OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't watch much college ball. Can somebody tell me the pro's and con's to this? 

All I know is:

Pro's- Just won a national championship

Cons- They regularly win national championships because of their defense. 

Did they win this year because of the D or because Deboll had a true freshman quarterback ready of the bench.  Just sayin...

31 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

In the list of bad OC this team has had I found Rick to be better than most.

Granted we haven't had a lot of great OCs but let me ask, what did you like about Rico?

Under Rico, the offense went backwards.

2016:  #10 in points, #16 yards

2017:  #22 in points, #29 in yards

Same QB, same RB, mostly the same OL...  The WRs were different but not especially better or worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He didn't. I'm not going to go back through his post history again but everyone misunderstood the context. You can look yourself. I've gone to bat for the crazy guy enough at this point, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

He never said Kyle Williams would run the ball 

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Granted we haven't had a lot of great OCs but let me ask, what did you like about Rico?

Under Rico, the offense went backwards.

2016:  #10 in points, #16 yards

2017:  #22 in points, #29 in yards

Same QB, same RB, mostly the same OL...  The WRs were different but not especially better or worse. 

moving away from a power blocking scheme was the biggest issue.  The qb sucked both years 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't watch much college ball. Can somebody tell me the pro's and con's to this? 

All I know is:

Pro's- Just won a national championship

Cons- They regularly win national championships because of their defense. 

exactly...if you have ever watched an Alabama game, they win with running and defense.  NO THANKS!!!  we need an NFL LEVEL PASSING ATTACK.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

For all those suggesting Chud, he's still employed by the Colts. Has to actually be let go first. 

Ah, true. Probably tanks that "flight to Indy" thought we had. They would have had to get permission to interview him from Indy and that likely would have been reported.