressure to be more conservative and was successful. And I hate to admit it but Hurts did very little to progress as a passer this year, and he had plenty of weapons, trust me. Obviously, the team still performed well.

Whether he stays on at Bama or comes to the Bills, I have full confidence in him. It's a win-win situation for me and I'm certain that you will like him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

was the changing of the o-line block scheme to zone something McD installed, the o-line coach installed or Dennison?...does anyone think the new OC might change the scheme back to what worked last season?...just curious since I believe it was one of the reasons why the o-line had problems this year

Just now, Tsaikotic said:

was the changing of the o-line block scheme to zone something McD installed, the o-line coach installed or Dennison?...does anyone think the new OC might change the scheme back to what worked last season?...just curious since I believe it was one of the reasons why the o-line had problems this year

No hard info, but my guess would be Dennison/Castillo

Articles were written right after hiring Dennison that said Dennison was bringing it to Buffalo with him and that these linemen were great so they could execute it.

3 hours ago, since79 said:

Did they win this year because of the D or because Deboll had a true freshman quarterback ready of the bench.  Just sayin...

They won this year because they have 37 Under Armour HS All Americans on that team AND they have Nick Saban who is the BB of NCAA football. 

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

If they keep Tyrod I would expect the new OC to be next years scape goat as well

I doubt that he’s back. The only thing that I was saying is that they will certainly ask the new OC about him and all offensive players. It will actually be interesting for guys like Clay and Incognito.

19 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I was utterly pleased with Daboll. He has spent a long time with Bellichick, and now Saban. He's used to strong head coaches and showed me how well he can adapt. 

Remember, Saban did NOT want another pass happy Lane Kiffen. Daboll was under pressure to be more conservative and was successful. And I hate to admit it but Hurts did very little to progress as a passer this year, and he had plenty of weapons, trust me. Obviously, the team still performed well.

Whether he stays on at Bama or comes to the Bills, I have full confidence in him. It's a win-win situation for me and I'm certain that you will like him.

If he doesn't come to Buffalo could he maybe go to a good football school like the Ohio State University or Appalachian State?

52 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Another really sad post. The drop in quality is apparent when you talk about things you can't be rational about. Don't let your Dennison hate override everything else.

You are the one that said that he was the scapegoat. I asked you where he succeeded. All that you could say is that you liked his passing concepts (despite the fact that that passing game was much worse). They were worse at running, blocking, throwing, scoring, executing in the red zone, qb development, and taking care of the football. That is what got worse this year off the top of my head. How in the world can the guy in charge of that collapse be considered a scapegoat? He was a massive failure as an OC. The sad part is you are trying to defend him without a single success to point to.

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Re: Chudzinski's blocking scheme

"From a run game standpoint, the Colts are expected to install some zone blocking along with their gap schemes for Frank Gore and the other backs." (http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/What-To-Expect-From-Rob-Chudzinski’s-Offense/8f2e82f5-20a7-45a5-8c3f-9a31b9fdb0c0)

reading that article, if they do hire Chud, sounds like they might keep the same zone scheme...Im just hoping he brings in a different line coach to teach better...another thing from that article is that he likes TE's so maybe the Bills draft TE Mark Andrews in the 2nd to pair with Clay...the parts that stood out to me most was the comments made by Pagano: “Chud is a creative guy, a smart guy,” Chuck Pagano says. ”He will do a great job of utilizing the talent that we have. He will play to our strengths and he will do a good job of trying to exploit our opponents weaknesses and get those (favorable) matchups.”...something Dennison wasnt doing enough of in Buff

reading that article, if they do hire Chud, sounds like they might keep the same zone scheme...Im just hoping he brings in a different line coach to teach better...another thing from that article is that he likes TE's so maybe the Bills draft TE Mark Andrews in the 2nd to pair with Clay...the parts that stood out to me most was the comments made by Pagano: “Chud is a creative guy, a smart guy,” Chuck Pagano says. ”He will do a great job of utilizing the talent that we have. He will play to our strengths and he will do a good job of trying to exploit our opponents weaknesses and get those (favorable) matchups.”...something Dennison wasnt doing enough of in Buff

Even if no new TE, he might be able to get more out of Clay and O'Leary. I do wish the new OC is a "play to their strengths" kind of guy. That's what makes Belichick such a good coach. 

Wow its nice to see some common sense prevail at 1BD in regards to Dennison. Yes TT is not up to snuff but neither was Dennison. He needed to be fired. I'm glad they held him accountable for some of the bad decisions and the Offense's regression. I am relieved that all the talk that Dennison might be retained is over. Too many times in the last 20 years the Bills have made totally inane decisions on coach hires, on players, on drafting on playcalling and the people responsible are allowed to keep their jobs only to continue unsurprisingly, to make the same bad decisions. Only then are they fired after even more damage is done. Now at least McD has chance to start fresh. Lets get an innovative coordinator who accentuates the offensive players strengths and skills and can think on his feet!!

Edited by Livinginthepast

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

If he stays another season with now OC#4  for him I lose all hope in this McD staff

I'm really getting the sinking feeling  this is precisely where we are headed.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Cheating cures all ills.

no, passing as a qb does.