What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

The only 2 realistic options are Allen or Mayfield.

Rosen will be gone. Darnold is probably going back to college but even if he comes out he'll be gone also. Mason Rudolph is overrated and if we want a QB like Lamar Jackson we might as well just keep Tyrod.

So it's really down to either Allen or Mayfield. 

Edited by Klaista2k

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Who cares. Are LA and PHI worrying about what their cost was for Goff and Wentz

Browns and Giants both will sell the pick if the package is right

I disagree. Neither team in need of a franchise QB is punting on the chance to get one of 2 guys thought to be that. If Indy gets to 2 (don’t even know if that’s possible) then maybe. There’s no chance that the Giants or Browns trade out if Rosen & Darnold come out. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I disagree. Neither team in need of a franchise QB is punting on the chance to get one of 2 guys thought to be that. If Indy gets to 2 (don’t even know if that’s possible) then maybe. There’s no chance that the Giants or Browns trade out if Rosen & Darnold come out. 

Unfortunately I agree.. I’ve been following it closer than I care to admit in terms of someone sneaking past the giants for the second pick that has a qb (Indy.)

indy will pick 2 with a loss to Houston and a giants win over Washington Sunday. Tiebreaker is SOS (worse gets better pick). Indy obliterates giants in that tiebreaker.  

I don't want to give away all our high picks to trade up. We have way too many holes to fill to do that, nothing more than a 1st, a second and a later round at most if we feel we really need to do it to get "our guy", and only if the scouting staff is absolutely  positive about him. Forget the top 3 QB picks, they will be too rich. I would rather trade one to KC for Smith if that was possible, and let our new pick we got by not trading up in the 1st develop. We really need to first get a solid Oline to protect our QB and let our running game flourish to take the pressure off whoever our QB is. And we need to a Dline to hold the rush and hurry the passer.

Edited by simpleman

If Beane and his upgraded personnel team think that one of these guys is a can't miss type, then they should use whatever picks required to move up and get the guy.  But if they don't see a can't miss guy like that, then find the best FA QB you can and use the picks to build the lines.

I think they'll maybe draft a guy with one of their first round picks.  Maybe Allen or Mayfield.  I don't think they'll see any one of these guys as a can't miss prospect.  I think it's more likely they'll sign Cousins.  In the recent si article on him, Cousins is all about process.  I think his philosophy and McDermott's would be a perfect fit.  That way they can use the picks to build their lines.  To me, as much as the QB issues we've had for 17 years, the inability to be strong up front on both sides of the ball has led to the lack of a playoff spot.

Since we won't have a shot at darnold or Rosen ..the guy I want is josh Allen ..the guy has the physical tools and mechanics..obviously his college numbers aren't the best .but production and stats  in college don't always correlate with NFL sucess..it's kinda a feel thing can the qb make accurate throws..can he anticipate does he throw wrs open..if you watched EJ Manuel in college his numbers didn't look all that bad but you could see his unnatural stiff delivery and lack of anticipation . Josh Allen has one of the worst wrs corps in the nation but can make throws no other qb in the draft can 

Josh Rosen is the best Quarterback prospect in this class, so him and if I thought a trade up were possible I'd be willing to do it even at a hefty price.  But it won't be.  

After that I'd be happy with Darnold or Mayfield in trade ups but only for 1 additional pick.  Rudolph is the only other Quarterback I would be "happy" with them taking in the 1st round. I know he has a lot of critics here and there are some flaws but he has some really good tools too.  Jackson is not a 1st round Quarterback on tape.  It is too much projection still but I would not hate the Bills taking a shot if he drops to them (would HATE a trade up for him).  

If the Bills pick Josh Allen in either the 1st or indeed 2nd round I will cry.  He is not very good.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh Rosen is the best Quarterback prospect in this class, so him and if I thought a trade up were possible I'd be willing to do it even at a hefty price.  But it won't be.  

After that I'd be happy with Darnold or Mayfield in trade ups but only for 1 additional pick.  Rudolph is the only other Quarterback I would be "happy" with them taking in the 1st round. I know he has a lot of critics here and there are some flaws but he has some really good tools too.  Jackson is not a 1st round Quarterback on tape.  It is too much projection still but I would not hate the Bills taking a shot if he drops to them (would HATE a trade up for him).  

If the Bills pick Josh Allen in either the 1st or indeed 2nd round I will cry.  He is not very good.  

Pretty much agree here GB, though Mayfield's place is still very dependent on his Measurables and Interviews imo.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Pretty much agree here GB, though Mayfield's place is still very dependent on his Measurables and Interviews imo.

Yep and I agree with that too. I actually don't think the Bills will be high on Mayfield. He just doesn't seem to fit what Beane has described publicly and the character concerns will be an issue for McDermott I think. 

I hope I am wrong because it would limit our options but just not sure the Bills will see him as a fit. 

