KDIGGZ

18 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

nice job by Vic breaking a story.   

Taylor next 

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Fantastic news

Tyrod you're next

18 hours ago, Fallser said:

Wow, I didn't think he'd be moved out...TT you're next.

Why in the name of common sense would The Bills cut Tyrod now and take an $8 million cap hit when they would take a $3 million cap hit if they cut him after June 1st? :wacko:

6 hours ago, SDS said:

How can any fan of a certain age want a !@#$ing Shula on the team? Jesus… 

I don't want a !@#$ing Shula on the team.

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Why in the name of common sense would The Bills cut Tyrod now and take an $8 million cap hit when they would take a $3 million cap hit if they cut him after June 1st? :wacko:

They won't cut Tyrod now, they'll wait until after the New League Year, as the Football Gardeners prescribe. 

Preferably after they have a handshake deal with a new veteran QB.

But if they're going to cut him, it would make no sense to designate him after June 1st and pay a $6M roster bonus on the 3rd day of the new year.

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s painfully obvious TT is part of the problem.   17 of 37 is 20 passes not caught. Even if you allow for 10 drops which is generous) there are still 10 bad / throw away passes. 

3 points (3 games) and 3 games with a QB rating under 45.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Nanker said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

$8 million hit to the cap if cut, goes down to $3m if cut after June 1st. 

I think I found a explanation

One of the options available to them is the use of the post-June 1 designation, where players are cut in March, but will be treated as if they were cut after June 1, which helps with dead money.

To try to help with that issue, the NFL and the NFL Players Association collectively bargained two June 1 designations. Twice during the offseason, a team can release a player designated as a post-June 1 cut, which gives the team the savings the two-year dead money assistance, while allowing the player to hit free agency in March.

But, that's where the post-June 1 designation offers a false promise. It does save a team money - just not when they would want it. The player is still carried on the books until June 2. In other words, there is no savings for the team during free agency. They do not see salary cap relief until they pass the June 1 mark.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2015/2/18/8057333/nfl-free-agency-201-post-june-cuts-explanation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

One of the options available to them is the use of the post-June 1 designation, where players are cut in March, but will be treated as if they were cut after June 1, which helps with dead money.

To try to help with that issue, the NFL and the NFL Players Association collectively bargained two June 1 designations. Twice during the offseason, a team can release a player designated as a post-June 1 cut, which gives the team the savings the two-year dead money assistance, while allowing the player to hit free agency in March.

But, that's where the post-June 1 designation offers a false promise. It does save a team money - just not when they would want it. The player is still carried on the books until June 2. In other words, there is no savings for the team during free agency. They do not see salary cap relief until they pass the June 1 mark.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2015/2/18/8057333/nfl-free-agency-201-post-june-cuts-explanation

I just said that a few posts above.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, McBean said:

He shouldn’t stop at Dennison.

For crying out loud please get rid of Castillo and most importantly CROSSMAN.

I think this was the bigger problem with the offense as the line regressed as did the run game for the better part of the season. If the team is a run first offense and they are having difficulty running the ball then nothing on offense will work well.

The only reason the team did better with the run as the season went on was that of how ridiculously good LeSean McCoy is at making defenders miss.

The Bills made a brilliant move by bringing in a Seattle castoff in kicker Stephen Hauschka and should go after both Darrell Bevell for OC and Tom Cable for the line coach. That is if they are thinking of keeping Tyrod, bringing in Alex Smith or even a rookie QB as the guy did tutor/develop Russell Wilson.   JMHO

7 hours ago, SDS said:

How can any fan of a certain age want a !@#$ing Shula on the team? Jesus… 

It won't be the fans wanting him, Scott.  Like I said, the guy I trust says it will be Shula.  On one hand I hope he's wrong (and then I hope I'm wrong for not wanting him), while OTOH I hope he's right (because it means he's got real inside info). 

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

I just said that a few posts above.

Good work gents. :thumbsup:

Edited by Nanker

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

It won't be the fans wanting him, Scott.  Like I said, the guy I trust says it will be Shula.  On one hand I hope he's wrong (and then I hope I'm wrong for not wanting him), while OTOH I hope he's right (because it means he's got real inside info). 

I’m just not seeing any resistance in the comments. I don’t want a Shula, a Marino, a Brady, a Belichek or anyone one of their ilk on the Bills - ever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McCoy was also dumped by the Chargers.    

Two teams in one division?  

