Rapoport: Sunday is "Likely" Tyrod Taylor's Last Regular Season Game as a Bill

26CornerBlitz

You have to hope Rappaport is right about a trade, but who's going to give anything up for him when he's likely to be a free agent?  And why would anyone get into a bidding war for Tyrod Taylor to "insure" the Bills pick up his option so he can be traded?

• Like (+1) 1

Is the Rex QB era really going to end? Having a real QB in Buffalo is still a dream, the draft can not get here soon enough. I do not trust OBD at all when it comes to QBs, they work hard pushing backup QBs while avoiding fixing the problem with late round slugs in route to the longest playoffless loser streak in all of sports. I will believe it when I see it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rapoport: 'Likely' that Sunday is Tyrod Taylor's last regular-season game with Buffalo (0:57)

Bills will be looking for a trade as rather than releasing him. 

I hope he lights it up against Miami then. Hopefully teams will look at that "upside" and trade with us as opposed to hoping he chooses them in FA.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Teams with a loaded roster outside of QB could look at Tyrod. Jaguars or Broncos likely options. Wouldn't fetch much but he is a guy a team can with with when the defense is sturdy and receivers can separate. I know everyone is quick to dismiss him because he isn't able to single-handedly win games for us, but he is an NFL talent. If our defense in 2015 was anywhere near the 2014 team Rex inherited we would have been a playoff team for sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

You have to hope Rappaport is right about a trade, but who's going to give anything up for him when he's likely to be a free agent?  And why would anyone get into a bidding war for Tyrod Taylor to "insure" the Bills pick up his option so he can be traded?

It appears TT is valued more around the league than some Bills followers, one of those the grass is greener with another QB type of things.

I agree TT has his limitations but far from the bottom of the barrel and by far the best QB that we have acquired in quite awhile (stats wise, W-L), imo.

14 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I hope he goes to Cleveland and mentors their new qb. My hope is it is part of a trade for their 2nd first round pick and we are able to keep some of our draft capital while we take an early QB.

A first round pick for Tyrod? That would be mind boggling, even for the Browns.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Shocking.......... I wonder if Dunkirk Don is his source?

I thought he quit posting ?

2 hours ago, Ennjay said:

He is still under contract and if I'm the bills I hold him till I get acceptable compensation.

Face it, Tyrod is our QB. He found a rhythm with a gimpy Benjamin in New England. Imagine if he had a dominant 6’6 TE & Zay Jones develops into a legit starter. Imagine if Dennison could design an offense around Russell Wilson aka Tyrod Taylor. The Bills needs are beyond the QB position. In fact Pererman, if I’m reading the tea leaves at TBD could be a decent starter/backup, rendering using our 1st round or worse trading and using multiple draft picks to draft a “sure fire” high round 1st a risk not worth taking. 

McDermott/Beane know the weaknesses of this team. They also know the risks of striking out on QB. If they can win 8 or 9 games with Tyrod behind a talent deprived roster, what can t they do with reserve talent?   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big C said:

Teams with a loaded roster outside of QB could look at Tyrod. Jaguars or Broncos likely options. Wouldn't fetch much but he is a guy a team can with with when the defense is sturdy and receivers can separate. I know everyone is quick to dismiss him because he isn't able to single-handedly win games for us, but he is an NFL talent. If our defense in 2015 was anywhere near the 2014 team Rex inherited we would have been a playoff team for sure.

Why would the Jaguars replace Bortles with Taylor? There is no question who has played better this season.  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

I hope he goes to Cleveland and mentors their new qb. My hope is it is part of a trade for their 2nd first round pick and we are able to keep some of our draft capital while we take an early QB.

How is Taylor a "mentor" and a 1st round pick in return? Come on

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big C said:

Man, Tyrod in Jacksonville, with that defense, and a nice running game with Fournette? They'll be quite the team.

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Why would the Jaguars replace Bortles with Taylor? There is no question who has played better this season.  

$$$$$

This is the only scenario that makes sense because while the other 31 teams can call Buffalo's bluff, there is that one team who believes it's better to give up a mid to late round pick and secure his rights than to true and lure him to their team only to have to pay a high premium contract right at the start. The receiving team could still have him at a reasonable contract for a year and essentially say what the Bills did, "Go prove you're worth the money". 

For a team like Denver or even the Browns as a QB to compete with their new, shiny QB or simply to hold the spot, or even a team like the Cards depending on what happens with Arians, could make some sense for the reasons I just mentioned. For the Bills, at WORST they would have to eat his contract and let him be the #2 guy and as injuries happen, for them it would be a security blanket and of course at best they get a pick for him. Hopefully, this is the kind of smart, shrewd type of business we'll be seeing from now on...

6 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Man, Tyrod in Jacksonville, with that defense, and a nice running game with Fournette? They'll be quite the team.

$$$$$

I think Bortles 5th year option is only injury guaranteed so they could save money by cutting him that is fair.  But I suspect they work out a deal with him that extends him two years right in that Bradford - Glennon - Taylor bridge range.  

Boy, you would think that the Bills would also need such a bridge and mentor.

I absolutely want to move on from Taylor BUT if we are banking on some rookie QB, WE are going to need him as bridge and mentor.

If we trade him, we are likely going after Cousins or Smith.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rapoport: 'Likely' that Sunday is Tyrod Taylor's last regular-season game with Buffalo (0:57)

Bills will be looking for a trade rather than releasing him. 

Duh...I think we all knew that.

Next thing Rappaport is going to report on is that the sky is Blue.

He needs to stick to playing Tiny Tennis against a wig wearing Arnold...

39 minutes ago, JM57 said:

$$$$$

I still think Coughlin tries to find a way that is feasible for the team to get Eli. 

8 hours ago, Ennjay said:

depends on how much the option is for

Sometimes you have to risk going two steps back in order to attempt to go 10 steps ahead......

Meaning we know we can win 8-9 games a year with Tyrod at QB, but IMO we shouldn't be satisfied with that. Its not about just making a wild card game, but rather building a dominant team year in & year out. They need to take a swing for the fences and attempt to get a franchise QB. Its possible that means having less wins next season, but IMO you gotta at least try for the health of the franchise for the next decade. 

Spend the capital and get a legit QB (I prefer trade up and draft someone, but understnd the Cousins outlook too). 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Thank you (+1) 1