We will see how the things shake out closer to draft day but dont be shocked if all the top QB prospects are off the board already. The should not trade up to get one either. The Bills cannot waste the draft capital for one player. There are free agent QB's that will be available that can win games. The Bills have too many needs so they need all their draft picks to add talent and depth. 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Browns could easily bank a ton of oicks for future and still get a QB with their second top 5 pick. But then again that really depends alot if Hugh is there or not. Also i dont think Giants would mind one bit moving back in the draft. Their Owner is on record saying Eli is not going anywhere 

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Browns could easily bank a ton of oicks for future and still get a QB with their second top 5 pick. But then again that really depends alot if Hugh is there or not. Also i dont think Giants would mind one bit moving back in the draft. Their Owner is on record saying Eli is not going anywhere 

Time will tell but there is NO chance that the Browns move. Their 2nd pick is in play. They have been crucified for passing the last 2 years and that’s why Dorsey is there. If Indy passes the Giants for the 2nd pick there is a chance. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Time will tell but there is NO chance that the Browns move. There 2nd pick is in play. They have been crucified for passing the last 2 years and that’s why Dorsey is there. If Indy passes the Giants for the 2nd pick there is a chance. 

Yes Dorsey is charged with getting a QB. However that doesnt mean 1st overall. They could easily move that pick for a Haul and take Mayfield with second pick. Takes the Risk away of Rosen not playing for them. 

Also if i temember right Dorsey was the one that made the Alex Smith Trade so maybe Mayfield if more of what he likes at the position a more mobile guy as opposed to the big arm in Rosen

just saying never say never with two early picks they can get a haul and still thier QB

Edited by MAJBobby

Darnold is my top choice, but I assume he goes #1 overall, or at least #2, so we dont have a chance.

Rudolph is my second favorite, and I think the most realistic option.

Depending on how he does in this year's playoffs, I wouldnt hate a Mayfield pick. But I have my apprehensions and see him as another JP Losman (can chuck it, but no brain).

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

1ST ROUND PICKS, QB MASON RUDOLPH AND HIS TEAM MATE WR JAMES WASHINGTON, PASSING GAME FIXED.

2ND ROUND PICKS ILB T.J. EDWARDS AND DT TAVERN BRYAN. RUN DEFENSE FIXED

2 hours ago, BBills88 said:

Mason Rudolph showed forward progress in all 4 years. I believe in the Bill Parcels model when it comes to picking QB's. (Bledsoe,Romo)

I think Rudolph has a higher floor than any other QB not named Rosen or Darnold. He could be sitting right in our laps with that 1st pick, we won't have to move or do anything, use the other picks to build a solid team around him.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Rudolph has a higher floor than any other QB not named Rosen or Darnold. He could be sitting right in our laps with that 1st pick, we won't have to move or do anything, use the other picks to build a solid team around him.

I agree. Plus I still would like to see what we have in Peterman. I wouldn't mind having a young QB pit

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

5:15

Ahhh yes.  I was looking at the time on ESPN and thinking they were giving me est since that's what they normally do.  I'm on central time.  It said 4:15 and I was thinking that was est since that's the time zone they normally give for MNF.

5 hours ago, BBills88 said:

Mason Rudolph showed forward progress in all 4 years. I believe in the Bill Parcels model when it comes to picking QB's. (Bledsoe,Romo)

Parcells had a pretty mixed bag of results when it came to QB's. 

However, I'd love to have someone like a young Drew Bledose or Romo (at any point as long as he's healthy) as our QB.

How bout I throw a new name in the mix who might enter the NFL draft and have a chance to go high in the draft.....What does everyone think of Drew Lock from Missouri. He’s 6’4 or 6’3 225 and put together an incredible stretch of games this year to turn that Missouri program around this year. 

He’s a little more raw than the other guys and had a lower completion percentage at 57% but he pushes the ball vertically more than most college guys. Had 44 TDS and 13 INTS this year. Not advocating for him but he will prob be a 2nd round pick if he comes out and thought he was worth bringing up

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

How bout I throw a new name in the mix who might enter the NFL draft and have a chance to go high in the draft.....What does everyone think of Drew Lock from Missouri. He’s 6’4 or 6’3 225 and put together an incredible stretch of games this year to turn that Missouri program around this year. 

He’s a little more raw than the other guys and had a lower completion percentage at 57% but he pushes the ball vertically more than most college guys. Had 44 TDS and 13 INTS this year. Not advocating for him but he will prob be a 2nd round pick if he comes out and thought he was worth bringing up

IMO, Lock stays at Missouri one more year.

The only thing against Mayfield that I can see is his size. Darnold's comp % is crap. 

Is there anything in the system that Mayfield plays in that's a red flag - like for Rudolph? A system that inflates numbers for the QB in college, but won't translate well to the pros? 

I mean, I've seen them all play and Mayfield looks like Superman to me. He's the only one that really impresses. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The only thing against Mayfield that I can see is his size. Darnold's comp % is crap. 

Is there anything in the system that Mayfield plays in that's a red flag - like for Rudolph? A system that inflates numbers for the QB in college, but won't translate well to the pros? 

I mean, I've seen them all play and Mayfield looks like Superman to me. He's the only one that really impresses. 

My biggest concern about Mayfield is that he has a lot of success via the "just chuck it" method. And while that may work at the college level, half of those iffy college completions will be picks at the NFL level. I also dont think he's mentally ready to become a professional. But that's only from what we see in the news, I've never met or interviewed him.

With Rudolph, I dont care about the stats really. I know he isnt going to put up ~400yds and 50 pts each game. What I DO like about OkSt's system and Rudolph's success in it, is that it requires the QB to throw the ball, with timing, and with accuracy. You dont see Rudolph holding onto it much. One-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, ball is out. And hitting his receiver in stride, allowing him to gain YAC.

JMO.

edit: I will say though, Mayfield could win me over by shining in the playoffs and leading his team to a championship. It's what swayed me on Deshaun Watson last year.

Edited by DrDawkinstein