He was dumped as the head coach, after having a high profiled offense and failing defense. Doesn’t matter anymore though

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/1/13/16887528/mike-mccoy-will-not-be-the-next-buffalo-bills-offensive-coordinator-nfl-coaching-search-report

Edited by BillsMafioso

19 minutes ago, BillsMafioso said:

He was dumped as the head coach, after having a high profiled offense and failing defense. Doesn’t matter anymore though

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/1/13/16887528/mike-mccoy-will-not-be-the-next-buffalo-bills-offensive-coordinator-nfl-coaching-search-report

I read and posted a bunch of reviews on the candidates and McCoys weren’t favorable being let go  both Denver and w/ Chargers. 

2 division rivals both not successful 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/11/breaking-broncos-fire-offensive-coordinator-mike-mccoy-promote-bill-musgrave

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

23 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Stick a fork in the Kubiak system. 

It is toast! 

just to be on the other side of the fence here...

who is realy at fault here? the person who hired Dennison to implement a WCO with TT at the helm or Dennison for not tayloring the offense to fit a QB who simply can't run a timing offense?

square peg round hole on both sides here me thinks....

Edited by Foxx

5 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

I hope McCoy accepts our offer

Stop the nonsense shady, we want mccoy

When you first came here I thought it was funny watching everyone go back and forth with you and how silly you seemed because of the way you post.

Now it has gotten old.

When I see you post on here now, I am so annoyed by your style of "I speak on behalf of the Buffalo Bills" style of posting that it just makes me want to close the web browser and leave this place.

Thanks for making this place far less enjoyable dickhead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

who is realy at fault here? the person who hired Dennison to implement a WCO with TT at the helm or Dennison for not tayloring the offense to fit a QB who simply can't run a timing offense?

IIRC  Dennison did make an effort to tailor the offense for Taylor.  

It just didn’t work.  TT regressed.  

He’d target a guy with success until he was covered then gave up later in games.  

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He’d target a guy with success until he was covered then gave up later in games.  

2 second half touchdowns since week 11 is not the fault of the OC.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

...think he did at times, but not consistently.........

25 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

I hope McCoy accepts our offer

Stop the nonsense shady, we want mccoy

Didint you you say in a previous post that McCoy was hired and there would be a presser? Also,  you do realize that one of the Bills reporters has tweeted that the Bills are not hiring McCoy?  So either the Bills never made an offer or McCoy already turned them down

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Exactly^. Would have been nice if he tailored more the offence to him, in you know.. The playoff game last week...

...not sure if he was frustrated or wanted to prove TT should not be in the long term plans.......sign of a good coach is to adjust your system to fit your personnel...Schwartz did a good job of it....Dennison?...meh....

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

With reports that McCoy is out of the running (which is probably a good thing), I'm hoping we land a combo of Chudzinski OC and Dorsey QB Coach.

Other that mass speculation and chudly 

was there ever anything more than speculation?

The only supporting argument is how Vic came to this determination?

a presser or inside info. 

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I’m just not seeing any resistance in the comments. I don’t want a Shula, a Marino, a Brady, a Belichek or anyone one of their ilk on the Bills - ever. 

I agree with this with one caveat. If Bellichick were to leave NE for us (obviously rediculous) I would take him just to get him off that team.

That said, I would rather he go to any NFC team instead.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure if he was frustrated or wanted to prove TT should not be in the long term plans.......sign of a good coach is to adjust your system to fit your personnel...Schwartz did a good job of it....Dennison?...meh....

100 percent agree

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

I agree with this with one caveat. If Bellichick were to leave NE for us (obviously rediculous) I would take him just to get him off that team.

That said, I would rather he go to any NFC team instead.

Bellyache said he’s not leaving NE at least through 18. 

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Other that mass speculation and chudly 

was there ever anything more than speculation?

The only supporting argument is how Vic came to this determination?

a presser or inside info. 

I dunno, everything is speculation right now. I'm just going off whatever press reported last, and my desire for the Bills to quickly shore up the O coaches with a QB-centric staff. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dunno, everything is speculation right now. I'm just going off whatever press reported last, and my desire for the Bills to quickly shore up the O coaches with a QB-centric staff. :thumbsup:

The twitterverse. 

Get something out and update later. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Can I vote "yes"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Schmuggs said:

Expected and needed. 

The other day Leroi was taking about this. He doesn’t want me to share any real info, esp. here, however, His replacement will be an upgrade. Big upgrade...

mlm

Just admit you are Leroi 

middle fingers are unnecessary 

mlm

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Tyrod Taylor- The OC Killer! :D

If that doesn’t change he’ll be a coach killer.